Wow MSG - WAKE UP!

13»

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,328
    edited November 2016

ski-bum said:

Really guys? You people in the front are like watching a cemetery wake.

Are you sleeping? WAKE. UP.

First mistake.
    Don't trash New Yorkers for being quit.
    Being from Boston, i know this.
    I have been to three concerts in NYC this year, at all three the crowds have lacked compared to other cities seeing the same bands. New Yorkers might be loud, but it isn't at their concerts.
    Or it could be all the people who travel from all over the world to see a show at msg that are not being loud. Perhaps standing there with their arms crossed judging every decibel of noise from the "NY" crowd.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,328
    I'd actually love if NY had the same rep for lame crowds like Seattle. People would stay home and make it easier for me to get a ticket in my hometown. Instead of it being the most sought after ticket every tour from almost every band.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    edited November 2016

ski-bum said:

First mistake.
    I have been to three concerts in NYC this year, at all three the crowds have lacked compared to other cities seeing the same bands. New Yorkers might be loud, but it isn't at their concerts.
    We must not go to the same concerts.
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,980
    edited November 2016
    John McEnroe made it through the first set and then disappeared last night.
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• if there was one guy that was all over the place it was definitely MFM
    on2legs said:

John McEnroe made it through the first set and then disappeared last night.

I think he did the same during one of the MSG shows this past tour
  • ski-bum said:

First mistake.
    If you want to hear New Yorkers at their loudest, go to a Yankees game or a Knicks game... when they are getting killed. We're pretty loud at booing our own teams.
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 444
    edited November 2016

triclops said:

The op was right. I was in section 119 and the crowd was dead. Loudest cheers of the night was when Chris said Eddie's name and when they started to play times of trouble thinking it was footsteps.

Section 119 was dead, felt so lifeless. I didn't care, I had a nice view of the stage and rocked out in my own way, thank you 10c
    Agreed. I was first few rows section E, it blew my mind how dead the crowd was. 2/3rd's of the people in front of me were zombies. Then an "Eddie Eddie" chant broke out. It was a great show though, had the time of my life. Maybe I am just jaded by PJ crowds....I just wanted the crowd to be more into it. It seemed to be more of a casual/nostalgia crowd.
    Post edited by seanwon on
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • Fuck MSG. This country needs to wake up. We're about to elect a complete idiot.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,622

Fuck MSG. This country needs to wake up. We're about to elect a complete idiot.

I just came on this thread to say the same thing!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 444
    tbergs said:

Agreed, but take the politics to the AMT!
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • seanwon said:

tbergs said:

Agreed, but take the politics to the AMT!
    lol
  • Suziemay said:

ski-bum said:

First mistake.
    I'm pretty sure we were at the same PJ shows in the spring and out of the 10 I saw this year NY had the weakest crowds. I don't know if you were at the Black Sabbath show or not.
    I didn't say that the crowd was shit just not the loudest or the most energetic out of all the shows.
    I will give you that you still rate higher than a Seattle crowd.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,927
    you have to take into account the type of songs being played. Alot of the mother love bone and temple of the dog albumn have a certain vibe which may not equate to great concert songs that inject crowd participation like alot of pearljam songs offer. Jeff and stone werre just figuring things out in the MLB days. That being said I was in that crowd listening to these guys play the other night at MSG.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168

Suziemay said:

ski-bum said:

First mistake.
    I'm pretty sure we were at the same PJ shows in the spring and out of the 10 I saw this year NY had the weakest crowds. I don't know if you were at the Black Sabbath show or not.
    I didn't say that the crowd was shit just not the loudest or the most energetic out of all the shows.
    I will give you that you still rate higher than a Seattle crowd.
    We will agree to disagree :) I go to over 50 concerts a year in NYC, I wouldn't be doing it if the crowd was lame. Was not at Black Sabbath but I was very happy with the energy at the MSG shows. Not so much the setlist but that's a separate discussion :smiley:
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    nicknyr15 said:

I'd actually love if NY had the same rep for lame crowds like Seattle. People would stay home and make it easier for me to get a ticket in my hometown. Instead of it being the most sought after ticket every tour from almost every band.

Yes! NY is lame - go get tickets for Philly! :wink:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22