Options

45th President of the United States of America

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

Impeaching Trump may not be the answer. Then Pence is #1. And he'll mandate creationism be taught in every school in america. By kirk cameron.

Let's debate that when he proposes the bill. Until then it is fear mongering.
    it's not fear mongering. I don't think Trump would do it. I am saying Trump is a better choice for POTUS than that Pence freak.

"fear mongering" seems to be the phrase of the day around here. do people even know what that means?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    rssesq said:

how do u get your next building built if you don't pay your contractors? stop drinkin the Bolshevik Kool - aid kid.
    Is that from Nat silver or the NY Times?

No need for insults. You're right, he has paid for some things, but stiffed on multiple occasions.

My point was, don't paint one side as corrupt. They both built their empires on the backs of little people and used immoral practices to get there. At least I know the Clintons gave some of their money to charities and paid taxes on it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    rssesq said:

how do u get your next building built if you don't pay your contractors? stop drinkin the Bolshevik Kool - aid kid.
    Is that from Nat silver or the NY Times?

Use a different contractor?

Pay off the more important contractor and stiff the little ones?

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    Trump chief of staff...bannon. I doubt the insiders will allow it to happen.
    Giuliani and Christie are ridiculous, I hope Rudy doesn't get too important of a position.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

why hasn't this been deleted? hmmmmm is there a "rigged" system goin on here

Just couldn't handle a negro as their president. No fucking way middle racist America could deal with a woman president.

What needs to be deleted? It's accurate. If you think that trump winning didn't have anything to do with racist America having to "deal with" this nations first black president, then you need to turn your blinders off and open your eyes.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    ^^^
    This is getting out of control w/ excuses for her loss.
    So now the very nation that voted in a black POTUS and kept him there now has turned President-elect Trump?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    edited November 2016

^^^
    So now the very nation that voted in a black POTUS and kept him there now has turned President-elect Trump?

Look at voter turnout of specific groups and in certain regions.
  • Options

^^^

I'm not making excuses for hilary. Open your eyes. Who voted for Trump? I don't remember hearing the KKK support Hilary, bernie, or gary.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016

^^^

I'm not making excuses for hilary. Open your eyes. Who voted for Trump? I don't remember hearing the KKK support Hilary, bernie, or gary.
    Perhaps the KKK support was a guise meant to make Trump lose.
    Either way we will never know who those people in hoods voted for.
    And don't tell me you do.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

^^^

Perhaps the KKK support was a guise meant to make Trump lose.
    Either way we will never know who those people in hoods voted for.
    And don't tell me you do.
    I have a sneaking suspicion it probably wasn't Stein, Clinton, or Johnson.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

Sergei Markov, a pro-Kremlin political analyst, suggested some Russian involvement had helped Trump win his unlikely White House bid, reported The Guardian.
    He denied allegations of Russian interference, as American officials have claimed, but admitted “maybe we helped a bit with WikiLeaks.”

Russia Russia Russia
    Russian Official: Moscow Had Contact With Trump Team During Campaign
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Here's some options, if you really think it's gonna be that bad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-canada-2016-11/#take-advantage-of-the-customs-of-your-new-life-12

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-to-sweden-2016-2

So far, ther has been an over-reaction. Can't we wait until he actually fucks up first>LOL>Hell, this Country elected an actor(Regan) , a peanut farmer(Carter) a crook(Nixon), and we managed to survive.
  • Options
    Had this passed on to me today by my wife. I think it's pretty accurate.

I was talking to a co-worker today about the election and she was able to explain the sexism in this election in one simple way. I’d like you to go through this exercise:

Imagine Donald Trump was a woman running for president. For this exercise, I will call her Daniella Trump.

Imagine Daniella Trump lived in a gold tower in the sky (with her name on it) and did not pay taxes for 20+ years, despite being a billionaire.

Imagine Daniella Trump being best known for being a TV reality show with the tagline “You’re Fired”.

Imagine Daniella Trump claimed bankruptcy 4 times.

Imagine Daniella Trump had 5 kids by 3 different men.

Imagine Daniella Trump had never held any political office at any level, yet she was running for President of the United States.

Imagine Daniella Trump was married to a male supermodel from Italy 30 years younger than her.

Imagine Daniella Trump was on tape bragging about grabbing guys by the dick. Imagine a dozen guys came forward with similar stories and she threatened to sue them all.

Imagine Daniella Trump mocked a disabled reporter and a POW war hero/US senator.

Imagine Daniella Trump didn’t have concrete policy plans, but simply said things like “believe me”.

Imagine Daniella Trump saying she knows more than the generals.

Imagine Daniella Trump owned the Mr. Universe contest and bragged about going backstage when the contestants were naked.

Imagine Daniella Trump claiming the system was “rigged” even though Russian authorities were hacking her opponent’s emails.

Imagine Daniella Trump eating a taco bowl on Cinco De Mayo and stating “I love the Mexicans!”.

Imagine Daniella Trump going on Twitter tirades in the middle of the night against the media, former Mr. Universes (see above), and Saturday Night Live.

Imagine Daniella Trump barring certain news organizations from her rallies/events.

Imagine Daniella Trump had TERRIBLE hair.

Imagine all these things. Seriously. Would you vote for Daniella Trump or would you call her a crazy ass bitch??
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Dont think it would matter much in this case. The middle class was hooked on someone who went for the anti-status quo image. And it would be an outsider female vs a career politician female.
  • Options

Dont think it would matter much in this case. The middle class was hooked on someone who went for the anti-status quo image. And it would be an outsider female vs a career politician female.

I don't know. A woman with kids from multiple marriages and who overtly is sexual would be called a whore. Unless you believe it was solely a Hillary issue that got Trump elected and any republican would have won? That's a tough call.
  • Options

Middle class? Is that the narrative trying to be created? It was the less educated white people.
  • Options
    cutz said:

Here's some options, if you really think it's gonna be that bad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-canada-2016-11/#take-advantage-of-the-customs-of-your-new-life-12

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-to-sweden-2016-2

So far, ther has been an over-reaction. Can't we wait until he actually fucks up first>LOL>Hell, this Country elected an actor(Regan) , a peanut farmer(Carter) a crook(Nixon), and we managed to survive.

You forgot clown (W)
  • Options

Middle class? Is that the narrative trying to be created? It was the less educated white people.
    Middle class I believe are people like myself that will never be in the 1% and also have a good chance of not being homeless.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824

"Grab him by the dick" woulda cost Daniella some points. And maybe the hair thing too.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:

Had this passed on to me today by my wife. I think it's pretty accurate.

I was talking to a co-worker today about the election and she was able to explain the sexism in this election in one simple way. I’d like you to go through this exercise:

Imagine Donald Trump was a woman running for president. For this exercise, I will call her Daniella Trump.

Imagine Daniella Trump lived in a gold tower in the sky (with her name on it) and did not pay taxes for 20+ years, despite being a billionaire.

Imagine Daniella Trump being best known for being a TV reality show with the tagline “You’re Fired”.

Imagine Daniella Trump claimed bankruptcy 4 times.

Imagine Daniella Trump had 5 kids by 3 different men.

Imagine Daniella Trump had never held any political office at any level, yet she was running for President of the United States.

Imagine Daniella Trump was married to a male supermodel from Italy 30 years younger than her.

Imagine Daniella Trump was on tape bragging about grabbing guys by the dick. Imagine a dozen guys came forward with similar stories and she threatened to sue them all.

Imagine Daniella Trump mocked a disabled reporter and a POW war hero/US senator.

Imagine Daniella Trump didn’t have concrete policy plans, but simply said things like “believe me”.

Imagine Daniella Trump saying she knows more than the generals.

Imagine Daniella Trump owned the Mr. Universe contest and bragged about going backstage when the contestants were naked.

Imagine Daniella Trump claiming the system was “rigged” even though Russian authorities were hacking her opponent’s emails.

Imagine Daniella Trump eating a taco bowl on Cinco De Mayo and stating “I love the Mexicans!”.

Imagine Daniella Trump going on Twitter tirades in the middle of the night against the media, former Mr. Universes (see above), and Saturday Night Live.

Imagine Daniella Trump barring certain news organizations from her rallies/events.

Imagine Daniella Trump had TERRIBLE hair.

Imagine all these things. Seriously. Would you vote for Daniella Trump or would you call her a crazy ass bitch??

I imagined all of those things and she still sounds like a better candidate than Billary Clinton. Thank you for the perspective though. "At this point, what difference does it make" keeps going through my head as I read these threads.
  • Options
    Spirit cooked food for thought.

60% white voted Trump 2016
    90% black voted Obama 2008

Hilliary won popular vote in 2008 primaries vs Obama

Trump campaign team comprised of highest percentage of women in nominee history (both Dem and GOP) lead by first winning women campaign manager.
  • Options

Middle class I believe are people like myself that will never be in the 1% and also have a good chance of not being homeless.
    That's nice. I'm middle class too. What's your education level?
  • Options
    If people want to make a change, they should get involved and start working towards the elections in 2 & 4 years. Protesting now does nothing.

In the meanwhile, we need to rally together and support our president, just like the country had done for the last eight years, right guys?

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited November 2016

Same boat. Masters degree along with many certs in my field. I refused to vote for either candidate. I do, however, know and work with many Trump supporters. All college graduate middle class folks and none of them are racist rednecks. A lot have only voted democrat in the past. He just found a way to get that group.
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 274
    Less educated white people is quite a broad stroke that people are using as an insult. I'm not sure what this really means. I think we all know people who don't have the framed diploma but who are extremely intelligent and successful. And even those with their GED working the 7-11 counter have a driving force in our economy and ways of life. It's easy to say "white, dumb, bigots" drove this election but that's not entirely true. Once the shock wears off, I hope we will truly start listening to those on the right and what they're really saying. Otherwise, we're going to continue losing these elections because the more "bigots" and "racists" we scream without any effort to educate, the more deplorable we become.
  • Options

If people want to make a change, they should get involved and start working towards the elections in 2 & 4 years. Protesting now does nothing.

In the meanwhile, we need to rally together and support our president, just like the country had done for the last eight years, right guys?

When they go low, we go high!
  • Options

Less educated white people is quite a broad stroke that people are using as an insult. I'm not sure what this really means. I think we all know people who don't have the framed diploma but who are extremely intelligent and successful. And even those with their GED working the 7-11 counter have a driving force in our economy and ways of life. It's easy to say "white, dumb, bigots" drove this election but that's not entirely true. Once the shock wears off, I hope we will truly start listening to those on the right and what they're really saying. Otherwise, we're going to continue losing these elections because the more "bigots" and "racists" we scream without any effort to educate, the more deplorable we become.

This is dead on. The real issue is that our voter turnout rate is pathetic. That's why Clinton lost. People who chose not to vote apparently didn't see much of a difference, but those who did vote saw a major difference.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Same boat. Masters degree along with many certs in my field. I refused to vote for either candidate. I do, however, know and work with many Trump supporters. All college graduate middle class folks and none of them are racist rednecks. A lot have only voted democrat in the past. He just found a way to get that group.
    And what tends to be the consensus as to why they voted trump? What's their race and gender, as well?
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
This discussion has been closed.