Options

Russia's Influence On The American Election

Comments

• Options
    Obama will be announcing retaliatory actions soon. Methods won't be disclosed nor should they be. But, but, but it's all a conspiracy to protect Hillary or explain how she lost the election or something like, like,like that. We know.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I hope Obama gives Americans the right to grope Russian nationals as we see fit. Now thats what I call a transition.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Obama will be announcing retaliatory actions soon. Methods won't be disclosed nor should they be. But, but, but it's all a conspiracy to protect Hillary or explain how she lost the election or something like, like,like that. We know.

Looks like it has happened. According to Politico::
    In addition to the economic sanctions against Russian intelligence agencies, Obama said the State Department will shut two Russian compounds in Maryland and New York that are "used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes."

The agency has also declared 35 Russian intelligence operatives "persona non grata," Obama said.

The outgoing president hinted that the government may also conduct discreet responses out of the public eye.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    There's the added bonus from messing with trump's bro, Putin, is it baits trump to look like the fool he is.
  • Options

There's the added bonus from messing with trump's bro, Putin, is it baits trump to look like the fool he is.

Yup. Trump's response to this news in the Politico article was "“I think we ought to get on with our lives,” Trump told reporters late Wednesday at his Mar-a-Lago resort."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,476
    Bafoon will probably call his master and tell him don't worry come 1/20 me & you can toast our allegiance and all those nationals are welcome back !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,412
    Sanctions , expulsion of diplomats etc. handed down by Pres Obama.

Backed by Ryan. Kinda a Fuck You Donald isnt it? Looking forward to Mitch's statement on this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Trump Sick And Tired Of Mainstream Media Always Trying To Put His Words Into Some Sort Of Context From The Onion

NEW YORK—Emphasizing that the practice was just more evidence of journalists’ bias against him, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump stated Thursday that he was sick and tired of the mainstream media always attempting to place his words into some kind of context. “The corrupt news media is constantly taking the things I say and putting them within the larger context of politics and global events—it’s absolutely sickening what they do,” said Trump, adding that many of the comments he has made—including his call yesterday for Russia to hack into the emails of his presidential opponent Hillary Clinton and publish the contents—had been repeatedly and unfairly contextualized with relevant facts about the world and pertinent information about the situation in which they were stated. “It’s completely shameful to take words I’ve spoken or written and try to connect them to some kind of objective reality. I say something, and the next thing I know, a crooked reporter is telling everyone what I said along with a fact-based explanation of what its implications are and why it matters. It’s ridiculous, and it has to stop.” Trump added that he would not hesitate to ban any news organization from his campaign that continued to twist his statements by implying they held any specific meaning about or relation to the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    jeffbr said:

Trump Sick And Tired Of Mainstream Media Always Trying To Put His Words Into Some Sort Of Context From The Onion

NEW YORK—Emphasizing that the practice was just more evidence of journalists’ bias against him, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump stated Thursday that he was sick and tired of the mainstream media always attempting to place his words into some kind of context. “The corrupt news media is constantly taking the things I say and putting them within the larger context of politics and global events—it’s absolutely sickening what they do,” said Trump, adding that many of the comments he has made—including his call yesterday for Russia to hack into the emails of his presidential opponent Hillary Clinton and publish the contents—had been repeatedly and unfairly contextualized with relevant facts about the world and pertinent information about the situation in which they were stated. “It’s completely shameful to take words I’ve spoken or written and try to connect them to some kind of objective reality. I say something, and the next thing I know, a crooked reporter is telling everyone what I said along with a fact-based explanation of what its implications are and why it matters. It’s ridiculous, and it has to stop.” Trump added that he would not hesitate to ban any news organization from his campaign that continued to twist his statements by implying they held any specific meaning about or relation to the world we inhabit.
    Haha.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has released a Joint Analysis Report (JAR) that details Russian malicious cyber activity, designated as GRIZZLY STEPPE. This activity by Russian civilian and military intelligence services (RIS) is part of an ongoing campaign of cyber-enabled operations directed at the U.S. government and private sector entities.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2016/12/29/GRIZZLY-STEPPE-Russian-Malicious-Cyber-Activity

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296.pdf

Nothing to see here.......we need to move on. SAD!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,342
    Let's hear it Trump supporters; just another set-up right? This should at least make it more difficult for Trump to play dirty rotten scoundrels with his buddy Putin in front of the public; hopefully.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,596
    Remember when Russia was the enemy?
  • Options
    Yeah where are the Trumpsters telling us that it's Clintons fault or Obamas , after 1/20 it's all Bafoon's show the GOP is thrilled with their representative !
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2016
    I just read over the thirteen pages of the FBI,DHS report, and all I can do is laugh. The language is vague, all they did was copy and paste common attacks (like spearphishing, and privilege escalation) and threw on 'RIS' to indicate a Russian attacker. There were no verifiable details, the "technical details" was a simple Yara signature that had no unique information what so ever. Then they posted a one page list of Russian Cyber Groups. That was about 3 pages total. The rest of the "report" was simple common attacks and mitigation (had 0 links to the DNC hacks, it was just general knowledge stuff). This report would never make it past anyone with any technical knowledge.

There were a couple of dates mentioned, no evidence or methods of determining the information, nothing verifiable. Not nearly enough for any pro to verify their findings.

I do believe that hacking groups compromised Podesta emails but the DNC leaks came from an insider. The report indicates that the DNC were not especially careful with their security practices. And for all anyone knows they may have even been compromised. There is very little details, but I understand that in these cases our cyber sleuths cannot be entirely transparent.

What was not addressed:
    Spear phishing attack was done with the intention of affecting the election.

Information attained by the spear phishing attack was given to Wikileaks or any one else.

Hence, there was nothing in the report to indicate that the attack was anything more then hacks of opportunity or that the information was provided to Wikileaks with the intention of disrupting the elections.

If anyone has anything more on the report I'm interested in hearing.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    It opens with a HUGE disclaimer saying what you're about to read may or may not contain facts.

Nothing in the report traces activity to Russians: it glosses over that by saying "attribution of these activities to RIS is supported by technical indicators".

Nothing in the report indicates the motivation of the hackers (which is impossible to determine based on a hack alone, but people somehow still "know" it was done to influence the election).

Basically, the truth is still true regardless of how it is ascertained and disseminated!

Correct me where I'm wrong
    Russians hacked DNC servers and took some emails (some evidence in the pdf released)

Russians gave the emails to Wikileaks (NO evidence. Wikileaks denied this)

Wikileaks released the emails.

Wikileaks claimed that the emails are all true and unaltered (Neither Hillary or Obama have disputed this)

Voters read those emails. They formed opinions based on the true information in those emails.

Voters went to vote. Trump won.
    (there's NO evidence of any election machines being hacked nor has anyone claimed such)
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

It opens with a HUGE disclaimer saying what you're about to read may or may not contain facts.

Nothing in the report traces activity to Russians: it glosses over that by saying "attribution of these activities to RIS is supported by technical indicators".

Nothing in the report indicates the motivation of the hackers (which is impossible to determine based on a hack alone, but people somehow still "know" it was done to influence the election).

Basically, the truth is still true regardless of how it is ascertained and disseminated!

Russians hacked DNC servers and took some emails (some evidence in the pdf released)

Wikileaks claimed that the emails are all true and unaltered (Neither Hillary or Obama have disputed this)

Voters read those emails. They formed opinions based on the true information in those emails.

(there's NO evidence of any election machines being hacked nor has anyone claimed such)

So in other words the CIA & FBI or any other intelligence agency's have no clue but you & Bafoon do ? Spin spin spin so who are you blaming for hacks Clinton or Obama ...remember after 1/20 who will be running the country !
  • Options

JC29856 said:

So in other words the CIA & FBI or any other intelligence agency's have no clue but you & Bafoon do ? Spin spin spin so who are you blaming for hacks Clinton or Obama ...remember after 1/20 who will be running the country !
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hearing and listening are not the same.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hearing and listening are not the same.
    Good analysis...simila to the intern that wrote and copy and pasted the report
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    this is was the goal of the IT and email security memo released about the dnc phishing scam "election hacking"

Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    I heard the Russian compounds that were closed are dens of child sex traffickers. Putin's, Putin, Putin Trump got a whole lot more going on.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    JC29856 said:
    It's staggering if this is what's being coined substantial evidence suggesting a Russian hack. As the article summarizes nicely, Tor exit nodes obfuscate an attack's point of origin, Tor exit nodes represent many of the highest volume of attacks per IP address, and the high-volume attacking IPs were responsible for the vast majority of these attacks - likely suggesting a coordinated effort (of which Russia would be far from the only group with interests in swaying public opinion, or the only group with a precedence of hacking to attain those nefarious ends) - but beyond that, Russia is a convenient scapegoat.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Thanks for that link. That was the most interesting analysis I've read on this issue. Unfortunately, the conclusions are still fuzzy, both with this analysis and with the DHS report.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    benjs said:

JC29856 said:
    It's staggering if this is what's being coined substantial evidence suggesting a Russian hack. As the article summarizes nicely, Tor exit nodes obfuscate an attack's point of origin, Tor exit nodes represent many of the highest volume of attacks per IP address, and the high-volume attacking IPs were responsible for the vast majority of these attacks - likely suggesting a coordinated effort (of which Russia would be far from the only group with interests in swaying public opinion, or the only group with a precedence of hacking to attain those nefarious ends) - but beyond that, Russia is a convenient scapegoat.
    Pfft! It's trumpworld now - facts aren't needed to prove things. Works both ways, don!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Russian influence?

What, exposing the corruption?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:
    Thanks for that link. That was the most interesting analysis I've read on this issue. Unfortunately, the conclusions are still fuzzy, both with this analysis and with the DHS report.
    Only one thing I cannot reconcile is this...it was my understanding from reading the dhs report that zero ips were traced back to Russia. I could be wrong but I remember reading it early this morning and thinking that's extremely odd that zero ips were Russian. The article linked contradicts what I thought was reported in the dhs report.

Cyber space is something that most people know little to nothing about.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by unsung on