Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Gord Downie

13»

Comments

• toolietoolie Posts: 270
    Just saw this in a Globe and Mail article - looks like there is at least one more GD record coming.
    ’ A month before the Away is Mine sessions, Downie had made an album with another friend and collaborator, Dale Morningstar and his avant garde indie-rock band The Dinner is Ruined. No release date for that record has been set.’

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,004
    toolie said:
    Just saw this in a Globe and Mail article - looks like there is at least one more GD record coming.
    ’ A month before the Away is Mine sessions, Downie had made an album with another friend and collaborator, Dale Morningstar and his avant garde indie-rock band The Dinner is Ruined. No release date for that record has been set.’

I guess that's why when they were promoting this album, they chose their words carefully....'the last SOLO gord downie record"
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    It’s here. Gotta admit it’s a bit surreal listening to new Gord. And it’s 45rpm!!! 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,004

going to have a bit of a gord fiesta tonight. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 72

going to have a bit of a gord fiesta tonight. 
    Nice haul. The Grand Bounce is a favorite of mine. 
    I am loving the acoustic version. Had to go back and listen to "Traffic is Magic" as soon as it was done, that song blew me away. Looking forward to giving this some more time to grow on the weekend.
    didn't have time for my gord fest last night. I have the vinyl. I have the digital files. I just can't bring myself to listen to this until I'm in the right setting. Dammit. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 72
    Amazon updating my shipping and the cd will be here today. I decided to have a Gord-fest myself. That album he did with The Sadies is great too.
    BR2428 said:
    Amazon updating my shipping and the cd will be here today. I decided to have a Gord-fest myself. That album he did with The Sadies is great too.
    i'm not a sadies fan, so i actually didn't listen to that record until years after it came out. it's actually my favourite of his non-hip releases. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 1,904
    HUGE Hip fan...and I have to say that his solo stuff is hit & miss for me. This new record however, is BEAUTIFUL.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020