Options

My brother died Sunday from suicide; he took comfort in PJ's music in his last days. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Wish you the best. Keep your head up.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Peace be with your brother, you, your family, and loved ones. Time does not heal the pain but it will ease it a bit. Have peace in knowing that you'll see him on the flip side. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Irish_AenimaIrish_Aenima Memphis, TN Posts: 122
    Prayers to you and your family from Memphis.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I am too very sorry for your loss. And while it all is a very sad occasion, I like that you chose to make it into a celebration of your beloved brother. I am wishing you and yours much strength in these hard times.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    My deepest condolences to you and your family. You are in my heart and thoughts.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

Thank you, from another Memphian.

Prayers to you and your family from Memphis.

And thank you so much to everyone else.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    Wow, so sorry, so very sorry. Also, thank you. Thank you for your attitude, your perspective, and for sharing all of this. Your family is lucky to have you, as I'm sure you're lucky to have them.

Hope your brother has finally found peace. I agree with a PP, he'll be there by your side whenever you hear PJ. I'll be thinking of him and all of you next times I hear Long Road and GTF.

Wishing you and your mom all the support you can get as you both celebrate his life. ::HugeHugs::
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Incredibly sad. So sorry for your loss.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Hank, sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family.

Long Road is probably one of the most powerful songs both lyrically and musically I can think of, I hope it along with some of the other songs you and your brother shared can bring you some peace at this difficult time.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    tridenttrident MA Posts: 81
    Sorry to read of your loss. He is at peace, and in a better place. I know there is little that can be said or done to ease the pain you and your family are going throught at this time. But hopefully the music brings you great memories of your times together. Prayers and strength to your family.
    So this life is sacrifice....
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Much love from a fellow DFW Pearl Jam fan. I had a family member take their own life and know how that feels. My thoughts are with you, your family and your brother.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Very sorry for your loss. Love and prayers to you and your family.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Sorry for your loss bud.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    Man. No words. I'm so sorry. I truly do appreciate your attitude toward making it a celebration of your brother's life. Godspeed to your brother and all my best mojo for you and your family.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    RIP BROTHER

https://youtu.be/X8QA49PZLmw

We're here for you.

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Thank you all again for the kind words. There truly is something nice about solidarity with lellle over a shared love. I thought I'd share a picture of us from a few months ago. It's the last photo of us. I'm in the hat. He was a good dude.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love seeing my husband's individual relationships with his brothers (albeit from miles and miles away).

I also love how your brother is looking at you there. What a smile! I see pure joy on his face, and hope you continue to feel that from him, or at the least, your memories of time spent with him.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Sorry for your loss, brother. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    Sorry to hear about your brother, that is very sad to hear. Hopefully the band's music finds some comfort for you and your family. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    hedonist said:

I love seeing my husband's individual relationships with his brothers (albeit from miles and miles away).

I also love how your brother is looking at you there. What a smile! I see pure joy on his face, and hope you continue to feel that from him, or at the least, your memories of time spent with him.

This is a very sweet picture.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Love and prayers for you and the family
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    The outpouring of love and support in the forum is not surprising but still so amazingly moving. I just wanted to drop a couple of links here that have been shared on Facebook already. Anybody who has a moment to check them out and the means to assist are very appreciated.

In lieu of flowers the family have requested donations be made to the Memphis Recovery Center. His brother was on the wait list when this happened sadly. Most of us are aware of how helpful centers like these can be for those needing recovery and the families affected

http://www.memphisrecovery.com

Also, as if all of this wasn't already devastating enough for Hank's family, his grandmother passed away late Monday night. She was an instrumental part of Hank's upbringing and a very strong part of his immediate family. Something that has become recent news to me but others know very well are the cost of funeral expenses. I had no idea until I lost a close friend recently and I was shocked.
    Relatives of Hank have put in place a gofundme to assist with what has now become the cost of two funeral services. I will post the link below. What's important to note is even if you can't donate, sharing it to Facebook and social media has a dramatic affect with helping. The more it shares then the more it trends. The more it trends, the likelihood of anonymous donors increases. Every little bit will help Hank's family right now, when it's really needed the most.

https://www.gofundme.com/2t6g3ctg

I've known Hank for only a couple of years. Honestly it wasn't until today that I knew his 10C handle. We've been friends on Facebook first, then finally meeting at shows second. He's been on the touring circuit for quite a long time and I'm postitive there are many who've known him longer than me. Nobody wants to see things like this happen and when they do it becomes very hard to ask for help. I'm posting this now not necessarily because I'm afraid Hank wouldn't, but honestly because I've known very few people as selfless and caring as Hank in my life. He would help if it was us and he'd sure as hell ask others to help too.
    We love you Hank. Stay strong and share our love with your family.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited August 2016
    My deepest condolences.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wow. So much - too much - loss in such a short time. I'm not on social media but will check out the links.

Continued good thoughts to Hank and his family.

Thank you for posting, pjman.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I'm sorry for your loss, may you brother and grandma rest in peace. I hope you can also find some solace in music like your brother did, and that your friends and family and good memories carry you over these tough times.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    our prayers are with you. sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016
    A day later and still on my mind.....hope you're doing better as each day passes

and now to hear of another loss is saddening

these songs will be forever linked with your story with me
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    I am truly sorry for your loss in both cases. I am truly inspired by your celebration of his life, it is truly the way to honour those gone too soon. Much love, support and goods thoughts to you and your family.
    I lost my baby brother 8 years ago this Oct and although I miss him everyday I know he is also with me everyday. May you always feel the love and light that is your brother with you always.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Chris (pjman75). Thank you for posting that. I'd never be comfortable doing that myself. And thank for the dozen shares on FB the last few days.

To everyone else, thank you again for all the kind words and messages. I'll get to them all, I promise.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    edited August 2016
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on