Options

The Podesta Emails

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,970

JimmyV said:

I'm not a Clinton supporter. Some of the revelations in these hacked emails are outrageous...yet I find myself not exactly outraged by them. I think because in large part it just confirms what I've long believed about Hillary Clinton, that she is a deeply flawed career politician who first and foremost stands for getting elected. Whatever it takes, she will do. Whatever it takes, the people around her will do. While that does make it hard to get excited for her Presidency, it doesn't really make her unique in American politics. I would wager there are any number of politicians who would carry themselves in the exact same way if given the chance.

I have a hard time being outraged until we review ALL politicians emails.....in this case their campaign associates emails. It's not fair to just single out Hillary and no one else.

Let's see Bannon's emails from Trump's campaign and compare.
    Hillary Clinton is going to become President-Elect on November 8th and she is going to become President on January 20th. No one else. Only her. It is fair to single her out.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JimmyV said:

I'm not a Clinton supporter. Some of the revelations in these hacked emails are outrageous...yet I find myself not exactly outraged by them. I think because in large part it just confirms what I've long believed about Hillary Clinton, that she is a deeply flawed career politician who first and foremost stands for getting elected. Whatever it takes, she will do. Whatever it takes, the people around her will do. While that does make it hard to get excited for her Presidency, it doesn't really make her unique in American politics. I would wager there are any number of politicians who would carry themselves in the exact same way if given the chance.

I have a hard time being outraged until we review ALL politicians emails.....in this case their campaign associates emails. It's not fair to just single out Hillary and no one else.

Extremely weak argument.
    Hilliary is being singled out bec she is running for president in "I'm not trump" and that many believe her campaign rigged the primaries and it's been proved that the DNC was not impartial as set out in their charter.
    Your or anyone are free to hack anyone of your choosing. Wiki has a doc submittion page.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,000
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Extremely weak argument.
    Hilliary is being singled out bec she is running for president in "I'm not trump" and that many believe her campaign rigged the primaries and it's been proved that the DNC was not impartial as set out in their charter.
    Your or anyone are free to hack anyone of your choosing. Wiki has a doc submittion page.
    Yeah...Trump is running for President too. Bannon's emails being hacked would be fairly equal to Podesta's being hacked. Both hold similar positions.

I'm just saying that it isn't really fair to only consider the Clinton campaign emails when they were the obvious target of the hack. Maybe we'll see Trump's later...who knows.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

unsung said:

She has to be the most corrupt candidate to ever. It's sad that anyone would support her, sort of reinforces the belief that these people can't be negotiated with.

Don forget to add they are in complete denial...these email dumps, no matter who the candidate is are telling and unreal how many people are downplaying whats in them...just validity to a corrupt machine

So until you saw these you had no idea that people communicated behind the scenes about things that help their chances?

Do you want to buy a bridge? I've got a few for sale.
    If I may...it's not about idea it's about proof. Remember all the ideas the Bernie supporters put forth during and after the primaries? Now there is proof.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

unsung said:

She has to be the most corrupt candidate to ever. It's sad that anyone would support her, sort of reinforces the belief that these people can't be negotiated with.

Don forget to add they are in complete denial...these email dumps, no matter who the candidate is are telling and unreal how many people are downplaying whats in them...just validity to a corrupt machine

So until you saw these you had no idea that people communicated behind the scenes about things that help their chances?

If I may...it's not about idea it's about proof. Remember all the ideas the Bernie supporters put forth during and after the primaries? Now there is proof.
    Proof of politics....yes it's a dirty process

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,565

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Extremely weak argument.
    Yeah...Trump is running for President too. Bannon's emails being hacked would be fairly equal to Podesta's being hacked. Both hold similar positions.

I'm just saying that it isn't really fair to only consider the Clinton campaign emails when they were the obvious target of the hack. Maybe we'll see Trump's later...who knows.
    If you don't think the media is doing enough to dig up dirt on Trump than I understand how you acquired that bridge you tried to sell in an earlier post.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

unsung said:

Proof of politics....yes it's a dirty process
    It's time to clean up alittle or change your game.
    Signed
    "Warriors for truth"
  • Options
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6777
    Subject:
    Needy Latinos and 1 easy call.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    So the answers are on her site?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/hillary-clinton-aide-spoke-doj-120100073.html

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Extremely weak argument.

You guys are just full of excuses. One after another. You're so quick to point the finger at everyone else.... Oh Collin Powell had a server oh Bush administration deleted emails...oh it's a conspiracy... Oh you don't have proof... Oh she isn't in jail... Oh other politicians lied about things too... It goes on and on. It's pathetic to try and justify her actions because someone else did it. That's a 3rd graders mentality. Wtf is wrong with you clintonites- seriously.

Stop bringing up Trump. Take some accountability. Isn't that the right thing to do? Isn't that the lesson you would teach your kids? Accountability.... This new generation of Americans are a bunch whinners

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/hillary-clinton-aide-spoke-doj-120100073.html

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Extremely weak argument.

You guys are just full of excuses. One after another. You're so quick to point the finger at everyone else.... Oh Collin Powell had a server oh Bush administration deleted emails...oh it's a conspiracy... Oh you don't have proof... Oh she isn't in jail... Oh other politicians lied about things too... It goes on and on. It's pathetic to try and justify her actions because someone else did it. That's a 3rd graders mentality. Wtf is wrong with you clintonites- seriously.

Stop bringing up Trump. Take some accountability. Isn't that the right thing to do? Isn't that the lesson you would teach your kids? Accountability.... This new generation of Americans are a bunch whinners

Not excuses...observations.

• Options

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8961

"Apologies are like her Achilles heel. But she didn't seem like a bitch in the interview."

"But I definitely recommend having her beat up a punching bag (or a staffer but that is unpleasant) before she goes on."
    Sociopathic??

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8755

"Regardless of where we were, we may need to say a tax on Wall Street in the next debate. And if he comes at us for not supporting a Wall Street tax, I think we are gong to sound terrible opposing it, so we should support it."
    Is that a public or private position?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8009

Hillary's huge debate prep book with Q&A (click attachments)

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7446 This one is Spicy. Clinton Foundation sets up a private meeting, where Joel Benenson and John Anzalone, two CNN pollsters, "Talk through some of their polling"

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8460

It seems that they get to control the release times of Associated Press articles

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7921

In regards to the TPP:

"The timing is so annoying. Steps right on launch (of campaign). Would be a shame to have labor booing her right out of the gate "

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7628

'The statement could be read to imply we turned over the thumb drive and server to the State Department—which we didn’t'

Didn't they claim to lose it or not know where it was? This email, which came out A few days ago seems to suggest they knew where it was and knew they did not turn over

Lobbyist knew Hillary sold the VP slot to Tim Kaine over a year ago -- Tim Kaine was bragging to sleazy Washington lobbyists

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2986
  • Options
    Who asked for Hilliarys emails?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7243

On Aug 17, 2014 3:50 PM, "H wrote: Armed with proper equipment, and working with U.S. advisors, the Peshmerga can attack the ISIL with a coordinated assault supported from the air. This effort will come as a surprise to the ISIL, whos leaders believe we will always stop with targeted bombing, and weaken them both in Iraq and inside of Syria. At the same time we should return to plans to provide the FSA, or some group of moderate forces, with equipment that will allow them to deal with a weakened ISIL, and stepped up operations against the Syrian regime. This entire effort should be done with a low profile, avoiding the massive traditional military operations that are at best temporary solutions. While this military/para-military operation is moving forward, we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region. This effort will be enhanced by the stepped up commitment in the KRG. The Qataris and Saudis will be put in a position of balancing policy between their ongoing competition to dominate the Sunni world and the consequences of serious U.S. pressure. By the same token, the threat of similar, realistic U.S. operations will serve to assist moderate forces in Libya, Lebanon, and even Jordan, where insurgents are increasingly fascinated by the ISIL success in Iraq.

War on terror!!!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Who asked for Hilliarys emails?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7243

On Aug 17, 2014 3:50 PM, "H wrote: Armed with proper equipment, and working with U.S. advisors, the Peshmerga can attack the ISIL with a coordinated assault supported from the air. This effort will come as a surprise to the ISIL, whos leaders believe we will always stop with targeted bombing, and weaken them both in Iraq and inside of Syria. At the same time we should return to plans to provide the FSA, or some group of moderate forces, with equipment that will allow them to deal with a weakened ISIL, and stepped up operations against the Syrian regime. This entire effort should be done with a low profile, avoiding the massive traditional military operations that are at best temporary solutions. While this military/para-military operation is moving forward, we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region. This effort will be enhanced by the stepped up commitment in the KRG. The Qataris and Saudis will be put in a position of balancing policy between their ongoing competition to dominate the Sunni world and the consequences of serious U.S. pressure. By the same token, the threat of similar, realistic U.S. operations will serve to assist moderate forces in Libya, Lebanon, and even Jordan, where insurgents are increasingly fascinated by the ISIL success in Iraq.

War on terror!!!

Now apply this to above:
    1. Determine if it's her words or the script sent to her by a donor.
    2. If her words determine whether it comes from her personally or her publicly.
    A. If personally determine why she making the statement by researching the subject matter against her donors agenda
    B. If publicly determine if true, a lie or a "false statement".
    If publicly untrue:
    2a. Determine if an intentional lie
    2b. Determine if just a false statement
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    on this DNC rigged the primary thing... I understand the issue, but think it is blown WAY out of proportion...

#1 - I voted for Bernie
    #2 - Hillary won the national primary by 3.7 million votes and 12.1%... which is a blowout
    #3 - Hillary was the stronger, more moderate candidate, and Bernie had a flawed campaign which even his camp admitted... that is why she won
    #4 - Bernie endorsed Hillary after losing to her

so can we please stop acting like Bernie was totally cheated in this deal, that is just not the reality... he was going to lose to the stronger candidate no matter what
  • Options
    my2hands said:

on this DNC rigged the primary thing... I understand the issue, but think it is blown WAY out of proportion...

#1 - I voted for Bernie
    #2 - Hillary won the national primary by 3.7 million votes and 12.1%... which is a blowout
    #3 - Hillary was the stronger, more moderate candidate, and Bernie had a flawed campaign which even his camp admitted... that is why she won

so can we please stop acting like Bernie was totally cheated in this deal, that is just not the reality... he was going to lose to the stronger candidate no matter what

For me the issue is independent of Bernie. The DNC was going to put its finger on the scale regardless of who her main opposition turned out to be. Hillary was almost certainly going to win anyway, but the powers that be inside Party weren't going to leave anything to chance. That's the problem. It didn't swing the result in my opinion but it smells bad and it looks bad. I expect more from the Democrats.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    my2hands said:

#1 - I voted for Bernie

*Sammy Sosa HRs 609
    Chipper Jones HRs 468

*denotes that player used PEDs and corked bats

........but Sosa would have had more home runs anyway
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

my2hands said:

#1 - I voted for Bernie

*Sammy Sosa HRs 609
    Chipper Jones HRs 468

To be fair here...Sosa was caught using PEDs and corked bats. Jones wasn't. That doesn't mean necessarily that Jones was clean. Sosa wasn't an outlier. PEDs were a big part of the game when he played. Just because someone wasn't caught using doesn't mean they weren't using.

And as far as the emails go...they show what Hillary and her people were doing. That doesn't mean others aren't/weren't doing the same things. I just remain less concerned about anyone else because only she is going to be President.

• Options
    I just heard that today's batch of emails were discussed on Russian TV before Wikileaks released them....interesting

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

my2hands said:

#1 - I voted for Bernie

*Sammy Sosa HRs 609
    Chipper Jones HRs 468

To be fair here...Sosa was caught using PEDs and corked bats. Jones wasn't. That doesn't mean necessarily that Jones was clean. Sosa wasn't an outlier. PEDs were a big part of the game when he played. Just because someone wasn't caught using doesn't mean they weren't using.

And as far as the emails go...they show what Hillary and her people were doing. That doesn't mean others aren't/weren't doing the same things. I just remain less concerned about anyone else because only she is going to be President.
    Some men sexually harass women that doesn't mean all men don't sexually harass women just because they aren't caught.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

my2hands said:

#1 - I voted for Bernie

*Sammy Sosa HRs 609
    Chipper Jones HRs 468

Some men sexually harass women that doesn't mean all men don't sexually harass women just because they aren't caught.
    No, it just means that all men who sexually molest women aren't caught. That isn't the same as saying all men sexually molest women.

• Options
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7874

Univision Owner insults and trashes bernie Sanders donated 10 million to Hillary (Bernie had no chance to reach Hispanics)

If these leaks tell us anything MONEY HAS TO GET THE FU(K OUT OF POLICY!
  • Options
    Bill got a $1million birthday present from Qutar https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8396

Wonder if W got his $1M birthday gift?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Extremely weak argument.

You mean winners. ;)
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Univision Owner insults and trashes bernie Sanders donated 10 million to Hillary (Bernie had no chance to reach Hispanics)

We need to start with doing everything we can to block Clinton from the presidency.

That will require many of you clintonites to put country first.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

We need to start with doing everything we can to block Clinton from the presidency.

LOL

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,565
    my2hands said:

#1 - I voted for Bernie

What about Biden? Biden probably saw how in the tank the media and DNC were for Hillary that it would have been an extra burden to overcome. There were no legitimate opponents to Hillary because everyone knew the fix was in.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

Agreed. And the only way to get money out of politics is? (Besides Hill dropping out...)
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

Agreed. And the only way to get money out of politics is? (Besides Hill dropping out...)
    "(r)evolution, baby" ???
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

LOL
    You don't think it's "LOL" that you're defending a crook? Are you going to be the first in line when Clinton kicks off a war against Russia?

You don't think this is "LOL"?
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/12/vote-trump-tweeted-podestas-twitter-account-after-hack/91974772/
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

LOL
    You don't think it's "LOL" that you're defending a crook? Are you going to be the first in line when Clinton kicks off a war against Russia?

You don't think this is "LOL"?
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/12/vote-trump-tweeted-podestas-twitter-account-after-hack/91974772/
    I'm not defending a crook. What a stupid thing to say.

This discussion has been closed.