Options

I need an open Benny!

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    You're going to be hard pressed to find one for under a grand now. 
    Sold mine here for less than a grand less than a year ago. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,071
    bumpski!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited May 2017
    This is depressing. Hope to get one myself one day, but can't justify spending over a G on it. 
    I still think your best chance at ever owning this is to sell some of what you've got up for trade and take the proceeds PLUS the $800 you already have for it and just buy one for current market value (which I would say is around $1200 - $1300 right now? .... which is insane. It was only maybe 4 or 5 years ago when you might have been able to buy a sealed one for $800).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Chris those days are long gone...
  • Options
    I've had two different offers to buy this at $800 each but they have been too beat up for me. I am sure I will be able to find one!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I've had two different offers to buy this at $800 each but they have been too beat up for me. I am sure I will be able to find one!
    It'll happen! I've given up on my search for now. Best of luck, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Added Grateful Dead Cornell 5/8/1977 5 LP box set to the trade list
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Chris those days are long gone...
    Ah, the ebb and flow of the Benny market.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Added Grateful Dead Cornell 5/8/1977 5 LP box set to the trade list
    You received yours then? I'm still waiting for the damn thing.  That's what I eat for ordering from pledgemusic whoever the hell they are
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I did receive it last week from soundstagedirect It was 95 including free shipping

• Options
    I'm willing to spend up to $1,000 on an open one thank you
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    I'm willing to spend up to $1,000 on an open one thank you
    Atta boy! Come on Benny!!!!
  • Options
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    Another lead came in, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I did receive it last week from soundstagedirect It was 95 including free shipping

Just got mine today actually.  Hopefully you don't have to trade it and can get the benny without losing it- it's a real keeper.  My first 3 sides sound a bit muted perhaps but sides 4-9 are straight up mindbowlong.  No wonder deadheads have listed this as one of the top shows of all time and the library of congress has it in their collection.  Holy shit side 6 is a beautiful thing.

anesy bump, hope you scored your benny!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Regarding the Grateful Dead Cornell 1977 vinyl, I bought two. one to spin and one to trade and I agree it sounds amazing!
  • Options
    Got a third offer but it was for one that was not in that great of condition but I'm optimistic I'll find one in good shape
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 494
    record prices jump pretty high very quickly throughout the years. be patient, have money saved and you'll eventually find one.
    most records i get are expensive ($500+) hardcore punk records from the 80's. i have one right now i'm after but there are none to be found for sale ($1200+), i know if i'm just patient and wait it out, at some point i'll find one.

good luck! 
    (ps, my benaroya hall has been sealed in it's mailer since i got it from 10c...*shameful brag)
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    up
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    I was lucky enough to buy a sealed one on here for $900 in December of 2015.  I opened it and spin it all the time because why wouldn't you?  I did see a waffle last week for 100 spots at $28 bones a pop - I got crucified for saying what a joke the seller would get $2,800 for a Benny.  I will keep me eyes open for you OP
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    back to page 1
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2017
    Benaroya Hall vinyl is the most overrated and ridiculous thing in the entire Pearl Jam world... $1,000 for a record? Fucking laughable dude

Keep the money in your pocket, I will send you my CD for free if you really want it. It's the exact same show, same mastering, same everything... Benny wasnt mastered for vinyl.... they took the exact same digital file from the cd and pressed it to wax... you are literally paying $1,000 for a large black cd 

Seriously. Keep your money. 
    Post edited by my2hands on