Cherish your loved ones.
    Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    This is very sad.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

very sad that she died so young. however.....and don't crucify me for this, but it's just a thought i had.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else? and just a tad empty and first world elitist?

I get it. We all react differently. I don't think I would cry if anyone I didn't know personally were to die. I love all sorts of music and movies but I don't that I'm so heavily invested in the people creating them that I would cry over it. Some are built to be more emotional than others. Not good or bad.

Although I have teared up during a movie or two so maybe I'm just full of shit.

I would. And I have. I am more emotional than probably 99% of the people on these boards, females included. I'm not saying don't mourn those that have brought you joy. I'm saying the sensationalization of it all on social media and regular media, the "worst year ever" is over the top.

people are taking what I said and twisting it to mean "don't mourn those you don't know" or something like that. I'm not saying don't be sad about the death of someone. I'm saying don't feed into the media's sensationalization of the whole of it. THAT. WAS. IT.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mcgruff10 said:

very sad that she died so young. however.....and don't crucify me for this, but it's just a thought i had.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else? and just a tad empty and first world elitist?

No. let people grieve they want to grieve. Who s to say people in other countries don't grieve the same way when their "heroes" pass away.
    see my comment above. I said nothing about grieving individual loss. it's the collective sensationalization of it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,742
    In terms of my childhood icons passing it has been the worst year ever, for that. I cried for Bowie and Cohen, especially Cohen. My heart did break to see others go what seems way to soon. And it is a shock when they come one right after the other like it has the past week.

As far as the rest of 2016 one of my best years ever and it's leading to what looks like an amazing 2017 for me.

Back to thread integrity, Carrie Fisher was awesome for so much more that being an actress, here is one of her last appearances as a treat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioTCY4YFD0
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

To mourn or not to mourn?
    Celebrity or non-celebrity?
    Either way, the message is clear...
    Cherish your loved ones.
    Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Well said especially since my mom is only one year older than Carrie. Don't take shit for granted.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    ^^^^ Bold, beautiful, and brilliant.