Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Looks like Angela Merkel had to explain some pretty basic foreign policy issues to Drumpf over the weekend:
    Angela Merkel’s Censure Of Donald Trump’s Executive Order Puts Theresa May To Shame
    "The two heads of state talked on the phone over the weekend, and she apparently had to explain to him some pretty basic foreign policy facts.
    “The Geneva refugee convention requires the international community to take in war refugees on humanitarian grounds,” a spokesperson for Merkel said. “All signatory states are obligated to do. The German government explained this policy in their call.”"
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    jeffbr said:

Looks like Angela Merkel had to explain some pretty basic foreign policy issues to Drumpf over the weekend:
    Angela Merkel’s Censure Of Donald Trump’s Executive Order Puts Theresa May To Shame
    "The two heads of state talked on the phone over the weekend, and she apparently had to explain to him some pretty basic foreign policy facts.
    “The Geneva refugee convention requires the international community to take in war refugees on humanitarian grounds,” a spokesperson for Merkel said. “All signatory states are obligated to do. The German government explained this policy in their call.”"

Are you trying to say the skills needed to act like a toolbag on a tv show don't carry over to international relations?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

Are you trying to say the skills needed to act like a toolbag on a tv show don't carry over to international relations?
    I know it sounds crazy, but I have a feeling that The Apprentice didn't adequately prepare him for his current gig.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I know it sounds crazy, but I have a feeling that The Apprentice didn't adequately prepare him for his current gig.
    But...but..."you're fired"...and....stuff
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Later he shifted the focus away from the weekend’s immigration turmoil, signing an executive action aimed at cutting regulations for small businesses. White House officials called the directive a “one in, two out” plan, requiring government agencies requesting a new regulation to identify two others they will cut.
    Trump signed the order in the Oval Office surrounded by small business leaders, saying it would “massively” cut regulations and calling it the “biggest such act that our country has ever seen.”

Democratic New York Sen. Schumer choked up over the weekend while talking about the repercussions from the ban, but that brought scorn from Trump.
    “I noticed Chuck Schumer yesterday with fake tears — I’m going to ask him who was his acting coach, because I know him very well. I don’t see him as a crier,” Trump said at the White House on Monday.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/01/31/world/politics-diplomacy-world/trump-blames-airport-chaos-delta-glitch-protesters-senators-tears-not-travel-ban/#.WI_Oj4WcESk
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

But...but..."you're fired"...and....stuff
    Hey, wait a sec, maybe the government makes decisions and does things and stuff....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2017
    The Acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, is an American Hero. Bravo!!!

This president is not

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/donald-trump-immigration-order-department-of-justice/index.html?adkey=bn
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    benjs said:

a president who calls terrorists "bad dudes". did you all elect the Big Lebowski?

no interest in the horrific situation in canada?
    no, I'm currently WAY too obsessed with america and my blind hatred of such.
    tell me something i dont know....
    I always find it so interesting that americans that hate when non-americans criticize, or even just discuss, american foreign policy issues, which, like it or not, effect the globe, seem to be the first to defend their government's right to get involved in all the world's business.
    on second read, you are thinking way too much. have a doob and relax.
    That's the problem with the world - too much thinking.
    Not enough doobing.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited January 2017

Democratic New York Sen. Schumer choked up over the weekend while talking about the repercussions from the ban, but that brought scorn from Trump.
    “I noticed Chuck Schumer yesterday with fake tears — I’m going to ask him who was his acting coach, because I know him very well. I don’t see him as a crier,” Trump said at the White House on Monday.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/01/31/world/politics-diplomacy-world/trump-blames-airport-chaos-delta-glitch-protesters-senators-tears-not-travel-ban/#.WI_Oj4WcESk

Chuck Schumer is descending from a family that has been affected by the Holocaust. #FUDTNAF

Amidst all the bad news recently, I found this uplifting.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/democracy-wins-one-as-a-federal-court-strikes-a-big-blow-against-gerrymandering/

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

benjs said:

a president who calls terrorists "bad dudes". did you all elect the Big Lebowski?

I always find it so interesting that americans that hate when non-americans criticize, or even just discuss, american foreign policy issues, which, like it or not, effect the globe, seem to be the first to defend their government's right to get involved in all the world's business.
    Not enough doobing.
    I do enough doobing, don't know about the rest of you :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Latest tweet folks,
    The Democrats are delaying my cabinet picks for purely political reasons. They have nothing going but to obstruct. Now have an Obama A.G.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465

Latest tweet folks,
    The Democrats are delaying my cabinet picks for purely political reasons. They have nothing going but to obstruct. Now have an Obama A.G.

This coming from the leader of the party that obstructed Obama's SC pick for 6 months.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

Latest tweet folks,

i want to be trump's 4th wife. i'm falling in love. he has bought so much laughter to my life
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Not enough doobing.
    I do enough doobing, don't know about the rest of you :)
    Is it doobing or doobying?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

Latest tweet folks,

He's such a child. An idiotic child.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    just saw this....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38805944

If true.....holy shit.

"Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban."
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think we've quickly moved up through and to page 58 of the authoritarian handbook.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mfc2006 said:

just saw this....

If true.....holy shit.

"Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban."

Everybody, including her, knew she would be fired before midnight

Need more heroes like her to take a stand and fall on the sword if need be
    What a sack of shit. The outrage that is coming will be swift and brutal.

www.headstonesband.com

my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

just saw this....

If true.....holy shit.

Fucking unreal.....unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ^^^
    That's true. She lived by the sword.....
    Justice is swift.
    I know the acting AG. He's from my little town here in Illinois. Just got a bump by Obama not too long ago.

Here's to hoping for the best.
    Sally Yates. Patriot.

I know the acting AG. He's from my little town here in Illinois. Just got a bump by Obama not too long ago.

They threw democrats a bone while sessions awaits confirmation. It is transparent and stupid.

www.headstonesband.com

• vaggar99 said:
    I like it.

You like to drive around in your trucks shootin' your guns... they like to drive around in their trucks shootin' their guns. Ya'll need to go have a beer together.

Blue collar depths of intelligence on display.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

vaggar99 said:
    I like it.

You like to drive around in your trucks shootin' your guns... they like to drive around in their trucks shootin' their guns. Ya'll need to go have a beer together.

Blue collar depths of intelligence on display.
    he speaks the truth. there really are a lot of parallels between Islamic terrorists and the rest of the knowledge allergic citizens of the world.

They threw democrats a bone while sessions awaits confirmation. It is transparent and stupid.
    The guy is kind of a wiener. Shocking, right? A guy named Dana is a wiener.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    mfc2006 said:

my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

just saw this....

If true.....holy shit.

Fucking unreal.....unreal.
    It took Nixon an entire term plus a year before he sacked his AG in the Saturday Night Massacre. It takes Trump a week.. what an overachiever.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

The guy is kind of a wiener. Shocking, right? A guy named Dana is a wiener.
    It is kind of funny. In Germany, Dana is a girl's name. Only.
This discussion has been closed.