Options

The Great Southern Wall

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    g under p said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

you guy's can hate Trump all you want..no problem, but you really should think about OUR national security.

For myself I do NOT HATE President Trump you should NOT lump me in with others who might do so. I do think he's clearly unprepared for this job but will take on this job to make it ALL about himself while also make a ton of money for himself and his followers. For the time being I will give him the benefit of the doubt....He's just starting out his presidency which has not started out on a positive note.

Unlike you Godfather who HATED former president Obama to the core, of whom you called every negative vile name in the book.

Peace
    ohhhhh that's not true.....there were a few names I left out. LOL !~!!!!

Good for you, it shows what kind of person you truly are to think it's funny and want to laugh about it. What brilliance you can show.

Peace
    if I take everything that's said to me on this forum seriously I wouldn't be having any fun, most of you folks when comes to politics' are
    campaigning with your emotions more than clear thinking and I understand that, we all do it from time to time so why not have a little fun with serious debate ?
    I'm sure from my posts by here are far the emotional side of things what does bother me from time is the shear stupidity that is shown here. As far as you are concerned GF you have 0 credibility with me *zero*™ :smile:

Peace
    LOL ! and this would mean what to me ?

• Options
    tbergs said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

Are you guys who are anti wall in favor of the already existing wall between Mexico and the United States?

Does the current wall work? I've heard it doesn't.
    it was never finished, I actually worked on that wall while working with cranes (12 years) and the funny thing about it is that nobody protested nobody mocked the president in fact most Americans were all for it and I'll bet if Clinton had finished that wall you all would be saying how great it is and you'd be so proud that she loves America.............TRUTHBOMB ! LOL !!!

No
    Si

Never have wanted a wall and I don't care who the president is/was. A wall is not how you solve problems and will be a monumental long term cost and hassle.

We do need to identify a solution to the problems that the Border Patrol agents are facing because these are not made up concerns; however, it should not be a knee jerk reaction that just requires physical materials and no long term policy, agreement or proactive plan. It's like building more prisons instead of identifying why so many people are being incarcerated. Building walls and prisons makes people feel better and safe so they can forget about actually solving the issue. They are both band-aids that only mask the problem.

This administration seems to be all about putting band-aids on and acting like they've solved the problem. You can see the same thinking in every cabinet pick so far. Create the illusion and people will move on to something else.
    how many walls have been built to safeguard countries and keep non citizens out ? fences make good neighbors.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Good thing these walls weren't in place when your ancestors arrived here or turned away at airport or at the ship dock !

LOL !!!! that's funny, My ancestors didn't come here to leach off the system, use terroristic violence and demand Americans change their culture and beliefs to suit ours, that wall is more than just to detour Mexican people there are also isis scum using the Mexican/American border to come here and commit crimes..among others.

Uhhhh, Godfather, perhaps you need a lesson in U.S. history on why anyone who isn't a native tribesman is here in the first place. Perhaps ask a native tribesman what he or she thinks about people coming here and using terrorism and changing cultures. You say some dumb shit but this is one of the dumbest.
    why Native Tribesman ? they were not the first settle in N. America, archeologist have found that it very likely French European's and Asians following where among the first settled inhabitance....you were talking about native American Indians right ? if you're going to quote history in America you really should keep up with the changing information just so you don't say anything "dumb" ....Uhhhhh O.K ?

I appreciate the information. It doesn't discredit my point.
    g under p said:

Good thing these walls weren't in place when your ancestors arrived here or turned away at airport or at the ship dock !

LOL !!!! that's funny, My ancestors didn't come here to leach off the system, use terroristic violence and demand Americans change their culture and beliefs to suit ours, that wall is more than just to detour Mexican people there are also isis scum using the Mexican/American border to come here and commit crimes..among others.

Uhhhh, Godfather, perhaps you need a lesson in U.S. history on why anyone who isn't a native tribesman is here in the first place. Perhaps ask a native tribesman what he or she thinks about people coming here and using terrorism and changing cultures. You say some dumb shit but this is one of the dumbest.
    why Native Tribesman ? they were not the first settle in N. America, archeologist have found that it very likely French European's and Asians following where among the first settled inhabitance....you were talking about native American Indians right ? if you're going to quote history in America you really should keep up with the changing information just so you don't say anything "dumb" ....Uhhhhh O.K ?

Could you please provide for some of us who may know any of this info a link so I can improve my knowledge of North America.

Peace
    research, you'll have to do it yourselves.
    Ahh, the classic "I have information, you don't. Hardy harr, you'll have to find it." Thank you for being so educational.
    sorry man, oh crap this is too funny.
    it's not stuff I specifically look for usually but run across while looking for other info....shit I can't get passed the "Hardy Harr" ohhh that was funny, thank you good sir for the laugh, really I mean it ..I'm friggin crying from laughing.

:plus_one:
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

Forget the wall. Fix the current system that doesn't work. Revamp the welfare system and immigration. If your not a citizen, you don't get free anything. If you are a criminal you get deported. Stop the fleecing of American generosity. Oh and that applies to the citizens of this country too. Change welfare into workfare. If immigrants have children here that instantly become US citizens because they were born here, then allow them to go through the process to become legal citizens. Encourage them to be responsible citizens and help pay their dues, including taxes. There are many people that don't do this. It's a growing problem. It's not going to fix itself. But building a wall will not solve anything. It will just temporize the problem. Stop government incompetency. This obviously would include Trump.

I agree & would add if you are an illegal immigrant and want legal status you should be mandated to serve in the armed forces for 4 yrs to gain legal status ..
    I like it....I like it a lot.
    Were going to need the troops...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805

mickeyrat said:

horseshit. straight up horseshit.
    truth hurts don't it...

cite ANY crime and subsequent arrest of someone who crossed via mexico that is isis affiliated. cite from a reputable , referencable source.

Seriously.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

Forget the wall. Fix the current system that doesn't work. Revamp the welfare system and immigration. If your not a citizen, you don't get free anything. If you are a criminal you get deported. Stop the fleecing of American generosity. Oh and that applies to the citizens of this country too. Change welfare into workfare. If immigrants have children here that instantly become US citizens because they were born here, then allow them to go through the process to become legal citizens. Encourage them to be responsible citizens and help pay their dues, including taxes. There are many people that don't do this. It's a growing problem. It's not going to fix itself. But building a wall will not solve anything. It will just temporize the problem. Stop government incompetency. This obviously would include Trump.

I agree & would add if you are an illegal immigrant and want legal status you should be mandated to serve in the armed forces for 4 yrs to gain legal status ..
    me too. But it can include the crackdown of business that employ the undocumented.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

truth hurts don't it...

cite ANY crime and subsequent arrest of someone who crossed via mexico that is isis affiliated. cite from a reputable , referencable source.

Seriously.
    http://www.abc15.com/news/state/border-patrol-detains-6-middle-eastern-men-along-arizona-border

what ? now you and the lib's are going to defend ISIS ? sad sad day on the train......

• Options
    edited February 2017

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

truth hurts don't it...

Seriously.
    http://www.abc15.com/news/state/border-patrol-detains-6-middle-eastern-men-along-arizona-border

what ? now you and the lib's are going to defend ISIS ? sad sad day on the train......

CBP said the "records checks revealed no derogatory information about the individuals.

criminal acts that would warrant jail/prison.

you said crime. cite it. border jumping doesnt seem to qualify as criminal by statute. its a civil matter.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

truth hurts don't it...

Seriously.

CBP said the "records checks revealed no derogatory information about the individuals.

criminal acts that would warrant jail/prison.

you said crime. cite it. border jumping doesnt seem to qualify as criminal by statute. its a civil matter.
    good grief....you're just grabbing at straws, anything to discredit Trump with no thought for this countries financial and security
    issues.

• Options
    crossing ANY countries boarder is a CRIME civil or not, stop with the blind defense already.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    edited February 2017
    mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

me too. But it can include the crackdown of business that employ the undocumented.
    I would say businesses are the main culprit in illegal immigration and I totally agree with your point. Wouldn't it make sense to make every illegal person a legal citizen with the stroke of a pen and then have them pay into social security and taxes?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

I'm not sure of a mandate, but this could be a viable option...
    Yeah... Cause what you want in your armed forces are people who are there involuntarily.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

crossing ANY countries boarder is a CRIME civil or not, stop with the blind defense already.

Not true... people cross borders all the time and NONE of them is engaging in a criminal act in doing so... In fact I am just about to cross 'your' border within a fortnight and I can guarantee I am committing no crime in doing so.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Don't be ridiculous GF... No one is defending ISIS.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

Yeah... Cause what you want in your armed forces are people who are there involuntarily.

Yeah, that's why I said not sure about a mandate. But yeah, it could be an option for people who WANT to do it as a path to citizenship in the US. Because we should not involuntarily keep payng taxes for our government to support these individuals who aren't citizens.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

Yeah, that's why I said not sure about a mandate. But yeah, it could be an option for people who WANT to do it as a path to citizenship in the US. Because we should not involuntarily keep payng taxes for our government to support these individuals who aren't citizens.
    It's not an option. Fight our bullshit wars and we'll make you a citizen???? Come on that's ridiculous.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

French Europeans??? Seriously GF? When the landmass that we now know as North America was first populated, there was no such thing as France, let alone French Europeans. Asians? Who do you mean by Asians? Are you speaking of those who crossed over from the 'Asian' landmass when it was connected to the north American landmass?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    When did the right wing of this country become a bunch of scared fearful wusses? The guys that try to act the toughest are actually the biggest wussies of them all. It's embarrassing

You guys are scared of everybody... except apparently well armed white people with mental health issues. You'll build a drive thru windows for them to buy an AR-15... speaking of national security *ahem*
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

It's not an option. Fight our bullshit wars and we'll make you a citizen???? Come on that's ridiculous.

All wars are bullshit, because leaders can't negotiate and compromise. So then you should argue why would any citizen want to be in the military...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

All wars are bullshit, because leaders can't negotiate and compromise. So then you should argue why would any citizen want to be in the military...
    So friggin' true... Wars are the result of a complete breakdown of not only sense but intelligent thought to move past conflict. The human race is fucked.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    my2hands said:

When did the right wing of this country become a bunch of scared fearful wusses? The guys that try to act the toughest are actually the biggest wussies of them all. It's embarrassing

You guys are scared of everybody... except apparently well armed white people with mental health issues. You'll build a drive thru windows for them to buy an AR-15... speaking of national security *ahem*

The right wing have always been wussies cause they hide behind the 2nd amendment as if it were incontrovertible truth. They can't seem to grasp the fact that history moves on and the climate in which the 2nd amendment was written no longer exists and hasn't done so for quite some time... Yet they cleve to it like a baby grasping it's rattle.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    I'm sorry this off topic, but I can't get past this thread title without thinking of Pantera. I keep wanting to change it to Great Southern Trendkill. Even some of the lyrics apply.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

Not true... people cross borders all the time and NONE of them is engaging in a criminal act in doing so... In fact I am just about to cross 'your' border within a fortnight and I can guarantee I am committing no crime in doing so.

do you have a passport ?....if not then you are breaking OUR laws, you must have some legal documents to legally enter the US.
    pretty simple really, anybody who enters the US without proper papers or citizenship is breaking our laws, law

• Options
    tbergs said:

I'm sorry this off topic, but I can't get past this thread title without thinking of Pantera. I keep wanting to change it to Great Southern Trendkill. Even some of the lyrics apply.

awesome ! I don't know a lot about Pantera but a fan non the less, I don't know the song you are referring to

• Options

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

I think a country has the right to expect potential citizens to be prepared to contribute.

It might not necessarily be in the army, but if they can doctor or teach or contribute in another meaningful way... that would qualify. I don't think a country should be expected to just accept anyone because they show up.

With that said... the wall will prove to be useless. People that are advocating for it right now have consistently complained about misspending on the part of government. They need to figure out exactly which principles they truly stand for.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

revisionist history. as usual.

the fearful right strikes again.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

more like the Fearless Right...as usual but if that's your opinion I would guess you live in denial or Canada. LOL !

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

more like the Fearless Right...as usual but if that's your opinion I would guess you live in denial or Canada. LOL !

the fearless don't need to stockpile weapons and build walls to keep out the "bad dudes" (AKA: brown people).

yes, I live in canada.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

the fearless don't need to stockpile weapons and build walls to keep out the "bad dudes" (AKA: brown people).

yes, I live in canada.
    ever heard the phrase " peace thru superior fire power " ? it's true.
    otherwise all these third world countries wouldn't be asking the US for money to buy weapons and if you are talking about the right s of individuals gun owners......well my Canadian friend you may as well stay in Canada because Americans will never give up that right, especially just to appease liberals LOL !

• Options
    but hay I hear California want's to break away from the US and surrender to Canada...