Options

So this is not a hate crime?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039
    KC138045 said:

Not sure if true but now I'm seeing reports that it's has been charged a hate crime because the victim was mentally disabled not because he was white. Give me a fucking break!! They repeatedly said "fuck white people" not "fuck the mentally challenged".

FYI: The kid napping charge carries more time than the hate crime charge.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    Illinois appears to have a more substantial application of enhancing crimes than most states if they are committed for reasons based on race, religion, gender, etc. Automatic felony charges.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/documents/072000050k12-7.1.htm

What is confusing, is when certain crimes are classified as a hate crime, but it doesn't enhance or elevate the charges/penalties. In MN, only about 4 types of crime have enhanced penalties, but any crime committed that is found to be hate/bias related must be classified and reported to the FBI for the annual Uniform Crime Report (UCR). If you look back through the last 20 years, the number of reported and classified incidents by law enforcement across the nation has dropped roughly 30% even though the amount of classification definitions has doubled and the amount of reporting LE agencies has increased by about 25%. Either stats are being manipulated Baltimore style (The Wire reference), people are reporting them less because it doesn't matter or perpetrators have gotten better at hiding their motivation.

I'm not sure what the government is ultimately doing with this data, since it's just another counting stat. It did stem from congress so maybe they had a plan for it to increase awareness, education and tolerance into work and school settings and then as programs were implemented they could show improvements, which seems to be what the numbers suggest; however, I think it could be argued that it just pushed these ways of thinking out of public view and behind closed doors.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    Total dirt bags I hope they get put away for yrs simply put they are animals that should not be allowed in a civil society , why can we just have an offshore island to just send animals like this to just fend for themselves ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    So weird that they documented their crime on a live stream. Like a B-movie horror film from the 80's.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    yes those four freaks of nature should be hoisted up by their ears & flung off a building or something. wrap all four tightly together & lower them into a well every single day for several hours at a time for the next couple yrs.

but for real... they suck. chicago fucking sucks. if i were paid $1,000,000.13 a year to live in chicago, i am farely certain i would refuse. hell that goes for just about any large city.

i hope the kid is healing up & doing well
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    anyone know how to get in contact with this kid? maybe we could send cards & stuff. just a thought

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

I've seen so many Trumptards calling it a hate crime on Facebook and being hypocrites by saying the N word. All you have to do is google it and you'll see these privileged hypocrites. Of course, being the badass vigilante I am *sinister laughter*, I reported them. No one is above the law.

Unless the trump fans draw first blood, there's no excuse for what happened.

So carrying the same judgement...are these four individuals considered "Hillatards"? Just trying to get the lingo down.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I've seen so many Trumptards calling it a hate crime on Facebook and being hypocrites by saying the N word. All you have to do is google it and you'll see these privileged hypocrites. Of course, being the badass vigilante I am *sinister laughter*, I reported them. No one is above the law.

So carrying the same judgement...are these four individuals considered "Hillatards"? Just trying to get the lingo down.
    I think it's Clintontards ;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rssesq said:

only a libtard social justice warrior would say that isn't a hate crime. Do you think it would have taken that long and it was j-boy and not w-boy the perps were shouting?
    Rahm and the media would have made sure the appropriate charges were leveled in a TIMELY manner.

Classy, as usual.

So do you give your prospective clients a quiz to make sure they aren't "j-boys" before you represent them?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

only a libtard social justice warrior would say that isn't a hate crime. Do you think it would have taken that long and it was j-boy and not w-boy the perps were shouting?
    Rahm and the media would have made sure the appropriate charges were leveled in a TIMELY manner.

Classy, as usual.

So do you give your prospective clients a quiz to make sure they aren't "j-boys" before you represent them?
    What are "j-boys"?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

rgambs said:

rssesq said:

Classy, as usual.

What are "j-boys"?
    Given the poster, I would say Jew Boy.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

Thanks for clarifying :)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

anyone know how to get in contact with this kid? maybe we could send cards & stuff. just a thought

Great idea, chadwick.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

chadwick said:

Great idea, chadwick.
    Maybe we could get team slap together to deliver them. We could stop off at the jail, let Chadwick out, and deliver four slaps where they are desperately needed as well.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

Thanks for clarifying :)
    No way would they vote for Bernie or Jill. That makes them more stupid voting for Hillary since she hates blacks as well.

And I see knee jerkers like you seem to forget my "no one is above the law" post. Reading, you should try it sometime.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Have Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton said anything about this yet?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    PJPOWER said:

That depends on whether or not Clinton ran a campaign weaved with prejudice and racism and incited violence at her rallies.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

chadwick said:

Great idea, chadwick.
    Maybe we could get team slap together to deliver them. We could stop off at the jail, let Chadwick out, and deliver four slaps where they are desperately needed as well.
    I am so in on this.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "team slap the fuck out of these shitheads" is the grandest plan i've read on here in something like 47 years. i personally would pay good money to smack each one right upside their foolish head. i wonder how they were brought up. who are their parents? what kinds of lives have these idiots lived?

yep... slap, slap, slap & slap
    do something nice for others
    slap a mean person as hard as you can
    (hopefully the meanshitstick isn't built like a gorilla ready to break you in two)
    this is why we invented ball bats, ninja stars, bowling balls, wrecking ball cranes & tanks on fire speeding down mountains

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

First, I would ask what is your point?
    Are you just trying to stir the pot of race issues? Do you have any idea what those 2 men have done in their lives, how many people the have helped? Are you just another ignorant white person who discounts them because they deal with race issues, or do you actually have an opinion based in knowledge deeper than "those guys play the race card, I don't like it"?

Second, yes they have said something about it. Jackson went on MSNBC to talk about and and tweeted that "Violence should not be used as remedy or rhetoric"
    Sharpton tweeted "Just talked to Rev. Hatch in Chicago about this senseless, vicious crime. We pledge 1k to the family. A hate crime is deplorable PERIOD!"
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

So its ok in your book to call Trump supporters retards on a message board but you get your panties in a bunch when other people use derogatory terms on the internet. You're certainly not a badass but you're definitely a hypocrite.
    rmes with ditch and stich

Total dirt bags I hope they get put away for yrs simply put they are animals that should not be allowed in a civil society , why can we just have an offshore island to just send animals like this to just fend for themselves ..

It must be the chem trails and manganese supplier turning all those south side kids into animalia. LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Htrw9jpTSk

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

Classy, as usual.

They'd never hire a goyim lawyer. Don't you read the "holy" Talmud?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Are you just trying to stir the pot of race issues? Do you have any idea what those 2 men have done in their lives, how many people the have helped? Are you just another ignorant white person who discounts them because they deal with race issues, or do you actually have an opinion based in knowledge deeper than "those guys play the race card, I don't like it"?

Second, yes they have said something about it. Jackson went on MSNBC to talk about and and tweeted that "Violence should not be used as remedy or rhetoric"
    Sharpton tweeted "Just talked to Rev. Hatch in Chicago about this senseless, vicious crime. We pledge 1k to the family. A hate crime is deplorable PERIOD!"
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised to hear this.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

That's great to hear! I've warmed a bit to Sharpton over the years, after having written him off in the late 80's as a race baiter for his part in the Tawana Brawley fiasco. He was definitely a lying, shady, race baiting hack back then, but I think he's done a number of good things in the ensuing decades, and I'm glad to see that quote from him.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

rgambs said:

You shouldn't be, popular opinion from white Americans on these 2 has little to do with who they really are and what they really do.
    It's all a knee-jerk reaction from people who's sophistication on race issues is limited to ignorant statements like, "why is there a BET, if someone made a WET there would be an uproar!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

You shouldn't be, popular opinion from white Americans on these 2 has little to do with who they really are and what they really do.
    It's all a knee-jerk reaction from people who's sophistication on race issues is limited to ignorant statements like, "why is there a BET, if someone made a WET there would be an uproar!"
    I agree. They may not be as "agreeable" from "white America's" perspective, but they have dedicated their lives to fighting for the terrible racism suffered by blacks in America, and even if they have a few sharp edges, that is not at all deserving of the kind of aggressive attitudes that many white people tend to direct at them. I've always found it appalling that they are constantly criticized for the roles they have played in the fight for civil rights and equalities. I guess some people only like black civil rights advocates who are soft spoken and constantly trying to get along with everyone. Meanwhile, those same people voted for Donald fucking Trump. Gimme a fucking break.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I see what you mean, but it is my perception that these two are largely quiet when it comes to black on white crime. is that perception inaccurate?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwick said:

"team slap the fuck out of these shitheads" is the grandest plan i've read on here in something like 47 years. i personally would pay good money to smack each one right upside their foolish head. i wonder how they were brought up. who are their parents? what kinds of lives have these idiots lived?

yep... slap, slap, slap & slap
    do something nice for others
    slap a mean person as hard as you can
    (hopefully the meanshitstick isn't built like a gorilla ready to break you in two)
    this is why we invented ball bats, ninja stars, bowling balls, wrecking ball cranes & tanks on fire speeding down mountains

They most likely grew up in shit and didn't learn anything except violence from whoever was their parent, if even raised by a parent. None of that is an excuse of course, but it's a product of a horse shit system. There are some deep rooted issues and a long history that can't be corrected with these 4.

Hopefully the justice system gets this right. I would rather use my time and energy to seek out the victim and provide support instead of waste another second thinking what physical aggressions should or could be taken out against them. I'm tired of violence in response to violence. It's a pointless exercise in power assertion that doesn't provide any benefits.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I see what you mean, but it is my perception that these two are largely quiet when it comes to black on white crime. is that perception inaccurate?
    People can't be all things for all people. They obviously have a focus; just because they don't focus on black on white crime it doesn't mean they aren't against it. Of course they are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata