Options

VA Beach setlist thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,634
    Wishlist
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    maybe theyll tag it with the " whhhy, cant I touch it " .....I like that
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    maybe theyll tag it with the " whhhy, cant I touch it " .....I like that

I don't think that's done very often. They did it when they did because of the Buzzcocks as openers.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    vedder921vedder921 Posts: 8
    i love low light and faithful but i prefer when they start faster with more energy. what does everyone else think?

can't agree more
  • Options
    inmytree0991inmytree0991 Posts: 122
    insignificance
  • Options
    Looks like they're finally breaking out some more Binaural which is good. We may see Rival tonight.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,634
    keep up the good work, i'm getting distracted over here lol
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Do The Evolution
    -Reagan
  • Options
    feathers wrote:
    Actually, they're really not... quite a bit different, actually.

I prefer them over the "Light Years" lyrics.

The whole first verse practically."I've deciphered a trick or two at the bar...""Come up with riddles and jokes about war"..."I've understood numbers and what balance sheets are for"..."I've understood feelings and I've understood words"...That's not enough similarity?
    I'd say it's pretty obvious this was the 'birth' of Light years...
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Do The Evolution
    probably the end of the main set
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

yea probably.
  • Options

Hmmm, I don't think so actually. I predict Animal next THEN the closer, whatever it is.

EDIT: I don't know what I'm thinking. DTE is closer I think. ;)
    -Reagan
  • Options
    DTE according to spin guy
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    HogsrulHogsrul Posts: 36
    I predict that they will play Smile tonight
    Memphis '00/ OKC '03/ Dallas '03/ Little Rock '03/ VFC St. Louis '04/ Gorge '06 (2 nights)

Obama or McCain = No Bush YAY!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,010
    i reckon jingle bell rock from last xmas single will be in the set
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Camden will get a rockin show!!!! cant wait!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    The whole first verse practically."I've deciphered a trick or two at the bar...""Come up with riddles and jokes about war"..."I've understood numbers and what balance sheets are for"..."I've understood feelings and I've understood words"...That's not enough similarity?
    I'd say it's pretty obvious this was the 'birth' of Light years...

Granted, the first verse is the same, but after that, it's quite a bit different. I wouldn't say that most of the song's lyrics are the same. They're both good, either way.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • Options
    HogsrulHogsrul Posts: 36
    All those yesterdays
    Memphis '00/ OKC '03/ Dallas '03/ Little Rock '03/ VFC St. Louis '04/ Gorge '06 (2 nights)

Obama or McCain = No Bush YAY!
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250

RM board is reporting RVM now
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    I was right!!! :D

DTE was not the closer. Rearviewmirror.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Hogsrul wrote:
    All those yesterdays

they are saving that shit for MSG or Boston
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    RM board is reporting RVM now
    So is the Spin site. Audio is listenable.
  • Options
    feathers wrote:
    Granted, the first verse is the same, but after that, it's quite a bit different. I wouldn't say that most of the song's lyrics are the same. They're both good, either way.

It's weird. 'Puzzles and games' isn't even listed under songs...That's strange.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    It's weird. 'Puzzles and games' isn't even listed under songs...That's strange.
    They don't list all their demos, just the songs that have been played live or are on a record.
  • Options
    Yet another great show. Maybe not so many rarities so far but still very, very good.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    haha i was wrong :D

its a pretty long main set, last couple shows its been around 15/16, im too lazy to actually count the real number but ya know
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,397
    damm nice set i can't remember a better start of any tour as good as these 1st 4 shows are ......glad i'm seeing them 4 times fucking ayyyyyyyy...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    What a great set so far. Looks like All Night is becoming staple.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Hogsrul wrote:
    I predict that they will play Smile tonight
    They can save Smile for Mansfield 2!!! :)
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    love green disease for sure
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)