Options

Real Discussion

For the thinkers who are willing to try to leave the anger out of this, maybe do some reading, and answer me one question...

How is any of this GOOD for our country or our world in 2017 and beyond?

Taxes
Trump’s tax policy proposes very conservative cuts for middle and lower classes (all less than 10%) to reduce revenue/debt over a 10-year period, but boasts a 10.2% rise in after tax income for the populace “overall”. This is because he boasts significantly greater gains for the top 10% (14.6%) and even more for the top 1% (21.6%). Despite this, the people who stand to gain the least from his tax policy still voted for him.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan

Climate Change
This is some of the best evidence available in climate change study all thrown into a single article. Trump and his newly appointed EPA-transition advisor are laughing in the face of the best available science and data.
http://www.businessinsider.com/irrefutable-signs-climate-change-is-real-2016-11?r=UK&IR=T/#in-2013-co2-levels-in-the-air-surpassed-400-parts-per-million-ppm-the-highest-in-human-history-5

This one is included, but is particularly disturbing. http://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/
You can argue that the temperature change overall might yet be within a normal variance, but the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere are off the charts since the mid 20th century.

He also has a similar take on vaccinations, suggesting that they cause Autism. This has also been debunked by the best available research.

Gun Control
Trump's proposals will make it quicker and easier for people to buy guns, including assault weapons that are especially deadly in mass casualty shootings. He also proposes that we lift gun-restricted zones at public places, including hospitals, libraries and schools.

http://theconversation.com/guns-in-donald-trumps-america-63987

Again - what am I missing?

Obviously, there are other issues, but if we're going to keep this conversation going, we might as well be civil and tackle them one at a time. Otherwise, what's the point?

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016
    In short, it isn't good for the country. Like yourself, I am interested in a well thought out defense from any Trump supporter. I think it says a lot about how much the real issues were considered in this election. This country is stuck on some real cult of personality crap.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    edited November 2016
    emails. that's why this guy is president.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

emails. that's why this guy is president.

It is proven a fact that Hillarys camp sabotaged and rigged the primaries. Bernie would have crushed Donald...

The emails were a reason too.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So many new faces after the election.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    not that i'm a trump supporter ...

i think what is good is that the biggest thing to come out of this election is the anti-establishment vote ... people who are tired of wall street controlling and dictating policies and agenda ... I'm not saying it's necessarily going to change with Trump but that was the message sent ... really, e-mails had very little to do with this ... anti-trade, anti-corporate welfare played a much larger role ...

this hopefully will force the democratic party to see if they really are interested in governing for the populace or just their wealthy donors ... sanders has alluded to this in recent days ...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    polaris_x said:

i think what is good is that the biggest thing to come out of this election is the anti-establishment vote ... people who are tired of wall street controlling and dictating policies and agenda ... I'm not saying it's necessarily going to change with Trump but that was the message sent ... really, e-mails had very little to do with this ... anti-trade, anti-corporate welfare played a much larger role ...

this hopefully will force the democratic party to see if they really are interested in governing for the populace or just their wealthy donors ... sanders has alluded to this in recent days ...

So the GOP is clean as a whistle..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248

polaris_x said:

Yeah, like the one you'd find hanging around the neck of a stripper. I'm sure it's fine, just go with it...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

uhhhh no ... that's not what I wrote ... I already qualified that I didn't think it would change ... only that this particular issue did not get any consideration from the DNC once Hilary was the nominee ... maybe the DNC will now realize that they've alienated a bunch of voters coat-tailing to lobbyists and wall street ...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS
    What do you think of his plans to poke the bear that is China.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

uhhhh no ... that's not what I wrote ... I already qualified that I didn't think it would change ... only that this particular issue did not get any consideration from the DNC once Hilary was the nominee ... maybe the DNC will now realize that they've alienated a bunch of voters coat-tailing to lobbyists and wall street ...
    No I hear you but you make it sound like the GOP is governing for the populace ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    JC29856 said:
    That's basically a voluntarily, self-reporting poll. They aren't valid.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:
    Valid?
  • Options
    Let's wait and see what happens. No president can satisfy everyone.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    tbergs said:

polaris_x said:

Yeah, like the one you'd find hanging around the neck of a stripper. I'm sure it's fine, just go with it...
    Woah, woah, woah there....lets pump the breaks a little.
    Bagging on Hillary, Trump, or Bernie is fine....but please do not denigrate strippers.
    They are real people, with real feelings.
    (If not all real body parts.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Interesting. Not one valid defense of any of the policies in the original post.
  • Options

Interesting. Not one valid defense of any of the policies in the original post.

I'm patient, but I don't think it's coming.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    Taxes:

According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly reduce marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to an 11 percent higher GDP over the long term provided that the tax cut could be appropriately financed.
    The plan would also lead to a 29 percent larger capital stock, 6.5 percent higher wages, and 5.3 million more full-time equivalent jobs.
    The plan would cut taxes and lead to higher after-tax incomes for taxpayers at all levels of income.

im happy with that......
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:
    Valid?
    What's your question?
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly reduce marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to an 11 percent higher GDP over the long term provided that the tax cut could be appropriately financed.
    The plan would also lead to a 29 percent larger capital stock, 6.5 percent higher wages, and 5.3 million more full-time equivalent jobs.
    The plan would cut taxes and lead to higher after-tax incomes for taxpayers at all levels of income.

im happy with that......

You forgot to bold the most important part.

"provided that the tax cut could be appropriately financed"

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

im happy with that......

Wow, you're happy you found something on the internet that confirms your previously formed belief.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

im happy with that......

Wow, you're happy you found something on the internet that confirms your previously formed belief.
    he asked me from the links above to support what those who voted for Trump liked?

who pisses in your cheerios on a daily basis? you can't seriously be this angry all the time :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

im happy with that......

C'mon let's keep it to the ideas. It seems to be sourced from the same group as the OP (edit - found it). Let's stay on point. What is Donald's plan to fund it?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

im happy with that......

C'mon let's keep it to the ideas. It seems to be sourced from the same group as the OP (I think, link would help). Let's stay on point. What is Donald's plan to fund it?
    Its going to be hard...people are going to have to get used to the government not funding everything outside of the military, social security, medicare, and medicaid

i eventually think it will get tweaked once more analyst get involved but im not a numbers cruncher nor will I try and act like one

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2016/11/10/trumps-campaign-rhetoric-may-have-been-populist-but-his-tax-plan-isnt/#33f3155c62de
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    How is America going to fund THE WALL? I'm interested in concrete answers.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

put it in the national security/military budget and build the damn thing

pay for it with Monopoly money
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

Sound economic plan.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

Well, Trump does plan to spend more money to make America's military great again. Curious to see where he pulls those funds from too. Lot's of spending, considering all those tax cuts. But he is a "successful" business man. I'm sure he can make it work.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Taxes:

im happy with that......

he asked me from the links above to support what those who voted for Trump liked?

who pisses in your cheerios on a daily basis? you can't seriously be this angry all the time :lol:
    I'm actually angry very little of the time. It's debating. What's funny is that people interpret my comments as angry.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    He's been pretty clear he intends to drive up the deficit, right? He's stated that explicitly. Easy money.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf