Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Kellyanne Conway: "We in the Trump presidency do not want foreign governments interfering in our elections. That's very clear. We don't want intelligence interfering in our politics. But we also certainly do not want what we have now, which is politics interfering in our intelligence."

https://youtu.be/QmiG0JaiF9U

And the Trump campaign's complete and total rejection of the possibility that this might have happened isn't politics interfering in our intelligence?
    What ever happened to these politics possibilities:
    Might...be might be a sexist racist misogynist
    Might...he might have sexually harassed women
    Might...he might have cheated in Wisconsin Pennsylvania Michigan
    You'll get no argument from that Hillary Clinton didn't run a misguided and cynical campaign, but that is a deflection. Trump himself claimed the election was rigged numerous times. Now that it has worked out in his favor he summarily rejects the possibility. Again...how is that not politics interfering in our intelligence?
    I think the Detroit rigging is still being investigated. Are you saying ballots on Detroit were not submitted and resubmitted 2 3 4 and 5 times? Or the action doesn't constitute rigging?

I think his campaign made it clear that the suspicion of rigging was centered on illegals voting.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Whether right wrong or indifferent this was the reported findings of illegals voting his campaign kept spouting.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Kellyanne Conway: "We in the Trump presidency do not want foreign governments interfering in our elections. That's very clear. We don't want intelligence interfering in our politics. But we also certainly do not want what we have now, which is politics interfering in our intelligence."

And the Trump campaign's complete and total rejection of the possibility that this might have happened isn't politics interfering in our intelligence?
    You'll get no argument from that Hillary Clinton didn't run a misguided and cynical campaign, but that is a deflection. Trump himself claimed the election was rigged numerous times. Now that it has worked out in his favor he summarily rejects the possibility. Again...how is that not politics interfering in our intelligence?
    To rig or not to rig?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

Voting machines in more than one-third of all Detroit precincts registered more votes than they should have during last month’s presidential election, according to Wayne County records prepared at the request of The Detroit News.

Detailed reports from the office of Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett show optical scanners at 248 of the city’s 662 precincts, or 37 percent, tabulated more ballots than the number of voters tallied by workers in the poll books. Voting irregularities in Detroit have spurred plans for an audit by Michigan Secretary of State Ruth Johnson’s office, Elections Director Chris Thomas said Monday.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    I also think he was referring to the superdelegates and how the race between Bernie and Hilary would have been much closer, the fact the DNC tried to push Hilary and helped her in more ways than they supported Bernie. The media giving Hilary debate questions ahead of time, "staging" interviews that weren't real. I think all that was lumped into the rigged system, and not necessarily that voter fraud was the only aspect of a rigged election.
    If I was Bernie or a Bernie supporter I would be pissed at some of those actions.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I also think he was referring to the superdelegates and how the race between Bernie and Hilary would have been much closer, the fact the DNC tried to push Hilary and helped her in more ways than they supported Bernie. The media giving Hilary debate questions ahead of time, "staging" interviews that weren't real. I think all that was lumped into the rigged system, and not necessarily that voter fraud was the only aspect of a rigged election.
    If I was Bernie or a Bernie supporter I would be pissed at some of those actions.

Intelligent points!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    Again, Trump gleefully pointed to Super delegates and illegal immigrants voting as evidence of election rigging. Both notions were politically beneficial to him and his campaign. Potential Russian involvement in our election is not and is therefore summarily rejected by Trump. The hypocrisy is hard to ignore.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

Again, Trump gleefully pointed to Super delegates and illegal immigrants voting as evidence of election rigging. Both notions were politically beneficial to him and his campaign. Potential Russian involvement in our election is not and is therefore summarily rejected by Trump. The hypocrisy is hard to ignore.

Foreign influence is a problem, I would agree. But I think there is a big difference between players within the system trying to manipulate it with superdelegates, rigged debates and interviews, staging demostrations etc, and a foreign influence releasing information that can sway a voter.
    I would worry about fixing the problems within the system before I worry about someone else releasing emails.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Your first two points were resolved a long time ago so no 'might' is needed.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

Foreign influence is a problem, I would agree. But I think there is a big difference between players within the system trying to manipulate it with superdelegates, rigged debates and interviews, staging demostrations etc, and a foreign influence releasing information that can sway a voter.
    Sure, but I'm not even arguing what's worse or what happened or what didn't happen. Trump was completely willing to push claims of fraud when he believed it would help his cause. Now he is completely disregarding intelligence reports that say something he doesn't like.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

Sure, but I'm not even arguing what's worse or what happened or what didn't happen. Trump was completely willing to push claims of fraud when he believed it would help his cause. Now he is completely disregarding intelligence reports that say something he doesn't like.
    CIA only agency pushing Russia Russia Russia narrative.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

CIA only agency pushing Russia Russia Russia narrative.
    And Trump and the WikiLeaks crowd are ignoring them because it isn't convenient convenient convenient.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JC29856 said:
    Kanye could support Jill Stein for all I care. He's still a fish stick and hobbit loving douchebag.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

And it was the other way around with the DNC thought they had the election, claiming voter fraud doesn't exist. Now they lost, and immediately filed claims for a recount.
    Both sides had a complete flip.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

And it was the other way around with the DNC thought they had the election, claiming voter fraud doesn't exist. Now they lost, and immediately filed claims for a recount.
    But the CIA isn't the DNC and Trump is going to be President of the United States. The next POTUS is dismissing the CIA because what they are saying doesn't help his cause. That should be cause for concern for both sides.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

I think the Detroit rigging is still being investigated. Are you saying ballots on Detroit were not submitted and resubmitted 2 3 4 and 5 times? Or the action doesn't constitute rigging?

I think his campaign made it clear that the suspicion of rigging was centered on illegals voting.
    You're deflecting again. If there was a problem in Detroit it needs to be investigated. If there is evidence Russians hacked the election process it needs to be investigated. These are no brainers regardless of political party.

I watched some of Trump's rigged speeches. Illegals were the rigged problem? No. He said the whole system was rigged and that he wouldn't accept the result.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

You're deflecting again. If there was a problem in Detroit it needs to be investigated. If there is evidence Russians hacked the election process it needs to be investigated. These are no brainers regardless of political party.

I watched some of Trump's rigged speeches. Illegals were the rigged problem? No. He said the whole system was rigged and that he wouldn't accept the result.
    Yes sir.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

But the CIA isn't the DNC and Trump is going to be President of the United States. The next POTUS is dismissing the CIA because what they are saying doesn't help his cause. That should be cause for concern for both sides.
    He shouldn't be dismissing it. I'm just pointing out that for all the flack he is taking for this, is mostly coming from the same people who laughed at him for the same views when the shoe was on the other foot. So I can hardly blame him for simply repeating the same behavior that was shown him.
    And no, the CIA is not the DNC, but the DNC is an internal force along with other high profile figures influencing the election, which in my opinion, is a bigger issue than where these accusations started.
    They started with complaining wikileaks was Russia and they should not influence voters. Now if it can be proven they hacked into the polls and literally added votes, then yes that is a lot bigger, but that seems to be a newer theory, and from what I can tell has zero evidence behind it other than "How else can we explain how Trump won?"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

Funny how that works, should tell you everything you need to know about our "democratically" elected leaders and their appointees!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

He shouldn't be dismissing it. I'm just pointing out that for all the flack he is taking for this, is mostly coming from the same people who laughed at him for the same views when the shoe was on the other foot. So I can hardly blame him for simply repeating the same behavior that was shown him.
    And no, the CIA is not the DNC, but the DNC is an internal force along with other high profile figures influencing the election, which in my opinion, is a bigger issue than where these accusations started.
    They started with complaining wikileaks was Russia and they should not influence voters. Now if it can be proven they hacked into the polls and literally added votes, then yes that is a lot bigger, but that seems to be a newer theory, and from what I can tell has zero evidence behind it other than "How else can we explain how Trump won?"
    I'm not defending the Democrats. Their conduct at times in this election cycle was embarrassing. I didn't vote for their candidate and I have no regrets because she didn't deserve my vote. BUT...Trump is going to be President. He needs to act that way. To simply repeat behavior because he believes it was done to him is beneath the office he sought out and won.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

I'm not defending the Democrats. Their conduct at times in this election cycle was embarrassing. I didn't vote for their candidate and I have no regrets because she didn't deserve my vote. BUT...Trump is going to be President. He needs to act that way. To simply repeat behavior because he believes it was done to him is beneath the office he sought out and won.
    I agree, except there isn't evidence of any hacking. So until there is, he should dismiss it. If anyone has seen evidence I would like to see a link to it, because I haven't seen any. At this point, what should he do when there is no evidence of it?
  • Options
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/after-talking-with-trump-bill-gates-likens-president-elect-to-jfk.html

Bill Gates says trump could be like JFK. I'm thinking the only similarity excluding their Russia Russia Russia connections is that Trump could be HEADED for the same fate.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    Who did what in the past is less relevant than the fact that Russia wanted trump to be president and also that trump is rejecting intelligence reports. This isn't good. Since he thinks he makes such great decisions without information, he's going to go into shit blindly. Global instability here we come!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JC29856 said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/after-talking-with-trump-bill-gates-likens-president-elect-to-jfk.html

Bill Gates says trump could be like JFK. I'm thinking the only similarity excluding their Russia Russia Russia connections is that Trump could be HEADED for the same fate.

So glad he got killed in the South Park movie now.

"Fucking Windows 98!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

Intelligent points!
    What? You guys are acting like he had clear ideas in his head when he was ranting about a rigged election. As though he was being logical and speaking about informed points at the time. I'm sure we all understand that that isn't the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

I agree, except there isn't evidence of any hacking. So until there is, he should dismiss it. If anyone has seen evidence I would like to see a link to it, because I haven't seen any. At this point, what should he do when there is no evidence of it?
    No one has given us a classified intelligence briefing, either. We don't know what evidence does or does not exist. Donald Trump was super eager to believe all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories, none of which were signed off on by the CIA, right up until the moment those conspiracy theories stopped benefiting him.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

No one has given us a classified intelligence briefing, either. We don't know what evidence does or does not exist. Donald Trump was super eager to believe all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories, none of which were signed off on by the CIA, right up until the moment those conspiracy theories stopped benefiting him.
    What crazy conspiracy theories??
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

mace1229 said:

JimmyV said:

What crazy conspiracy theories??
    Are you serious? How about Birtherism?

This discussion has been closed.