No More..

nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
Merch. Lol
Love the band. Enjoyed the 2016 tour. But I need to stop the madness. No more merch for me unless it's meaningful to me.
PJ closet sale in September
Bring on 2017 dates

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    What?!? No more Pearl Jam merch?!?

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I will say this about my a Wrigley experience....

It's all about the music for me, the Merch I love, but didn't want to give up a day in line.

Having said that, me, my brother in law and a buddy all decided we would get up early one day, check int out and if it was reasonable we would wait.

We waited about an hour and a half, and it added to the overall experience for me. Chatted with some other fans in line, enjoyed the outdoors etc...., didn't get everything I wanted, but most. I will probably stick to that method in the future, will be wanting to get the merch, but won't make it a huge priority.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Sept 10 plus SLH already confirmed the show editions will be sold via 10c. There's never a "no more merch" LOL
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    It was stupid to have one area only, selling merch. In Boston they had several tents and stores all selling merch. Much easier to get what you wanted. No shot in standing in line for several hours for a shirt or poster.
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,927
    Boston was amazing how easy it was to get merch. It felt like every turn you made around the stadium there was a store or tent.
  • The merch is part of the experience, and I do enjoy getting to know other fans in the lines. I don't want to spend 6 hours doing that but 45-60 minutes is kind of nice in some weird way.
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-08.26
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    I won't waste half a day picking up merch.

At Fenway I took a look at the merch stands outside the park and noped right on by. Inside the park I made a quick lap and found the shirt I wanted at a stand with 4-5 people in line.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Mike D88 said:

I won't waste half a day picking up merch.

At Fenway I took a look at the merch stands outside the park and noped right on by. Inside the park I made a quick lap and found the shirt I wanted at a stand with 4-5 people in line.

Seems like the club made a noble effort to accommodate the merch madness so i commend them for that. The club gets alot right. Need to improve GA. See Bruce or other good ideas if there are better systems. I only partake in PJ so im not sure what systems are out there. Fenway seemed like it went off without a hitch. Well done 10 club.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Merch was basically impossible at Wrigley. Heard it was much better at Fenway.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My husband and I hung out in the merch line with northerndragon, lolobugg and SD48277. We were there for 4 hours but you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. We had a great time.

It isn't always just about the merch. I agree with Bob that it is about meeting other fans. You listen to the stories. For me, the hours flew by.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 536
    Why is it easy to buy merch at some shows and a fiasco at others? I really wanted a poster at Wrigley but I just can't deal with that madness. I learned my lesson in Missoula a few years back! Not to judge those that go for it, but it just isn't my scene. It just feels so consumerist. On a related note, does anyone know if there will be another chance to buy a Wrigley poster? We had an amazing time and all I wanted was a souvenir! (sad violin music)
    Your light made us stars
  • I was at the tent on Monday morning....a good 7-8 hours before the show. And if you weren't a girl or wore a mens small there were very few shirts available. And no posters. I saw a few guys just walk away after waiting an hour+. I ended up with 4th choice in shirt and am feeling some buyer's remorse.

And yeah... there are 2 shows i'm missing posters from out of the 23 i've been to. Wrigley '13, and Wrigley 2.

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    ya spending 4 hours in line for merch and then saying it's not JUST about the merch IS FUCKING FUNNY
  • JLank11JLank11 Posts: 31
    deadendp said:

My husband and I hung out in the merch line with northerndragon, lolobugg and SD48277. We were there for 4 hours but you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. We had a great time.

It isn't always just about the merch. I agree with Bob that it is about meeting other fans. You listen to the stories. For me, the hours flew by.

Agree completely. Heard some great stories (even had beers) and enjoyed the wonderful weather. Not a lot different than sitting in a bar to be honest.

Getting a little tired of the 'holier-than-thou' attitude toward buying merch or not buying merch. Thanks for starting a new thread though.....
  • deadendp said:

^^^^This, so hard. It was a great time hanging out with friends, even if there was a monsoon. The memories are priceless. I also got to meet some amazing people from here face to face for the first time because of that line. It was 4 hours out of a 4 day weekend filled with music. So ya I can say without a doubt it's not just about the merch.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Sept 10 plus SLH already confirmed the show editions will be sold via 10c. There's never a "no more merch" LOL

Educate me, what's SLH?
    What about September 10th?

I've been saying no more merch since I arrived at Wrigley but mainly because of all these reissues! It's crazy on how great of a year for us fans it is. It's just so damn much $$$ though
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    I agree, no more merch... lines...
    sell stuff online also

because...

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 272
    I left my seat night 1 to pee right as comfortably numb started (just not a fan of it) and when I got out of the bathroom I saw a merch line that was only maybe 4 people deep. I got the two shirts I wanted, the Klaussen and two Koozies. I was back at my seat before Corduroy was over. Super easy.

leep
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688

Sept 10 plus SLH already confirmed the show editions will be sold via 10c. There's never a "no more merch" LOL

everything? posters, wristbands, cards, etc...

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited August 2016

ya spending 4 hours in line for merch and then saying it's not JUST about the merch IS FUCKING FUNNY

Bite me. It really wasn't about the merch. Sure, we got merch. I'm not saying that we didn't, but we aren't flippers so we weren't going to die without it. We weren't financing our trips with it. If you would have been there with us, you would have known that even though we looked like drowned rats, we were having one kick ass time. Too bad you are too close minded to think that people could have a great time doing nothing but hanging out together. I would have even let you wipe your phone off across the dry spot on my ass.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    deadendp said:

Bite me. It really wasn't about the merch. Sure, we got merch. I'm not saying that we didn't, but we aren't flippers so we weren't going to die without it. We weren't financing our trips with it. If you would have been there with us, you would have known that even though we looked like drowned rats, we were having one kick ass time. Too bad you are too close minded to think that people could have a great time doing nothing but hanging out together. I would have even let you wipe your phone off across the dry spot on my ass.
    she/he is just jealous because there is never a merch line at a RNDM show.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    leep75 said:

I left my seat night 1 to pee right as comfortably numb started (just not a fan of it) and when I got out of the bathroom I saw a merch line that was only maybe 4 people deep. I got the two shirts I wanted, the Klaussen and two Koozies. I was back at my seat before Corduroy was over. Super easy.

Uh that's what I did :)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    We waited for about two hours on Thursday in Boston after picking up 10C tickets. I didn't really want to but my buddy did and they were his tickets, so...we waited. As others have said, it was kinda fun in a way I didn't expect. Chatting with people, laughing at ourselves, shooting the shit, etc. We got everything we wanted and never bought another thing the rest of the weekend.

BUT...I'm from here. This is my hometown and I can visit it anytime I want to. I wasn't missing out on anything else by waiting in that line. If we had gone to Wrigley it would have been a different story. It was a different story in 2013. We didn't spend a minute in line that year. Too long, too hot, and too much else to do when traveling to waste precious time waiting in these lines.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    For the record I'm not judging anyone and what they do tor don't do for merch. Just saying I personally need to stop buying so much stuff. I have more than I need and need to be more selective.
    Jeez. Lots of people on here with opinions about what others need to do and be.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    nalyd61 said:

For the record I'm not judging anyone and what they do tor don't do for merch. Just saying I personally need to stop buying so much stuff. I have more than I need and need to be more selective.

I hear you. There is so much stuff now. "Will I ever wear this?" and "Will I ever frame this?" are both good questions to ask ourselves before the credit card comes out.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,225
    JimmyV said:

nalyd61 said:

I hear you. There is so much stuff now. "Will I ever wear this?" and "Will I ever frame this?" are both good questions to ask ourselves before the credit card comes out.
    Agreed. I ask myself those same questions before buying merch.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    edited August 2016
    Don't care about merch, just new music and live releases and the accompanying vinyl. More please. :relaxed:

.......... I would like some PJ coasters though. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Hi everyone. Waiting to donate plasma.. Lol I'm selling my plasma! Habana!
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

Hi everyone. Waiting to donate plasma.. Lol I'm selling my plasma! Habana!

MR TSURT

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore