The Doors Official Thread

124»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    LukinFan said:
    bluegrace said:
    Just recently watched the movie. Val Kilmer did a good job playing Morrisson. Been listening to their music ever since.
    I'd like to get a RSD release or something with Val Kilmers vocals on the songs. I don't think that has every been released, like on the movie's soundtrack or something?

In the actual film, don't they mix and blend between him singing and Jim Morrison...?

I've never heard that before, but I kind of want it to be true.
    here you have a clip:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDoorsPortal/videos/1244431638906525/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I've loved The Doors since the early 80s and have dragged 2 ex-girlfriends and my wife to Jim's grave on different visits to Paris (not at the same time!). I've also got a 20 year old son who is really into them too and is in a band called Spanish Caravan.

Favourite song - Shaman's Blues from The Soft Parade

I crashed my dad's car on July 3 1985 while playing my LA Woman cassette and heard from the insurance on December 8th. Is that a coincidence?

Why, it's the very definition of a coincidence.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    John Densmore has a new book coming out! I have his other two books and they are great so pre-ordered this one too.  So stoked!
    The Seekers by John Densmore  Hachette Books

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.