No More..

2»

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    nalyd61 said:

Merch. Lol
    Love the band. Enjoyed the 2016 tour. But I need to stop the madness. No more merch for me unless it's meaningful to me.
    PJ closet sale in September
    Bring on 2017 dates

This was what I was muttering to myself when I was headed to Fenway. But then there were no lines and all that went to hell lol.

However, I didn't bother at Wrigley and it seems like I'm doing OK. No withdrawal jitters :D
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Imagine the lines if they sold Pearl Jam plasma
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

Imagine the lines if they sold Pearl Jam plasma

paging MrTsurt

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    I have to admit that I told myself I wasn't waiting in any long-ass lines when I showed up in Chicago on Saturday morning. So when I saw the line snaking all the way down the block past the Sports Corner for the trailer on Addison I said "f'k that" and kept walking all the way around the stadium until I came to the big tent on Waveland. For some reason I found myself saying "this doesn't look so bad" and got in line. About midway through I was kicking myself and promising that I would never do it again. It took two hours to get inside the tent and another hour to get through the subsequent line and make my purchases. I was glad to get it out of the way as I got almost everything I wanted.

Moral of the story: I can't help myself. I like having the shit and have shown an obvious willingness to suffer on a line for it. Maybe I need to call PJ Merch Anonymous.
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    What I like about the merch line is you always end up talking to good people who have been into the band for about as long as anyone else has. I had a great conversation with two guys from Milwaukee - one a die-hard, and the other a PJ virgin (Wrigley 1 and 2 were his first PJ shows) - and we had a great time. Made the line go by quickly (only about 1.5 hours) and then bonus at the end - merch! I've recently put the halt on picking up stuff from shows I've never been to before.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    lolobugg said:

Hi everyone. Waiting to donate plasma.. Lol I'm selling my plasma! Habana!

MR TSURT
    See now, if they were only in the merch line with us, they would get that! :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

What I like about the merch line is you always end up talking to good people who have been into the band for about as long as anyone else has. I had a great conversation with two guys from Milwaukee - one a die-hard, and the other a PJ virgin (Wrigley 1 and 2 were his first PJ shows) - and we had a great time. Made the line go by quickly (only about 1.5 hours) and then bonus at the end - merch! I've recently put the halt on picking up stuff from shows I've never been to before.

I don't pick things up from shows I haven't been to and if I won't hang the poster, I won't buy it.
    AceCool said:

I have to admit that I told myself I wasn't waiting in any long-ass lines when I showed up in Chicago on Saturday morning. So when I saw the line snaking all the way down the block past the Sports Corner for the trailer on Addison I said "f'k that" and kept walking all the way around the stadium until I came to the big tent on Waveland. For some reason I found myself saying "this doesn't look so bad" and got in line. About midway through I was kicking myself and promising that I would never do it again. It took two hours to get inside the tent and another hour to get through the subsequent line and make my purchases. I was glad to get it out of the way as I got almost everything I wanted.

Moral of the story: I can't help myself. I like having the shit and have shown an obvious willingness to suffer on a line for it. Maybe I need to call PJ Merch Anonymous.

WAVELAND was where it was at. all the cool (and wet) cats hanging in that line.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• I missed Low Light at Wrigley 1 because of that bastard Merch. Fuckin guy. Also, the cranky bitch refused to sell me buttons because she thought I cut in line. I got 2 shirts though, so it wasn't a waste. I would have argued but shit, there was a show going on!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2016
    My buddy and I decided we would hit up the Waveland tent on Monday morning and if the line wasn't super crazy long we would wait it out. Got there just a little before 8am and by 10:30-ish we were out of there. Of course every shirt I wanted they were sold out of my size as well as the only the poster I really wanted (the Faile) but I'm not complaining as I picked up three posters and a couple of pins and stickers. So all in all I ended up spending less than $120 bucks while meeting some cool fans and hearing their concert stories, not a bad use of 2 1/2 hours time if you ask me.
    lolobugg said:

AceCool said:

It was pouring rain when my plane landed at 9am. I had rain gear with me but by the time I got there the sun came out. I didn't get a drop on me other than sweat in the sauna that ensued. All in all it was not as bad as it could have been.
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    Inside Wrigley during the first show I noticed there were only a handful of people in a merch line by GA so I stopped by and inquired about getting a few can koozies. We all laughed at how ridiculous it was to think they still had some left. Actually, I think they were just laughing at me. I don't think I was laughing. Anyways, that was my whole merch experience. I don't regret the 5 minutes one bit but it really would have been nice to get a few of those koozies. My only true merch regret in all the shows I've ever seen is not waiting in line for the Pittsburgh 13 poster. I loved that thing the moment I saw it. Kind of regret that a little bit and probably the only thing I would have ever spent more than 5 minutes in line for.
    AceCool said:

lolobugg said:

AceCool said:

It was pouring rain when my plane landed at 9am. I had rain gear with me but by the time I got there the sun came out. I didn't get a drop on me other than sweat in the sauna that ensued. All in all it was not as bad as it could have been.
    we got there really early. what were you looking for that was sold out. just curious... I think they ran out of Klausens right before my friend got hers in line.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolo, they were out of the Faile and Klausen posters by the time I got to the counter at about 1:30. Also the blue chick shirt with the white stripes on the sleeves that I wanted to get for my wife they only had in XL and XXL (I needed a Med.). They had literally everything else than those things. I was able to score them inside the stadium that night.
    AceCool said:

lolo, they were out of the Faile and Klausen posters by the time I got to the counter at about 1:30. Also the blue chick shirt with the white stripes on the sleeves that I wanted to get for my wife they only had in XL and XXL (I needed a Med.). They had literally everything else than those things. I was able to score them inside the stadium that night.

Nice. glad you were able to get them. my friend had the horror of being stuck behind "the" person who tries everything on twice. she watched the Klausen stack slowly disappear in front. I only grabbed one of each because I knew they were very limited. told my friend that I didn't get him one because the people who endured that line deserved to get them. yes- I am such a saint, I know :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I speak for a man who in line would stand
    For forty or fifty days
    Through rain and through yuck, the mud and the muck
    And he's come back to say

That what he has seen is hard to believe
    A line from here to Bombay
    He asks of us to stand and we must
    End this shit today

With his posters he's saying
    No more
    With his trading cards he's saying
    No more
    With his stickers he's saying
    No more .... merch
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 536
    Does anyone know if there will be another chance to get a Wrigley poster?
    Your light made us stars
    TheGhost said:

Does anyone know if there will be another chance to get a Wrigley poster?

:lol: Check Lost Dogs or the mystery poster sale whenever it comes up.
  • ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    At Wrigley 1, my wife and I hopped in the cash only line at the merch stand at the ga entrance. We waited all of 5 minutes and got my Klausen, some trading cards, pin, and 2 tshirts (one for each of us). I found there to be no problem with merch availability at that show. I kept hearing 4 hour horror stories about the merch line. I don't know how it was later in the night or the subsequent days but I thought they had tons of options in the stadium Saturday night.
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL