10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    Crazy....too young
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    REALLY, that can't be true. If so RIPeace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Fuuuuuck. She always seemed like a genuine person. As someone who lives with bipolar disorder, she was pretty much the first star to come out and address mental health issues. I'll always admire her for that.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I just want to go cry somewhere.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RIP Carrie.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    JK_Livin said:

I just want to go cry somewhere.

I am.

RIP

"She'll always be royalty to me."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited December 2016
    I don't care for her in Star Wars, but I have really been enjoying her non-movie presence in the media over the last few years. She was a bold, extremely funny woman with an attitude and a personal strength worth admiration, and it's very sad she died this young.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    RIP....so sad
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Hurry up and end 2016, the entertainment world can't stand any more.

RIP.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Another devastating loss. RIP Ms Fisher
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Loved her cameo in Austin Powers. She's in Shampoo with Warren Beatty as well. She even had a movie about her life called Postcards From The Edge.

RIP and FU 2016 for all good people dying and Trump still being here.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    wow
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,823
    It's getting harder and harder to focus on the positives from this past year. RIP Ms. Fisher.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Sad news.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    She was really a memorable actress.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,833
    Wow. Rip
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    R.I.P!!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    So sad.. farewell Carrie Fisher.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    very sad that she died so young. however.....and don't crucify me for this, but it's just a thought i had.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else? and just a tad empty and first world elitist?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Damn. I was surprised, I thought she was getting better.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

She was really a memorable actress.

Forgot to add The Burbs and When Harry Met Sally.

"Someone is staring at you in "personal growth"."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

very sad that she died so young. however.....and don't crucify me for this, but it's just a thought i had.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else? and just a tad empty and first world elitist?

I get what you're saying, Hugh...though I think it's less about someone famous dying, and more about that sense of personal loss (even from a distance), of someone we either grew up with, or who saved us in some way through their art and humanness...shit, I cried like a baby when my two favorite Georges (Carlin and Harrison) died.

See? I even called them "my", as they were with me through so much of my life, gave so much to my life.

And, I know 2017 will bring more of it, because death goes hand in hand with life.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else?

hedonist said:

I think it's less about someone famous dying, and more about that sense of personal loss (even from a distance)

I think seeing people that we associate with our childhood die, gives us that definite feeling of mortality. Knowing that we are not far behind.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I can't stop crying. Struggling to hold back the tears.
    This has really hit me like no celebrity death.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    MedozK said:

.....everyone seems to be going ape shit, making like the measure of a bad year is solely based on the amount of celebrities that died. isn't that weird to anyone else?

hedonist said:

I think it's less about someone famous dying, and more about that sense of personal loss (even from a distance)

I think seeing people that we associate with our childhood die, gives us that definite feeling of mortality. Knowing that we are not far behind.
    At Christmas I was speaking with the husband of one of my cousins. Although he is not yet 60, he is the eldest surviving member of his family, as both his parents and his older brother have already died. He told me that he tries not to think about it too much, but recently it occurred to him "when your parents are still alive it seems like there's a buffer, but after they're gone, there's nothing between you and death".

The loss of the generation you looked up to as kids and young adults can hit in a similar fashion, I think.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

MedozK said:

hedonist said:

At Christmas I was speaking with the husband of one of my cousins. Although he is not yet 60, he is the eldest surviving member of his family, as both his parents and his older brother have already died. He told me that he tries not to think about it too much, but recently it occurred to him "when your parents are still alive it seems like there's a buffer, but after they're gone, there's nothing between you and death".

The loss of the generation you looked up to as kids and young adults can hit in a similar fashion, I think.
    Having just turned 40 and with both my parents passed, that is definitely true.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I can't stop crying. Struggling to hold back the tears.
    This has really hit me like no celebrity death.

Robin Williams hit me the hardest.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Can't believe I forgot one of my favorite movies.

"I remained celibate for you!" :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt4f2H3GDs
  • Options

Stop it! It's not just the fact that they're celebrities. It's the fact that many of them were such huge generational inspirations. No, it's not empty and elitist to be sad because in 1 year we lost so many geniuses. Prince, Bowie, Fisher, Cohen, and the many others that were instrumental in so many people's lives. Plus, almost all of them were unexpected. Why can't we mourn and be upset? Obviously, the year is irrrelevant. It's still sad.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place