Our poor children. Trump's EPA pick.

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

Love it

Why?
    I was referencing the meme with our friend Jeff

I do not like the pick at all, because I live in planet earth, which apparently some people on the right don't? lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Love it

Why?

I do not like the pick at all, because I live in planet earth, which apparently some people on the right don't? lol
    No shits are given for future generations.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Love it

Why?

No shits are given for future generations.
    Our being human puts us in a push-pull conflict about immediate gain vs. long term gain. Our consumer culture and economy pushes us to focus on the short term. We need leaders that are willing to highlight this conflict and discuss it. The Earth is telling us we need to adjust.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    unsung said:

Worried about kids getting screwed by epa head but nobody says anything about how they are $60k in debt the day they are born.

debt doesn't matter if there's no one alive to collect.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

LeoDi is chatting with 5 Deferment Don and Ivanka about climate change.

“The President-elect expressed his desire for a follow up meeting in January, and we look forward to continuing the conversation with the incoming administration as we work to stop the dangerous march of climate change, while putting millions of people to work at the same time,” Tamminen said.

Tamminen told the Associated Press the celebrity not only gave a presentation to Trump and his team, but also to future first daughter Ivanka Trump.

“Our conversation focused on how create millions of secure, American jobs in the construction and operation of commercial and residential clean, renewable energy generation,” said Tamminen.

How many "millions" does he propose putting back to work?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

“The President-elect expressed his desire for a follow up meeting in January, and we look forward to continuing the conversation with the incoming administration as we work to stop the dangerous march of climate change, while putting millions of people to work at the same time,” Tamminen said.

Tamminen told the Associated Press the celebrity not only gave a presentation to Trump and his team, but also to future first daughter Ivanka Trump.

“Our conversation focused on how create millions of secure, American jobs in the construction and operation of commercial and residential clean, renewable energy generation,” said Tamminen.

Not sure, fairly certain Leo was working on Ivanka thou, ground work for future reference!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

JC29856 said:

celebrities to the rescue!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

celebrities to the rescue!
    Leo brings it! You must admit that
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

I know that "Jeff" guy. Actually, not really but he reminds me of some of my relatives. They're big outdoors people. Hunting, fishing,hating the "big government", and think climate change is a crock of shit. Thing is they have been complaining a lot. Like how all the public land that they used to hunt is now becoming private and they can't access it. Like how the duck hunting season is crap cause the bird migrations "seem a little off". Like how the deer hunting season has been tough the last few years because there's no snow on the ground. Like how the ice fishing season has been starting later and later, and ending sooner and sooner. They can't get their $10,000 ice fishing houses out until mid-January and can only use them for a couple of weeks. Some people...
    Sounds more like just bad luck...
    No.

The winters in Minnesota, even the far northern parts where I'm orginally from are getting shorter with less and less snow cover. 20 years ago there would be a foot of snow on the ground during deer hunting (first weekend of November) and you'd freeze your ass off. The last few years I've been sitting in my stand in a tshirt. I'd also already would have had my hardside 8x8 ice house out by now. Ice is just starting to come on now. It has been like that for the last 5 or so years. May be able to get out on Christmas. As for duck hunting in these parts, you don't see the numbers you did even 5 years ago. I said to hell with it and got rid of the duck gear.

I understand that climate changes over LONG periods of time, but to deny that people and pollution are not having some impact is silly.

Umm, I was joking. But thanks for the information. Especially for people that don't ice fish. Interesting...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    If you're rich, there's nothing to worry about
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    vaggar99 said:

Higher energy prices primarily hurt the poor. We are seeing this bigly in Ontario and all across Canada. Your new EPA director will help bring these prices down.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Higher energy prices primarily hurt the poor. We are seeing this bigly in Ontario and all across Canada. Your new EPA director will help bring these prices down.
    Are American energy prices higher? And if so, by how much?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

exactly, and that's why i'm focusing my efforts on being rich.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Well you will have a better chance of improving your lot starting next month. Good luck but recognize that wealth does not come without effort. All government can do is attempt to eliminate the barriers in your way.
  • Options
    ^^i sat next to a guy at bar last night that set my mind at ease, 'Trump is gonna fix all of it'. now i can spend my day's doing what i love most, trolling AMT.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Well you will have a better chance of improving your lot starting next month. Good luck but recognize that wealth does not come without effort. All government can do is attempt to eliminate the barriers in your way.
    And which of trump's policies are such a guarantee that we'll be able to improve our lot?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited December 2016
    BS44325 said:

I love this pick but I only have an MSc degree so what do I know?

Of course a climate change denier loves this pick. In other news, water is wet and the sky is up.

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

And which of trump's policies are such a guarantee that we'll be able to improve our lot?
    I guess it depends on what gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, colour of skin and tax bracket you belong to. Some people are going to make out like bandits. Others, not so much.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

I love this pick but I only have an MSc degree so what do I know?

Of course a climate change denier loves this pick. In other news, water is wet and the sky is up.

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

I guess it depends on what gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, colour of skin and tax bracket you belong to. Some people are going to make out like bandits. Others, not so much.
    I am not a climate change denier. I am just one of those who understands what science knows and what it doesn't know. Science knows that climate changes and it knows that man makes a contribution to that change but that is all it knows. Every other claim is conjecture and every newspaper article that makes a single claim more then the above is simply printed fake news.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are no guarantees.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are no guarantees.
    I'll clarify. What policies will make us have a "better chance" to improve our lot?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are no guarantees.
    I'll clarify. What policies will make us have a "better chance" to improve our lot?
    This is an EPA thread so let's stick with energy policy at the moment. A pro-energy administration will reduce burdensome regulations on energy related businesses and those landowners who wish to unleash the wealth of their lands. This in turn will result in an increase in employment in energy related services and will lower energy prices across the country which in turn lowers the prices around the globe. Energy price is built into the cost of every good sold so a decrease in the prices of all agriculture and commercial goods will be seen as well. Lastly an increase in reliable homegrown energy will also reduce the reliance on foreign energy sources which will improve the US position when it comes to making foreign policy decisions. So, to sum up, a government that isn't at odds with the energy industry will give you a "better chance" to imorove your lot.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are no guarantees.
    This is an EPA thread so let's stick with energy policy at the moment. A pro-energy administration will reduce burdensome regulations on energy related businesses and those landowners who wish to unleash the wealth of their lands. This in turn will result in an increase in employment in energy related services and will lower energy prices across the country which in turn lowers the prices around the globe. Energy price is built into the cost of every good sold so a decrease in the prices of all agriculture and commercial goods will be seen as well. Lastly an increase in reliable homegrown energy will also reduce the reliance on foreign energy sources which will improve the US position when it comes to making foreign policy decisions. So, to sum up, a government that isn't at odds with the energy industry will give you a "better chance" to imorove your lot.
    Even if your broad assumptions were to come true, you may be overstating the economic gains. I guess after Sec of State Tillerson from Exxon takes his share, maybe it will trickle down? And would these cheaper consumables that you claim actually benefit the regular Joe? Because you also have to factor in the higher taxes low income families will be facing under trump, increased healthcare costs, and the higher price on things after his tarrif plan kicks in.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are no guarantees.
    This is self-contradictory.
    Increases in energy employment and decreases in energy prices simply do not coexist.
    The newer methods of extraction are very expensive and the fracking boom is not dead because of regulation, it is dead because of low energy prices.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/13547636

Climate Change Denial And The Rise Of Authoritarianism
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Look out energy dept!

Trump team memo on climate change alarms Energy Department staff

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/10/trump-team-memo-on-climate-change-alarms-energy-department-staff.html
  • Options
    Free said:

We are in the period of authoritarianism now when it comes to dissension from the religious orthodoxy of current climate science. For those who are interested in broadening their scientific knowledge beyond what the non-scientifically educated media currently reports one could start here:

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2013/04/climatologists_are_no_einstein.html

Or here

https://youtu.be/Pou3sGedeK4
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    dignin said:

:lol:
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

We are in the period of authoritarianism now when it comes to dissension from the religious orthodoxy of current climate science. For those who are interested in broadening their scientific knowledge beyond what the non-scientifically educated media currently reports one could start here:

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2013/04/climatologists_are_no_einstein.html

Or here

https://youtu.be/Pou3sGedeK4
    A fucking blog? Really? Holy shit! To explain climate science. And you have a what kind of degree and are a self proclaimed professor? Wow, just wow.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©