Options

Does anybody agree with me and Ed on this?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,474

KV4053 said:

I think part of the (very little) backlash you received is due, in part, to mentioning your profession and then proceeding to analyze a celebrity based solely on media exposure (I'm assuming he's not your patient). Why mention your profession? .

Good point. Thanks for saying it, and saying it nicely.

I thought mentioning my profession would give context to where I was coming from and help clarify what I was saying. I guess I also thought it might make what I was saying more interesting to some people. I claim NO special insight into Ed's mind but I do fancy that I have a bit of insight, by virtue of my profession, into the process of overcoming internal struggles. Ed's always been open about his internal struggle to come to terms with some parts of his personal history.

But you're right, it would have been better not to mention it. This isn't the right place for that.
    Ah man, so much I want to say here mostly in response to @KV4053 's post, but I think you hit the nail on the head ladydoc.
    Well, you got me curious. Feel free to unload via PM
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    KV4053 said:

KV4053 said:

I think part of the (very little) backlash you received is due, in part, to mentioning your profession and then proceeding to analyze a celebrity based solely on media exposure (I'm assuming he's not your patient). Why mention your profession? .

I thought mentioning my profession would give context to where I was coming from and help clarify what I was saying. I guess I also thought it might make what I was saying more interesting to some people. I claim NO special insight into Ed's mind but I do fancy that I have a bit of insight, by virtue of my profession, into the process of overcoming internal struggles. Ed's always been open about his internal struggle to come to terms with some parts of his personal history.

But you're right, it would have been better not to mention it. This isn't the right place for that.
    Ah man, so much I want to say here mostly in response to @KV4053 's post, but I think you hit the nail on the head ladydoc.
    Nah, I agree with ladydoc's response to you - except for the part where she said she shouldn't have said she was a therapist.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited September 2016
    Never ever mention that you are actually somehow qualified to give an informed opinion. The internet hates it when qualified professionals chime in about the stuff they know better than most others. I once mentioned that I had a degree related to the topic under discussion and got flamed for 2 days straight, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2016

KV4053 said:

KV4053 said:

Nah, I agree with ladydoc's response to you - except for the part where she said she shouldn't have said she was a therapist.
    okie dokie. My couch is always available to you if you wish to speak your mind.
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    Ed's mosquito bite rant is the most cringe worthy moment i've seen from Ed. i understand what he was trying to do but it just came out wrong. it just came off as Ed putting someone down personally, about their appearance. I always thought Ed was better and bigger than that. i know that one moment doesn't define him, but i still cringe if i view it again. the only other Ed rant i found really cringe worthy was the Good Charlotte take down. another one i thought was a tad over the line.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Never ever mention that you are actually somehow qualified to give an informed opinion. The internet hates it when qualified professionals chime in about the stuff they know better than most others. I once mentioned that I had a degree related to the topic under discussion and got flamed for 2 days straight, lol.

Hang out on reddit, where they appreciate that sort of thing. :)

The title of the post bothers me because it somehow aligns the OP with Ed in some virtual meeting of the minds. I never mentioned it because I didn't want to attack too much.
    Post edited by green_girl on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626

PJ_Soul said:

Hang out on reddit, where they appreciate that sort of thing. :)

The title of the post bothers me because it somehow aligns the OP with Ed in some virtual meeting of the minds. I never mentioned it because I didn't want to attack too much, but the post more than implied that Ed considered himself a sh!thed and the OP agrees.
    I think I did read some interview where Eddie said that he'd kick his young self's ass, lol, so the OP might have a bit of a point. ;) Of course, we all know that a lot of what Eddie says is figurative, while many of his fans take everything he says literally. I think that creates some problems.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks, that was my point. I've heard him say similar on a chat show, but he didn't elaborate, so suddenly we know him?
    Poor Ed...he says various one-off comments and we deconstruct it like it's Yeats or Twain or something.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    I think we would all kick our young self's ass, wouldn't we? I know I would. I'm lucky I'm not fucking dead. Not to mention at one point thinking invading Iraq made sense. :who_me:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

Thanks, that was my point. I've heard him say similar on a chat show, but he didn't elaborate, so suddenly we know him?
    Poor Ed...he says various one-off comments and we deconstruct it like it's Yeats or Twain or something.

Agreed agreed agreed.