Options

"Boom Is Unnecessary"

13»

Comments

• Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    ballgame wrote:
    Listen to Crazy Mary from 4-25-03 Cleveland.
    Enough said!

Exactly
    I'm sure he's a sweet guy but i MUCH prefer pre-boom days
    boom brings too schmaltzy a vibe for my taste
    now if benmont tench wants to be in pj
    i'd be sooo on board for that
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    NJChris wrote:
    I think STONE posted that message.

hahaha, that's fucking classic. I think you may be right about that!

that's really funny. I'd have loved to see Stone when this was first posed to him.

"Umm, that's great Eddie that you met some old hippie who happens to play keys while surfing.....but what the hell does any of this have to do with Pearl Jam?"

John Lennon and George Harrison actually proposed in '69 that Billy Preston become an official member of The Beatles. Paul of course told them to take a hike. I wish I could have seen the look on Paul's face when they suggested this. It was probably the same look Stone gave Eddie when he said he wanted Boom to join the band.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    antholiniantholini Posts: 56
    i have to agree witht hte text message.. boom is VERY UNNECESSARY...

look at songs like Cray mary... he took an average-boring song and made it my new piss break song, and I NEVER leave a PJ show to take a piss.. no matter what song they're doing
  • Options
    MrsOakley wrote:
    What makes you think I'm white? In general, what makes you THINK?

Again, the above is just a scoundrel's sneer at any objection to an assault on common human decency. I thought that was one of the things that connected all of the Pearl Jamily, huh, what connects us all, at the very least, an affection for the band, or at least simple respect?

Note of caution: someone who has nothing better to do than to post more than 13 thousand times in five years on one message board alone probably doesn't have enough life experience to choose between one percent and non-fat milk, never mind comment on issues way above your ken. Might want to stop pushing the IPod thingies in so far...

i think you have some nerve calling out people on a message board about not having a life. obviously your life must be lacking. and yes, since i am posting in repsonse to this, i have no life. Do you think boom cares about that text? most likely not. He is an adult and he's probably past the whole sticks and stones thing by now. Plus, he's got a great gig, so any attempts by some pathetic loser to shit talk him via text just roll off him like water on a ducks ass. You don't need to get offended for people. Boom probably had a good chuckle over the loser's text.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I dont think anyone did it for attention if it was on the "text board" thing (if thats what you were talking about) Because obviously, the text was from an unknown source.

But to be honest, who ever said it was right.

Boom is an awesome guy , seems very good natured and fun as hell BUT I dont understand why he stays on stage (and appears to be playing) On songs going back to the Ten days... just doesnt make sense....

Bring boom along during the tour for Riot act songs... but he should only be on stage for THOSE songs that actually had organ in it to begin with..

Again i love boom, boom rules but you gotta know when to get out of the game sometimes..

Have you been to any shows on this tour? Boom is barely anywhere to be seen. He's almost *never* on stage.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Brian of KBrian of K Posts: 20
    This guys a douche. Boom is good and adds a lot to every song he plays during. People are such dickheads, boom goes out their every night and gives it his all and does a great job.

I'm a little pissed at the Ted Leo one. He wasn't that good, but for an opening band i thought he was all right.
    PJ Shows:
    State College 5/3/03, East Rutherford 6/1/06, MSG 6/24/08, MSG 6/25/08, Beacon Theater 7/1/08
    Ed Vedder Solo Shows:
    United Palace Theater 8/5/08, Newark 8/7/08
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    He was last night.....
    he could have stayed home... we didnt need him!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    NJChris wrote:
    I think STONE posted that message.
    :) lol
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i didnt have time to read through every page, but from what was said on the first page you'd think the text read

"I think Boom should be killed by a tomahawk to the head"

it's not THAT big of a deal, imo...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    He was last night.....
    he could have stayed home... we didnt need him!

D'oh.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    mauichick wrote:
    Exactly

boom brings too schmaltzy a vibe for my taste

Too funny!
    That is the first time I ever heard anyone call a hawaiian schmaltzy.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Have you been to any shows on this tour? Boom is barely anywhere to be seen. He's almost *never* on stage.

He was on stage during alive in Tampa.... enough said ;)
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    MrsOakley wrote:
    This board is so volatile that anyone with a life can't possibly keep up with all the discussions and what's buried inside threads, so forgive me if I'm beating a horse that has already died here, but I will have my say. I was going through I think Big Wave's photos (beautiful work) as a respite and felt my blood pressure go through the roof when I saw this text message up on the big screen.

Again, I don't know if the scumsucking lowlife who posted that is on this board and is delighting in the attention, or if this has been addressed, but I will have my say. The cruelty and stupidity of that act is the kind of thing that junior high school kids with undiagnosed and untreated mental illnesses do. I think Boom is great, but it's beyond the point who does and doesn't think so. This was a cruel insult to a musician who has brought nothing but his talent and his good nature to the table, and to all the guys in Pearl Jam -- just what kind of heartless, leather-brained idiot cannot even imagine what seeing that would do to Boom, the band and the crew? And what kind of person wouldn't care? One of those haw-haw halfwits who say "lighten up" in the face of any emotion beyond the thrill of a bowel movement? Or someone just that cold blooded, that insensitive, that destructive -- and for what? To get attention? How pathetic. Sociopaths need to seek medical attention ASAP.

Thanks for posting this ... I'm always surprised at the amount of sheer meanness some people bring to our mostly peaceful, fun loving family here, and, if this is indeed the work of biggestwave, as someone else in this thread suggested, he is the same one I sarcastically called out a few days ago for an anti Boom post he made, one where he said he walked out of the show as soon as he heard the opening notes to Crazy Mary.
    I told him I hoped he got all his favorite songs next time, but if he saw an obnoxious fuck next to him yelling BOOOOOOOOOOOOM, it will probably be me.
    I signed off by saying something like Rock on Bro, and he fired back at me that he wasn't my Bro. Well, at least he got that right!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    He was on stage during alive in Tampa.... enough said ;)

Not really enough said. I'm sure he was on stage for Alive at MSG ... but he was also absent for maybe a dozen songs or more.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    spearhead wrote:
    I told him I hoped he got all his favorite songs next time....

I didn't get all of them, but I did get Release with 9th Row lottery tickets at MSG-2. That'll keep me happy for a long, long time
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Good for you ... I hope you really enjoyed it.
    It was a show for the ages.
    You had better seats than me, I was about 50 rows back, center, on the floor.
    I'm glad Boom didn't ruin it for you.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!