Options

UPS Mail Innovations vs. The Pony Express

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My No Code has arrived for the weekend vacation it will be taking in Warrendale, PA.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    My No Code arrived today, but unlike my Yield, every corner is bashed in. After removing the mailer from the packing envelope, it looks like it used as a frisbee in one of the warehouses along the way. At least the vinyl plays well. I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with 10C on this on trying to get a replacement sleeve.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469

No Code out for delivery today!

Ditto...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    RP112579 said:

My Yield is finally out for delivery today. No Code still hasn't left the warehouse since getting a shipping notification last Friday.

Exactly the same for me in Chicago. Meanwhile, Reckless has had them both in stock for a week.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited September 2016
    I would love to hear from 10C and Pearl Jam about how their shipping methods are actually environmentally IRRESPONSIBLE. If the band is so concerned about the environment and being carbon neutral and all that, you'd think they would care that 7" singles and apparently most other orders leaving their fan club warehouse are being shipped individually to one buyer. I can't imagine any shipping system being more energy INefficient, not to mention all the extra packaging this requires. And all this for way more than the usual prices. Plus no tracking for international orders for prices that should include it. Holy crap, I'm almost starting to think that the Better Business Bureau should be contacted about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Just got my text update, No Code has been delivered. Glad my apartment building has indoor halls, it's a killer out there today!! Would surely be warped if it sat in the sun all afternoon.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

I would love to hear from 10C and Pearl Jam about how their shipping methods are actually environmentally IRRESPONSIBLE. If the band is so concerned about the environment and being carbon neutral and all that, you'd think they would care that 7" singles and apparently most other orders leaving their fan club warehouse are being shipped individually to one buyer. I can't imagine any shipping system being more energy INefficient, not to mention all the extra packaging this requires. And all this for way more than the usual prices. Plus no tracking for international orders for prices that should include it. Holy crap, I'm almost starting to think that the Better Business Bureau should be contacted about it.

I think that might be a little drastic.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why? A business is seriously misrepresenting their services, as well as ripping people off. That's what BBB is there for. (I did say "almost"... I'm not quite there yet... but I think at least Mail Innovations is a good candidate for such a report)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    As much as I hate mail innovations for taking for-fucking-ever I have to imagine that the UPS truck dropping shipments at a USPS warehouse that's gonna go hit everyone's house already is more efficient than having multiple UPS trucks hitting all those houses separately. Also my 7" shipped with an LP, but the cardboard packaging (likely made from recycled materials) is recyclable as well. The extra costs are probably for handling since two different entities, UPS and USPS, each need to sort the packages in their own facilities. But this is all purely speculation...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I just split the plastic and NO CODE is on the Pioneer turntable ready to go to a SONY METAL 100 tape.
    Sorry, I know home recording is decimating the record industry...my bad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    PJ_Soul said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why? A business is seriously misrepresenting their services, as well as ripping people off. That's what BBB is there for. (I did say "almost"... I'm not quite there yet... but I think at least Mail Innovations is a good candidate for such a report)
    It is pretty pathetic that every one of us ordered each album and additional singles and they have all been shipped at separate times in individual packages. Good for employing the postal carriers, bad for the environment and consumer satisfaction.

On the plus side, Yield finally made it to my door step today! My GTF single finally is in queue and No Code moved to in transit. I guess I can expect a new Pearl Jam record on Thursday for the next two weeks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Tiki said:

I just split the plastic and NO CODE is on the Pioneer turntable ready to go to a SONY METAL 100 tape.
    Sorry, I know home recording is decimating the record industry...my bad.

:lol: That was one of the first things we always did when we got a new record. Had to have a copy for the car!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    A week later, almost to the minute, my No Code appears to be in transit.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cool story, Mail Innovations, they must take an extra long holiday there.
    Auburn, WA, United States 09/07/2016 6:13 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Auburn, WA, United States 09/06/2016 10:35 P.M. Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
    09/06/2016 6:50 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
    Seattle, WA, United States 09/06/2016 6:48 P.M. Shipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations
    United States 09/01/2016 7:11 P.M. Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    8bitj said:

As much as I hate mail innovations for taking for-fucking-ever I have to imagine that the UPS truck dropping shipments at a USPS warehouse that's gonna go hit everyone's house already is more efficient than having multiple UPS trucks hitting all those houses separately. Also my 7" shipped with an LP, but the cardboard packaging (likely made from recycled materials) is recyclable as well. The extra costs are probably for handling since two different entities, UPS and USPS, each need to sort the packages in their own facilities. But this is all purely speculation...

This is why you just cut out UPS and send it media mail via USPS just like every other fricking place selling records. For people who are extra impatient you offer Priority Mail. It's not rocket science and yet it seems to be... I have never had a good experience with Mail Innovations, both with 10c and others who for some reason think that this is a good way to ship products to your customers.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,303
    Still nothing, but at least it moved 50 miles closer to me over the last 3 days!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Latest on my No Code:

Estimated Delivery: Thursday, 09/08/2016
    Last Location: Orlando, FL, United States, Friday, 09/09/2016
    Left At: UPS Mail Innovations

Arrived in Orlando today (9/9) and is expected to be delivered yesterday (9/8).

My head hurts from trying to figure this system out....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Shipping e-mail received on 9/1 from 10C shows Yield had a tracking # generated on 9/1 - current status on UPS Mail Innovations site shows as transferred to UPS Mail Innovations, but tracking # doesn't pull anything up on USPS.com, which most likely means it hasn't even left WA yet. No further updates on UPS Mail Innovations site since 9/8. Estimated delivery date of Monday 9/12 seems unlikely.

Shipping e-mail received on 9/2 from 10C shows No Code had a tracking # generated on 9/2 - status on UPS Mail Innovations says "Shipment information received" on 9/2, but no further updates which means it hasn't even shipped yet.

Shipping e-mail received yesterday from 10C shows 7" vinyls had tracking #'s generated yesterday as well - status on UPS Mail Innovations says "Shipment information received" on 9/8, but no further updates since.

Not holding my breath that I'll receive anything earlier than late next week.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385

Shipping e-mail received on 9/1 from 10C shows Yield had a tracking # generated on 9/1 - current status on UPS Mail Innovations site shows as transferred to UPS Mail Innovations, but tracking # doesn't pull anything up on USPS.com, which most likely means it hasn't even left WA yet. No further updates on UPS Mail Innovations site since 9/8. Estimated delivery date of Monday 9/12 seems unlikely.

Shipping e-mail received on 9/2 from 10C shows No Code had a tracking # generated on 9/2 - status on UPS Mail Innovations says "Shipment information received" on 9/2, but no further updates which means it hasn't even shipped yet.

Shipping e-mail received yesterday from 10C shows 7" vinyls had tracking #'s generated yesterday as well - status on UPS Mail Innovations says "Shipment information received" on 9/8, but no further updates since.

Not holding my breath that I'll receive anything earlier than late next week.

Exact same thing here with the exception that Yield was turned over to USPS yesterday with a scheduled delivery for today. Yep, nothing. I should mention I live 2 1/2 hours south of Seattle.

• Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    my yield and no code shipped the same day. I got my copy of yield on august 31. here is the tracking for my no code. spent a lot of time in jersey and still there

Jersey City, NJ, United States 09/08/2016 6:47 A.M. Package processed by post office
    Jersey City, NJ, United States 09/07/2016 4:00 P.M. Package transferred to post office
    Jersey City, NJ, United States 09/06/2016 9:30 P.M. Package transferred to post office
    Bridgeport, NJ, United States 09/06/2016 9:50 A.M. Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction
    Jersey City, NJ, United States 09/06/2016 9:31 A.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office
    Bridgeport, NJ, United States 09/06/2016 8:52 A.M. Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry
    Bridgeport, NJ, United States 09/04/2016 10:06 A.M. Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Auburn, WA, United States 08/31/2016 4:43 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Auburn, WA, United States 08/30/2016 8:31 P.M. Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
    08/30/2016 7:24 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
    Seattle, WA, United States 08/30/2016 6:30 P.M. Shipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations
    United States 08/25/2016 4:40 P.M. Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    Has anybody on the West coast received anything?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Mine finally moved to Auburn WA. ETA of 9/13 in Missouri.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    So I just sent back a t-shirt that I bought in store at Wrigleyville Sports while I was in Chicago. I shipped it out Tuesday, USPS First Class. They received it yesterday and already shipped out my replacement shirt, which is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Keep in mind I didn't order the replacement shirt first, then send the old one back, which is the process most retailers use now. But no, they placed the order for the new shirt when they received my old one in return. The old-fashioned way. One week turnaround for the entire process, product in-hand.

It takes 10 fucking days for Mail Innovations to send something one-way. Unreal. USPS Media Mail would be quicker (and a lot cheaper)!
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,303
    Both showed up today. Both have smashed corners. Haven't opened either to play, as I'd like to get a decent product, but I'm not sure that's possible. Tenclub should look at this

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/vinyl-record-packaging.shtml
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    I received the new The Head and the Heart CD yesterday, it's release day. Warner Music sent me a message Tuesday that it shipped and low and behold, it arrived by yesterday afternoon. Granted, they actually used USPS priority mail. I got 2 copies for free by purchasing 2 tickets to their upcoming show in MN. That's good customer service!

Meanwhile, No Code is partying it up in Auburn for the weekend. Probably hanging with the crew Yield was with for the holiday weekend prior. Sigh.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Still waiting for both to leave WA. Bullshit.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    UPS Mail innovations is cheaper than UPS. USPS pays UPS to handle the delivery to them, and since they go to most every door everyday (unlike UPS), they handle the final mile delivery. It IS more environmentally responsible. The problem is that UPS/FedEx (while more expensive) can handle the same delivery much faster. For example, I'm in Eugene. Ground delivery from UPS from Seattle is generally next-day. But using the post office adds up to a week. Cheaper, yes. Environmentally conscious, yes. Faster, no.

I'm a UPS driver. I get asked these questions daily by my customers. I'd personally rather pay the extra $5 or so to just have UPS ground deliveries. (A small parcel of ground is generally $10-15, with fuel surcharges added on for longer distances). Maybe at some point in the future it'll be an option...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

8bitj said:

This is why you just cut out UPS and send it media mail via USPS just like every other fricking place selling records. For people who are extra impatient you offer Priority Mail. It's not rocket science and yet it seems to be... I have never had a good experience with Mail Innovations, both with 10c and others who for some reason think that this is a good way to ship products to your customers.
    //|\\ this //|\\

when they're USPS labeled, Priority or Media Mail, they're all tracked now regardless.
    news flash no matter whose truck or plane your record rides on, it's all bad for the environment.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    True, but it's a lot worse for the environment when the carrier zigzags back and forth across multiple states, circling the destination for days.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    PJ_Soul said:

True, but it's a lot worse for the environment when the carrier zigzags back and forth across multiple states, circling the destination for days.

Yep, that's a ton of horse poop & Gandalf's pipe weed just fucking up the ground and sky! :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com