Options

Should there be recounts in MI, PA and WI?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    unsung said:

^^^
    Unconstitutional - oh boy.
    That is why the American election process is a disaster, (a huuuge one),
    but seriously
    Kick and scream yourself to the ballot w/ words and let people decide if you're in the right.
    People who don't vote have no right at all to complain.

Nope, sorry you are wrong.

The USA is not a democracy, I' m not sure how many times it needs to be said before it sinks in
    Fewer times than you've said it, surely.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JimmyV said:

I still think many Democrats need to grieve and come to terms with what happened before they can move forward. This recount should help. Provide some closure I guess. I hope. Because, yes, Democrats do need to move on and move forward. Hopefully lessons will be learned and in 2020 we will see a better process than we did in 2016.

Yes, absolutely.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Clinton Partisans Pushing for Recount Still Ignore Rigged Primaries

Democrats need to focus on moving forward—rather than pouring resources into political theater

http://observer.com/2016/11/clinton-partisans-pushing-for-recount-still-ignore-rigged-primaries/

Hahaha so focus on moving forward on Clinton's loss....but don't you dare let go of your sour grapes from the primary.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

^^^
    but seriously
    Kick and scream yourself to the ballot w/ words and let people decide if you're in the right.

The USA is not a democracy, I' m not sure how many times it needs to be said before it sinks in
    You say it over and over and it is false every time.
    Democracies take many forms and a Constitutional Republic is absolutely a form of democracy, that is just a fact.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Clinton Partisans Pushing for Recount Still Ignore Rigged Primaries

Democrats need to focus on moving forward—rather than pouring resources into political theater

http://observer.com/2016/11/clinton-partisans-pushing-for-recount-still-ignore-rigged-primaries/

Hahaha so focus on moving forward on Clinton's loss....but don't you dare let go of your sour grapes from the primary.
    Funny how you think calling out the party for what they did is sour grapes, yet the Dems can't help but have sour grapes over losing to Trump.

Oh the irony!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

^^^
    but seriously

Democracies take many forms and a Constitutional Republic is absolutely a form of democracy, that is just a fact.
    I couldn't help but think about a ridiculous ongoing family argument... Is a french fry a potato? My argument is always that if someone asked if I wanted potatoes, and threw french fries on my plate, it wouldn't be what I ordered, and I wouldn't be happy. Not sure if this has any relevance but maybe someone else will get a chuckle out of this.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Is this correct?

PA recount deadline passed, so a suit was filed where proof of fraud or irregularities is needed.
    Wisc Sec of State has refused hand recount request saying "zero proof" of irregularities.
    Mich was finally credited to Trump and the recount is likely to move forward.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    benjs said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

^^^
    but seriously

I couldn't help but think about a ridiculous ongoing family argument... Is a french fry a potato? My argument is always that if someone asked if I wanted potatoes, and threw french fries on my plate, it wouldn't be what I ordered, and I wouldn't be happy. Not sure if this has any relevance but maybe someone else will get a chuckle out of this.
    Excellent!
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Yes
    Wisconsin raised the filing fee from 1.1 million to 3.5 million. The effort now needs about another 2.5 million to offset the unexpected cost. please help if you can.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,846
    why? it's going to make zero difference.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    vaggar99 said:

Wisconsin raised the filing fee from 1.1 million to 3.5 million. The effort now needs about another 2.5 million to offset the unexpected cost. please help if you can.

Yeah, I'm not in the habit of flushing my money down the toilet. Thanks for the offer though.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Hillary Clinton will never be on another ballot. Her campaign has no money left in its coffers?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

And who in the dogbreakfast of an American election process has the power to raise the filing fee, repubs or dems?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

why? it's going to make zero difference.

Word for word what I was going to post.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    JimmyV said:

Hillary Clinton will never be on another ballot. Her campaign has no money left in its coffers?

They already missed one deadline to file by, and these aren't differences of a few hundred votes, these are tens of thousands.

Stein played the public for fools, all she really wanted was funding for the Green Party. She did that.
  • Options
    unsung said:

JimmyV said:

They already missed one deadline to file by, and these aren't differences of a few hundred votes, these are tens of thousands.

Stein played the public for fools, all she really wanted was funding for the Green Party. She did that.
    Yep. And even if every penny she raises here gets spent on the recount, she has still built a brand new fundraising list built almost entirely of Democrats.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,846
    JimmyV said:

unsung said:

JimmyV said:

Yep. And even if every penny she raises here gets spent on the recount, she has still built a brand new fundraising list built almost entirely of Democrats.
    didn't Stein's own party denounce her involvement in the recounts?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JimmyV said:

unsung said:

JimmyV said:

didn't Stein's own party denounce her involvement in the recounts?
    I read that here this morning. I don't know for sure if they did and I don't understand why they would.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I found it odd that prior to the election she said Clinton would start WWIII.

Now the results are in and she wanted a recount. Yep, fundraising. I wonder if that was the plan the entire time, raise funds for any recount. Or am I giving her too much credit?

• Options
    If there is nothing to this (and I don't think there is) then why are Trump's people going to court to stop it?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    Yes
    JimmyV said:

If there is nothing to this (and I don't think there is) then why are Trump's people going to court to stop it?

yes. what might a recount expose?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

I think they must be worried about something. Why else would they fight it? Kind of suggests that maybe there is something to it after all.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

To shut the whiny litigious people up.
    Two can play the game as you are well aware as to why President-elect Trump won.
  • Options
    I wonder if those Michigan residents that see leaded brown water pour from their faucets are in favor of a $2M election recount? Could the money be better spent on clean water.

In other news the Wisconsin recount update
    http://wbay.com/2016/12/02/recount-results-day-2/
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    I'm starting to think you have more than a hat rack on your shoulders JC.
    While the radlibs/Hillary supporters are befuddled with poll numbers real work is getting done.
    Good article.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    edited December 2016
    JC29856 said:

I wonder if those Michigan residents that see leaded brown water pour from their faucets are in favor of a $2M election recount? Could the money be better spent on clean water.

Money can always be spent on something else. In this case, the money being spent on a possible recount was never going to be spent on clean water..
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Money can always be spent on something else. In this case, the money being spent on a possible recount was never going to be spent on clean water..
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^
    Radlibs/liberals are always slow.
    You have to tell them things before it happens.