Options

Should there be recounts in MI, PA and WI?

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Yes
    ^^^you will have to join the alt-left before i can disclose any more info. how you find us is up to you
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845

^^^
    Yes the clintonites do have a lot to do w/ it.
    They sit back and let others do the work that may get them in power.
    Stein is supported by the defeated not her voters.

You have zero clue. Again.

Trump: it's rigged (if I lose)
    Trump: I won (so it's not rigged)
    Trump: don't recount! It's rigged! Millions of illegals voted! All for Hillary! (Wait, is it only rigged if I lose, or....hmmmmm......carry the one.....RIGGED!!!)

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Yes
    ^^^if i remember correctly from history class, theres something called doublespeak. will be researching more
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Simple fix.

1. Go to entire system using paper ballots where you have to fill in the circle with supplied black pen.

2. Require ID

This takes care of computer hacking or programming issues. No excuses for foreign involvement. The ID issue insures no fraud, no illegal aliens could vote. States could issue a State ID at no cost, or low cost say $5 for those on government dependency, just reduce the ebt transactions to compensate.

If you are someone that can't fill in the circle due to a physical ailment then you can request assistance from a family member but a polling witness would be required to represent each party on the ballot.

If you mentally can't fill in a circle then you don't have the mental capacity to make a decision in the first place.

Then all the crying about vote fraud pretty much goes away.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

Simple fix.

1. Go to entire system using paper ballots where you have to fill in the circle with supplied black pen.

2. Require ID

This takes care of computer hacking or programming issues. No excuses for foreign involvement. The ID issue insures no fraud, no illegal aliens could vote. States could issue a State ID at no cost, or low cost say $5 for those on government dependency, just reduce the ebt transactions to compensate.

If you are someone that can't fill in the circle due to a physical ailment then you can request assistance from a family member but a polling witness would be required to represent each party on the ballot.

If you mentally can't fill in a circle then you don't have the mental capacity to make a decision in the first place.

Also, make voting a National Holiday.

And make it so you can receive your required ID for free on Election Day.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

A quick review of history would show up that people have been crying about voter fraud since long before computerized voting systems came into play. There is always a way to game the system, so the issue becomes which risks we accept and which counter measures we choose. As usual, it largely comes down to money.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    It's almost like one candidate screaming the election was rigged beforehand and the other candidate blaming her piss poor campaign on Russian boogiemen had an undermining effect on our electoral process.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    Yes
    unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

yeah but humans are still involved in the process so its fucked regardless.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

A quick review of history would show up that people have been crying about voter fraud since long before computerized voting systems came into play. There is always a way to game the system, so the issue becomes which risks we accept and which counter measures we choose. As usual, it largely comes down to money.
    Elimination of computer ballots is a large piece of the solution.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

Most companies allow time off to vote. I don't want a Hol(y)day to participate in government.
  • Options
    Do feel Americans would treat a voting day holiday as just another excuse for a long weekend. Increased early voting as we saw this cycle is a step in the right direction. Give people more opportunity to vote.

• Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

Most companies allow time off to vote. I don't want a Hol(y)day to participate in government.
    in canada it's law that businesses allow at least 3 hours off to go vote.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

in canada it's law that businesses allow at least 3 hours off to go vote.
    Honestly when I did participate it was never an issue with any company that I worked for, but I'm not sure if it is law. Like JimmyV said early voting and also extended hours usually accomodate most schedules. I don't want another day off to participate in something that I no longer participate in.
  • Options
    I agree that making it a national holiday would just lead to abuses. at least with businesses letting people go vote during business hours helps. although I'm not sure how many hospitality businesses and others like it would be able to or would accomodate that.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Election Day is not a federal holiday but I'm pretty sure it's a state holiday in some states.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

Isn't the idea to make voting accessible as possible for citizens?

How about mandatory early voting in every state up until election day? I was able to vote by mail or in person 45 before Election Day, no questions asked.

How would you suggest making it easier to vote? Or are you only interested in putting up obstacles to voting?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

How about mandatory early voting in every state up until election day? I was able to vote by mail or in person 45 before Election Day, no questions asked.

How would you suggest making it easier to vote? Or are you only interested in putting up obstacles to voting?
    I don't care if someone chooses to vote, so all I'd ask is they don't care that I no longer do.

I don't agree with mandatory voting. I don't participate in the system anymore because I will not validate it. That is how I see it. Maybe you are speaking of having a mandate of requiring the State to make options available to people that want to?

I think there are currently many options for casting a ballot if you want to.
  • Options
    ^^^
    I can see the positives of mandatory voting though.
    It would encourage those on the fence about wanting to get involved in politics if everyone by law had to vote.
    No longer would there be wishwashers that speak through a megaphone that does nothing.
    Having the votes equal to the sum total of citizens and showing a winner on election day is fair, equal and every citizen had a say all while being given ample opportunity to get involved.
  • Options
    Requiring someone to vote is no less unconstitutional than inhibiting their right to vote. It is a right and it is each citizen's decision whether to exercise that right or not exercise that right.

We can and should make it easy for people to vote. We cannot and should not carry them kicking and screaming to the polls.

• Options
    ^^^
    Unconstitutional - oh boy.
    That is why the American election process is a disaster, (a huuuge one),
    but seriously
    Kick and scream yourself to the ballot w/ words and let people decide if you're in the right.
    People who don't vote have no right at all to complain.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:

Requiring someone to vote is no less unconstitutional than inhibiting their right to vote. It is a right and it is each citizen's decision whether to exercise that right or not exercise that right.

We can and should make it easy for people to vote. We cannot and should not carry them kicking and screaming to the polls.

Two thumbs up.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ^^^
    The people who didn't vote are left w/ President-elect Trump.
    I wonder what would've happened if they did vote?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Clinton Partisans Pushing for Recount Still Ignore Rigged Primaries

Democrats need to focus on moving forward—rather than pouring resources into political theater

http://observer.com/2016/11/clinton-partisans-pushing-for-recount-still-ignore-rigged-primaries/
  • Options
    I still think many Democrats need to grieve and come to terms with what happened before they can move forward. This recount should help. Provide some closure I guess. I hope. Because, yes, Democrats do need to move on and move forward. Hopefully lessons will be learned and in 2020 we will see a better process than we did in 2016.

• Options
    ^^^
    2020?
    I thought popular Presidents do double terms?
  • Options

^^^
    but seriously
    Kick and scream yourself to the ballot w/ words and let people decide if you're in the right.

Nope, sorry you are wrong.

The USA is not a democracy, I' m not sure how many times it needs to be said before it sinks in
  • Options

^^^
    The people who didn't vote are left w/ President-elect Trump.
    I wonder what would've happened if they did vote?

Had I chose to vote I would have voted for him EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. over Hillary Clinton.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    unsung said:

^^^
    but seriously

Nope, sorry you are wrong.

The USA is not a democracy, I' m not sure how many times it needs to be said before it sinks in
    The election system/idea is not going away.
    You're either involved or not I get it.
    However you will never see a law making voting mandatory.
  • Options
    Nor should I.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    Yes
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Simple fix.

2. Require ID

I don't care if someone chooses to vote, so all I'd ask is they don't care that I no longer do.

I don't agree with mandatory voting. I don't participate in the system anymore because I will not validate it. That is how I see it. Maybe you are speaking of having a mandate of requiring the State to make options available to people that want to?

I think there are currently many options for casting a ballot if you want to.
    but you'll participate enough to comment on what you choose not to do yourself. got it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14