Options

Should there be recounts in MI, PA and WI?

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,770
    edited November 2016
    If it's privately funded and not on the taxpayer's dollar...go nuts.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Way to fund the Green Party.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Yes
    5.8 million. Current target is 7 million.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    They should request a recount but at the same time Trump should request a recount in Minnesota, New Hampshire and Nevada.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Recount won't change result.
  • Options
    So if the recount shows that Hillary won those three states can President-elect Trump ask for a recount of the recount?
    And if so what if the numbers show that he won?
    The American election process is completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848

So if the recount shows that Hillary won those three states can President-elect Trump ask for a recount of the recount?
    And if so what if the numbers show that he won?
    The American election process is completely ridiculous.

i'm sure there's an appeals process. but if that happens (it won't), i am guessing you will be eating your words about the "hateful and violent left/radlibs". the violence that would erupt from this would be historic.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^
    There would be some violent protests for sure but historic? hardly
    Even if there was the left/radlibs will always be hateful and violent fullstop.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848

^^^
    There would be some violent protests for sure but historic? hardly
    Even if there was the left/radlibs will always be hateful and violent fullstop.

you know, no matter how many times you say it, you know it won't make it true, right?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Trump is not a fan of the recount.

Why would he be?
    America voted he won.
    Now you have all the whiners desperately clinging to a faint hope that their nightmare is not real.
    President-elect Trump is your next ruler folks.
  • Options
    But Obama allies are dead-set against the multi-state recount effort. Former Obama White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer mocked it on Twitter:
    "The amount of Democratic energy and money being wasted on recounts instead of trying to win the Louisiana Senate Race is mind boggling," he tweeted on Thursday.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/obama-urged-clinton-to-concede-on-election-night/ar-AAkM5b2?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629

JimmyV said:

Why would he be?
    America voted he won.
    Now you have all the whiners desperately clinging to a faint hope that their nightmare is not real.
    Trump spent the last couple months telling everyone that the election was rigged. For once everyone believed what he said, and now he's mad. I just don't get this guy, nothing pleases him!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Why would he be?
    America voted he won.
    Trump spent the last couple months telling everyone that the election was rigged. For once everyone believed what he said, and now he's mad. I just don't get this guy, nothing pleases him!
    And the Clintonites kept telling us to accept the results...

See how dumb this game is?
  • Options
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Why would he be?
    America voted he won.
    And the Clintonites kept telling us to accept the results...

See how dumb this game is?
    It's not a game. Trump is complaining about this audit being stupid, but he is the one who told everyone it's rigged. That is a clear absurdity.
    The Democratic party isn't calling for or paying for this audit. The Green Party is. So I am not sure why you thought your come back about "Clintonites" was apt. Last I heard, Jill Stein couldn't stand Clinton.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^
    Stein won't become POTUS if this audit finds something amiss so essentially she does stand Clinton.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

^^^
    Stein won't become POTUS if this audit finds something amiss so essentially she does stand Clinton.

Only by default. I think Stein actually is just standing for a fair election. I don't even like Stein, but I think that is the real point. At any rate, the "Clintonites" have nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes the clintonites do have a lot to do w/ it.
    They sit back and let others do the work that may get them in power.
    Stein is supported by the defeated not her voters.
  • Options

^^^

So the Democrats have a lot to do with it because they aren't doing anything? Huh. Interesting.
  • Options
    ^^^
    It is interesting.
    It would also be interesting to hear TBs analysis.
  • Options

^^^
    It is interesting.
    It would also be interesting to hear TBs analysis.

Who is TB?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^

So the Democrats have a lot to do with it because they aren't doing anything? Huh. Interesting.
    That's the rad-neverleave logic at work
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

^^^

Correct, safe to assume since this recount has raised more than twice the money her presidential campaign raised.

I'm a Stein supportor and I really don't understand this, it's similar to Nader contesting Ohio in 2004.

Stein has already stated that all of the money raised may not go towards the recounts.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    delete
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Yes
    JimmyV said:
    poor ESP can't even handle a bunch of idiot liberals wasting money on a recount
  • Options
    Yes
    funding target of 7 million almost met. 6.1 million
    https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount#_=_
  • Options
    Is 7million an actual number needed to have in order to get a recount?
    If so does it not seem like a rule in an otherwise rigged election that President-elect Trump was talking about?
    I mean cmon, in order to challenge the election results you magically need x amount of dollars otherwise you get what you pay for right?
    Why 7mil? Why not 8? or how about accept the loss.
    People voted.
  • Options
    Yes
    once you get to 10 million, you're guaranteed victory in 2020 too
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

once you get to 10 million, you're guaranteed victory in 2020 too

Care to explain, professor?