• Options
    Love hearing the thought process
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Great hearing from the artist. I just framed my Klausen Wrigley poster this weekend. Glad I have a chance to add another to the collection. Hopefully there will still be posters when I get there.
  • Options
    Since I had two posters, I was thinking of trying to incorporate duality in some way... unfortunately, when thinking about TOTD the main duality that hits you in the face is life and death. I mentioned that to Jeff, and he asked me if I'd seen Stranger Things (which I had just watched) and he brought up The Upside Down...which if you haven't seen the show is this alternate dimension that exists right next to ours... int he show it's evil and scary and bad things live there, but him mentioning that made me think about this idea of the other realm of life that is death.

Some may say there is nothing after life... others say there's a whole other aspect to existence after life... I liked incorporating that mystery in the designs, this idea of another realm... that even though Andy is gone, perhaps like all of us, he's just in another realm of existence. Who knows, but that's the intriguing part about the mysteries of life.

So the two posters very much deal with life and death and the possibility of other realms, or of crossing over into another plane of existence.

• Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Hearing the background makes it that much more special. Thanks, Brad!
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    your like a poet warrior Brad, lol
  • Options
    so who will be doing the west coast.........chuck sperry
  • Options
    Mcsquid said:

so who will be doing the west coast.........chuck sperry

let me take a wild guess, more rehashed pretty women
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    Awesome background info, thanks Brad
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735

didn't get the whole tour, just the east coast... luckily, that woulda killed me I think trying to make art for all the shows, the 7 for the RNDM tour was way more to handle then originally anticipated

will be sending out email announcement for sale later today, sale tomorrow morning.

the NY poster is somewhat based off Say Hello To Heaven... but both are based off Discovery Park in Seattle. When asked me if I'd do the east coast posters I asked if he had any jumping off points for art... and he mentioned the time the guys spent at Discovery Park, camp fires, where the woods meet the water

It wasn't until working on these posters and going back and watching the hunger strike video that I recognized DIscovery Park. When I first saw that video I was living in LA and had never been to Seattle. As a Seattle resident at one point I lived in Magnolia which is right near Discovery Park and I'd walk my dogs there every day at dusk to go to the bluffs and look for owls.

Watching the video again, being very familiar with Discovery Park, I recognized all the spots in the video.... at one point they are up on the bluffs in this sandy area that over looks the Sound... one of our dogs, loved sand, normally he wasn't a very playful dog, but when he was on sand, he'd open up and spaz out and have a blast. And seeing him let loose compared to his normal stoic personality, always made me super happy, so we'd go to that sandy area up on the bluffs every day so I could take him to a spot where he'd come out of his shell.

There was one day in particular where there was this amazing sunset, just insane reds and pinks and oranges and yellows, and I had a very interesting experience that day, that was highlighted by seeing 4 different owls that all seemed to be exclamation points to the experience I was having.

I had many amazing days out in Discovery Park, and think of it as a magical place, so when Jeff mentioned Discovery Park, it was easy to start coming up with ideas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked for the idea that you were going to do the Seattle shows. Now I am sad. I always miss the shows which you do posters for. :cry:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    Beautiful @bradklausen Thanks so much for the insight.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked for the idea that you were going to do the Seattle shows. Now I am sad. I always miss the shows which you do posters for. :cry:

I know!! Klausen is my fav, I'm always happy when I find out the show I'm going to has a Klausen poster. :) Bummer for Seattle.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Great work @bradklausen :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Thanks brad for the insight!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

didn't get the whole tour, just the east coast... luckily, that woulda killed me I think trying to make art for all the shows, the 7 for the RNDM tour was way more to handle then originally anticipated

will be sending out email announcement for sale later today, sale tomorrow morning.

the NY poster is somewhat based off Say Hello To Heaven... but both are based off Discovery Park in Seattle. When asked me if I'd do the east coast posters I asked if he had any jumping off points for art... and he mentioned the time the guys spent at Discovery Park, camp fires, where the woods meet the water

It wasn't until working on these posters and going back and watching the hunger strike video that I recognized DIscovery Park. When I first saw that video I was living in LA and had never been to Seattle. As a Seattle resident at one point I lived in Magnolia which is right near Discovery Park and I'd walk my dogs there every day at dusk to go to the bluffs and look for owls.

Watching the video again, being very familiar with Discovery Park, I recognized all the spots in the video.... at one point they are up on the bluffs in this sandy area that over looks the Sound... one of our dogs, loved sand, normally he wasn't a very playful dog, but when he was on sand, he'd open up and spaz out and have a blast. And seeing him let loose compared to his normal stoic personality, always made me super happy, so we'd go to that sandy area up on the bluffs every day so I could take him to a spot where he'd come out of his shell.

There was one day in particular where there was this amazing sunset, just insane reds and pinks and oranges and yellows, and I had a very interesting experience that day, that was highlighted by seeing 4 different owls that all seemed to be exclamation points to the experience I was having.

I had many amazing days out in Discovery Park, and think of it as a magical place, so when Jeff mentioned Discovery Park, it was easy to start coming up with ideas.

oh wow, thanks for clarifying, would've been awesome thou, sorry for mixing the 2 images, was trying to figure out the theme, thanks and keep the great work!

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

It is weird...is it because no Ed so far? I'm leaving work in an hour to head to the city from northern NJ.

if thats why, shame on NY.
    totd isn't pearl jam. don't ever underestimate the selling power of ed.
    the people selling their tickets here knew what they were buying from the beginning. they bought totd tickets. the band should have skipped NY and stayed down here at the tower for a couple more nights. NY comin up weak....
  • Options
    the whole city is busy throwing its weight behind that gangsta gangsta, HRC. lol
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

It is weird...is it because no Ed so far? I'm leaving work in an hour to head to the city from northern NJ.

the people selling their tickets here knew what they were buying from the beginning. they bought totd tickets. the band should have skipped NY and stayed down here at the tower for a couple more nights. NY comin up weak....
    :lol:

Philly did it right, man!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Sperry will have Cal. & my guess is Emek is doing Seattle.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

cornell did remind the crowd both nights that starting the tour in PHI wasn't an accident.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

The philly arena holds 3,000 people. MSG holds over 18,000. Of course there will be more tix available for NYC.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

Ugh, not our fault this city is a hotbed for resale! Brokers made a killing the in spring tour.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

Ugh, not our fault this city is a hotbed for resale! Brokers made a killing the in spring tour.
    im just referring to the pairs and pairs of tickets being sold on here. just an observation, i love NY.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    someone going to M.S.G. Please grab a poster I have $ to make it worth you time, send me a PM i'll send you money thru PP.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    CopperTom said:

Tubes were sold today.

Nice so I don't have to bring my own
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

The philly arena holds 3,000 people. MSG holds over 18,000. Of course there will be more tix available for NYC.

Philly was a blast. the 3k was what made it special.
    I am predicting TOTD Philly shows > New York

just like the 2016 PJ shows.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    CopperTom said:

Tubes were sold today.

Makes sense. There was absolutely no place to put tubes at the Tower.
  • Options

Since I had two posters, I was thinking of trying to incorporate duality in some way... unfortunately, when thinking about TOTD the main duality that hits you in the face is life and death. I mentioned that to Jeff, and he asked me if I'd seen Stranger Things (which I had just watched) and he brought up The Upside Down...which if you haven't seen the show is this alternate dimension that exists right next to ours... int he show it's evil and scary and bad things live there, but him mentioning that made me think about this idea of the other realm of life that is death.

Some may say there is nothing after life... others say there's a whole other aspect to existence after life... I liked incorporating that mystery in the designs, this idea of another realm... that even though Andy is gone, perhaps like all of us, he's just in another realm of existence. Who knows, but that's the intriguing part about the mysteries of life.

So the two posters very much deal with life and death and the possibility of other realms, or of crossing over into another plane of existence.

Beautiful.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Not a poster guy but for you to provide insight on this board like this is awesome to say the least!
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

RS65573 said:

Philly was a blast. the 3k was what made it special.
    I am predicting TOTD Philly shows > New York

just like the 2016 PJ shows.
    I will sadly admit this is probably true. I think the MSG magic for PJ (and related) is gone.