Options

Mansfield 6/30

Comments

• Options
    Theo316Theo316 Posts: 30
    LOL...Noted!
    "...What have I become, my dearest friend? Everyone I know goes away in the end..."

Mansfield 2 '08
  • Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    hey guys, 6/30 is my first show too, any advice for a PJ show noob?
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

What kind of advice are you looking for?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329

Yes, enjoy it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Yes, enjoy it.

Ok, I think I'll be able to handle that lol

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    BinFrog wrote:
    What kind of advice are you looking for?

Yes... walk around and meet as many people as you can... it's a great crowd, great vibe...

Also, find us and we'll have a beer.

You'll know what do do when PJ takes the stage... it should be amazing.
  • Options
    Yes, enjoy it.

That's rule #1 without a doubt. It needs better wording though:

1) Enjoy the ever living hell out of it. You only get 1 first show. Above all else, sit back and enjoy the ride. You won't be the same person when the show is over.

God I wish I could see PJ again for the first time.
  • Options
    Yes... walk around and meet as many people as you can... it's a great crowd, great vibe...

Also, find us and we'll have a beer.

You'll know what do do when PJ takes the stage... it should be amazing.

I'll be looking for your guys' flag for sure. You'll be at the 28th show too, right? I am going to get there relatively early for that one, being a Saturday and all.

Cool personal fact: At Hartford, I'll officially have seen more shows than I am years old. MSG 2 will be my age in shows.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    I'll be looking for your guys' flag for sure. You'll be at the 28th show too, right? I am going to get there relatively early for that one, being a Saturday and all.

Cool personal fact: At Hartford, I'll officially have seen more shows than I am years old. MSG 2 will be my age in shows.

That's impressive!

We'll be there on the 28th as well. I think we'll be walking to the venue in Hartford...not sure how i'll get the pirate flag flyin' over there...
  • Options
    thanks guys, I'm really excited! This may be my first show, but it certainly wont be my last by any means. I havent been into Pearl Jam that long, for whatever reason, just a late discovery, but it's been a year, and I've tried to get my hands on every album and as many bootlegs as I can. I'm pumped for the show, thanks for the advice.

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Dissident will be at the Hartford Show. I'll be at the Mansfield show on the 30th....and yes we'll have beer and pleanty of it!!
    "...What have I become, my dearest friend? Everyone I know goes away in the end..."

Mansfield 2 '08
  • Options
    thanks guys, I'm really excited! This may be my first show, but it certainly wont be my last by any means. I havent been into Pearl Jam that long, for whatever reason, just a late discovery, but it's been a year, and I've tried to get my hands on every album and as many bootlegs as I can. I'm pumped for the show, thanks for the advice.

That's how I was. I started getting into them in college when I was 19-20 (96-98). Then I went out and bought every Pearl Jam piece of music I could get my hands on.

BinFrog is right, you only get 1 first show. I can't believe my first one was 10 years ago.

Here's another piece of advice. When they come around, go to every show you can. Due to certain things going on in my life I missed 3 or 4 shows that I should have gone to. I wish that I have could made those shows.

I'm not too happy that I'll be missing night one at Mansfield but I had already made plans with the girlfriend to go to NH on that Sunday for a race so I'm SOL.
  • Options

Get Mansfield III from 2003...

They end with Yellow Ledbetter and Ed sings "I don't have to ever play this outdoor place again"

Oops!
  • Options
    Here's another piece of advice. When they come around, go to every show you can. Due to certain things going on in my life I missed 3 or 4 shows that I should have gone to. I wish that I have could made those shows.

My first show was 96. I saw 1 in 96, and 3 in 98. 00 was when my touring started. Since that tour I have tried to catch 5-6 every time they play the northeast, and sometimes travel (Seattle, Ottawa, Montreal). Being around here is great...you are guaranteed Boston, Philly, New York, and usually Hartford shows.
  • Options
    Theo316 wrote:
    Hey all this is my first PJ show EVER! Can't wait! Hope have a good tailgating experience before the show, see you all there!!

6/30 will be my 20th show! (after Hartford and 6/28)

ok, I know that's not that impressive around here, but it is milestone! my first show was 4/11/94 Boston Garden.

oh and here's my advice: it's not about the tailgating!
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    My first show was 96. I saw 1 in 96, and 3 in 98. 00 was when my touring started. Since that tour I have tried to catch 5-6 every time they play the northeast, and sometimes travel (Seattle, Ottawa, Montreal). Being around here is great...you are guaranteed Boston, Philly, New York, and usually Hartford shows.

That's something I wish I could do just once. I have too much other shit going on. I really want to hit three or four but it usually just doesn't work out for me. I was real upset about Mansfield I so I went and payed out my ass for a VIP package in Hartford. I figured "fuck it". I'm really excited about it. (I am going to Mansfield II)

I just needed more time to work on my girlfriends conversion to Pearl Jam. She's already been once (VFC 04) but since she started dating me she finds herself listening to PJ more and more. I needed about 3 more months and I might have got her to blow of the race for PJ. LOL
  • Options
    That's something I wish I could do just once. I have too much other shit going on. I really want to hit three or four but it usually just doesn't work out for me. I was real upset about Mansfield I so I went and payed out my ass for a VIP package in Hartford. I figured "fuck it". I'm really excited about it. (I am going to Mansfield II)

I just needed more time to work on my girlfriends conversion to Pearl Jam. She's already been once (VFC 04) but since she started dating me she finds herself listening to PJ more and more. I needed about 3 more months and I might have got her to blow of the race for PJ. LOL

Yeah, my girlfriend is not into PJ at ALL. I would love to convert her, but I know my limitations! I work on my friends instead...
  • Options

I never did it until 02-03. Between the Seattle Christmas shows of 02 and the 03 tour I saw 9 shows. But now I really don't care to do that again, really. I'll go to all the boston shows and hartford. in 06 I lived in the south, and we all know what happened there...so I came up and went to the 2 boston shows. I was going to go to DC but I had to start my internship. I feel like I've "done that" for major pearl jam traveling, but you never know.
  • Options
    I just needed more time to work on my girlfriends conversion to Pearl Jam.

I hear you man, thats my current plight too. Things are going okay, shes coming with me to Mansfield, and was coming with me when I had Bonnaroo tickets, so I cant really complain.

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    Yeah, my girlfriend is not into PJ at ALL. I would love to convert her, but I know my limitations! I work on my friends instead...

I've never dated anyone who was into pearl jam in the least. it's weird. I go to shows with my brother. in the past we've taken non-fans along...it's not really worth it.
  • Options
    I hear you man, thats my current plight too. Things are going okay, shes coming with me to Mansfield, and was coming with me when I had Bonnaroo tickets, so I cant really complain.

why do all you guys insist on taking your girlfriends? you know they're just going to sit there trying to look annoyed and pretty.
  • Options
    why do all you guys insist on taking your girlfriends? you know they're just going to sit there trying to look annoyed and pretty.

Well, my best friend went to Boston II in 2006 and said "I dont really feel like seeing them again..." when I asked...

I didnt want that negative PJ vibe lol

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    Well, my best friend went to Boston II in 2006 and said "I dont really feel like seeing them again..." when I asked...

I didnt want that negative PJ vibe lol

well honestly if I didn't have my brother I probably would just go to all the shows alone and sell the other 10c ticket.
  • Options

My ex went to a handful of shows with me. Her first show was Mansfield III, 03. Not a bad first show ;)

My current girlfriend (who absolutely rules) will be seeing them for the first time at the MSG shows. What a way to say "welcome to the club".
  • Options
    I've never dated anyone who was into pearl jam in the least. it's weird. I go to shows with my brother. in the past we've taken non-fans along...it's not really worth it.

No truer words have been said. I've been to shows that I've loved and the friend I took along weren't all that into it.

I had a buddy that I took to one show in 2000 that hated it, fast forward 6 years later and he's calling me up screaming that we got to get PJ tickets because they're coming to Boston because now he loves them.

We'll see how it turns out this year. Not that I really give a shit though, LOL.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    My ex went to a handful of shows with me. Her first show was Mansfield III, 03. Not a bad first show ;)

My current girlfriend (who absolutely rules) will be seeing them for the first time at the MSG shows. What a way to say "welcome to the club".

My son was born right around the time PJ came around to Mansfield in 03. I had plans to go to that show but he was born 3 weeks early. It was a cool weekend when he was born though because I had seen them on the 3rd and he was born on the 6th. Not a bad 4th of July weekend.
  • Options

Taking non-fans B-L-O-W-S!

never again
  • Options
    Taking non-fans B-L-O-W-S!

never again

My girlfriend is not a big fan (yet), but she is not a non-fan. I think she'll have a blast at the MSG shows.
  • Options

Thanks!! Can't tell you how pumped I am !!!

Mansfield 2 '08
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    My girlfriend is not a big fan (yet), but she is not a non-fan. I think she'll have a blast at the MSG shows.

Wife is not a fan but also not a non-fan either. I have heard/caught her humming a few PJ tunes. She would NEVER go to a show though.

Mansfield 2 '08