Options

Our poor children. Trump's EPA pick.

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    maybe but the EPA is powerless anyway and has been for years.
    the best and brightest go work for the corps not the epa. no budget plus when push comes to shove they move out of the way.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

Temperatures near the North Pole are an unheard of 36°F (20°C) warmer than average right now, researchers have reported.

The Arctic is currently in the midst of polar night, where the Sun hardly ever rises. Usually, it’s the time when things get really cold and vast, thick ice sheets form for the winter.

But this year, temperatures are much warmer than usual – while the weather stations around the North Pole record the biggest difference, even in parts of Arctic Russia, temperatures are up to 12.6°F (7°C) warmer.

"We are used to measuring temperature records in fractions of a degree, and so this is different."

"So far the lowest daily high temperature this season is 22°F [–5.6°C], which shows a remarkable absence of cold," he writes.

"The most similar year in the past was 1998, when the coldest day through mid-November had a high temperature of 15°F [–9.5°C]."

http://www.scienceal...ld-be-right-now

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Seriously though, who gives a shit about the planet? lol

Slaves to the bottom line
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    If you want to talk about our poor children, look no further than trumps pick for education.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/11/27/5-things-know-about-billionaire-betsy-devos-trump-education-choice

5 Things to Know about Billionaire Betsy DeVos, Trump Education Choice
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    But yeah, our kids are generally screwed, no doubt.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    my2hands said:

Seriously though, who gives a shit about the planet? lol

Slaves to the bottom line

That's it. Money now is more important than a future for humanity. Disgusting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,936
    Climate change will be a hoax devised by the Chinese right up until it isn't and then it will be Obama's fault.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JimmyV said:

Climate change will be a hoax devised by the Chinese right up until it isn't and then it will be Obama's fault.

haha
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    JimmyV said:

sad, but true.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Free said:

800,000 per year!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    But hey America needs a Bafoon in charge the country needs to be great again ! Who cares if we breathe a bit more pollution or if Polar bears don't have a habitat anymore & screw our kids I had my fun with the planet !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

We are so fucked.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    The pick for the Labor Department is a real gem as well...
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    g under p said:

Temperatures near the North Pole are an unheard of 36°F (20°C) warmer than average right now, researchers have reported.

The Arctic is currently in the midst of polar night, where the Sun hardly ever rises. Usually, it’s the time when things get really cold and vast, thick ice sheets form for the winter.

But this year, temperatures are much warmer than usual – while the weather stations around the North Pole record the biggest difference, even in parts of Arctic Russia, temperatures are up to 12.6°F (7°C) warmer.

"We are used to measuring temperature records in fractions of a degree, and so this is different."

"So far the lowest daily high temperature this season is 22°F [–5.6°C], which shows a remarkable absence of cold," he writes.

"The most similar year in the past was 1998, when the coldest day through mid-November had a high temperature of 15°F [–9.5°C]."

Peace

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-north-pole-is-36-degrees-hotter-than-it-should-be-right-now

I think that link will work now.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

But hey America needs a Bafoon in charge the country needs to be great again ! Who cares if we breathe a bit more pollution or if Polar bears don't have a habitat anymore & screw our kids I had my fun with the planet !

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,779
    g under p said:

Peace

So this article that you posted today is at least a week or two old if we are being generous. While I agree that we are fucked and our polar regions are warming faster please post accurate data so the creationists climate deniers have less ammunition.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Love it
  • Options
    Free said:

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    my2hands said:

Love it

Why?
  • Options

I know that "Jeff" guy. Actually, not really but he reminds me of some of my relatives. They're big outdoors people. Hunting, fishing,hating the "big government", and think climate change is a crock of shit. Thing is they have been complaining a lot. Like how all the public land that they used to hunt is now becoming private and they can't access it. Like how the duck hunting season is crap cause the bird migrations "seem a little off". Like how the deer hunting season has been tough the last few years because there's no snow on the ground. Like how the ice fishing season has been starting later and later, and ending sooner and sooner. They can't get their $10,000 ice fishing houses out until mid-January and can only use them for a couple of weeks. Some people...
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    LeoDi is chatting with 5 Deferment Don and Ivanka about climate change.

“The President-elect expressed his desire for a follow up meeting in January, and we look forward to continuing the conversation with the incoming administration as we work to stop the dangerous march of climate change, while putting millions of people to work at the same time,” Tamminen said.

Tamminen told the Associated Press the celebrity not only gave a presentation to Trump and his team, but also to future first daughter Ivanka Trump.

“Our conversation focused on how create millions of secure, American jobs in the construction and operation of commercial and residential clean, renewable energy generation,” said Tamminen.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I love this pick but I only have an MSc degree so what do I know?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    what part of 'great' does everyone not understand?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

I know that "Jeff" guy. Actually, not really but he reminds me of some of my relatives. They're big outdoors people. Hunting, fishing,hating the "big government", and think climate change is a crock of shit. Thing is they have been complaining a lot. Like how all the public land that they used to hunt is now becoming private and they can't access it. Like how the duck hunting season is crap cause the bird migrations "seem a little off". Like how the deer hunting season has been tough the last few years because there's no snow on the ground. Like how the ice fishing season has been starting later and later, and ending sooner and sooner. They can't get their $10,000 ice fishing houses out until mid-January and can only use them for a couple of weeks. Some people...
    Sounds more like just bad luck...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Sounds more like just bad luck...
    No.

The winters in Minnesota, even the far northern parts where I'm orginally from are getting shorter with less and less snow cover. 20 years ago there would be a foot of snow on the ground during deer hunting (first weekend of November) and you'd freeze your ass off. The last few years I've been sitting in my stand in a tshirt. I'd also already would have had my hardside 8x8 ice house out by now. Ice is just starting to come on now. It has been like that for the last 5 or so years. May be able to get out on Christmas. As for duck hunting in these parts, you don't see the numbers you did even 5 years ago. I said to hell with it and got rid of the duck gear.

I understand that climate changes over LONG periods of time, but to deny that people and pollution are not having some impact is silly.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Worried about kids getting screwed by epa head but nobody says anything about how they are $60k in debt the day they are born.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    BS44325 said:

I love this pick but I only have an MSc degree so what do I know?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C58gCPvg6Jo
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    unsung said:

Worried about kids getting screwed by epa head but nobody says anything about how they are $60k in debt the day they are born.

The deficit gets referenced all the time. I'm not sure what you're paying attention to.