Options

Wrigley Weather

Comments

• Options
    Heh me too only night 1, flying out at 6am Monday to go straight to work in Boston (FUN). Wish I could have gone to Monday now I haven't checked the weather this much since I lived in FL during hurricanes. :anguished:
  • Options
    michael_augustinemichael_augustine Chicago Posts: 40
    Chicago weather is so erratic and hard to predict. Today on my way to work the weather app (Wunderground) said cloudy with rain. I'm sitting in my office in downtown Chicago right now with sunny skies and very few clouds. There is still hope. The worst thing that happens is it's a delay like 2013. Here's hoping...
    Cincinnati 00'
    Cleveland 03'
    Pittsburgh 03'
    Cincinnati 06'
    Chicago 08' (EV Into the Wild 1 & 2)
    Chicago 09' (1 & 2)
    Chicago 11' (EV Uke 1 & 2)
    East Troy 11' (PJ20 1 & 2)
    Chicago 13' (Wrigley)
    Brooklyn 13' (1 & 2)
    Moline 14' (No Code)
    Milwaukee 14' (Yield)
    Chicago 16" (Wrigley 1 & 2)

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

nycrats said:

locals
    historically for summer storms etc.. is one airport better than the other for flying into town day of?

thanks

I would take Midway all day over Ohare. Hop on the orange line at Midway, transfer to the red at Roosevelt, get off at addison...done
    Summer storms or not... I flew through Ohare once and it was the worst airport experience I ever had. I decided never again after that trip and have only used Midway for the 4 trips I've taken to Chicago since.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals
    historically for summer storms etc.. is one airport better than the other for flying into town day of?

thanks

I would take Midway all day over Ohare. Hop on the orange line at Midway, transfer to the red at Roosevelt, get off at addison...done
    gotcha thanks .. so midway is def closer.. but is there any history on one more liekly to be delayed?
    Midway is much smaller, IMO less opportunity for traffic on the runway
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

gotcha thanks .. so midway is def closer.. but is there any history on one more liekly to be delayed?
    Midway is much smaller, IMO less opportunity for traffic on the runway
    COOL THANKS
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    peeps, please remember than flights get delayed and cancelled. It might be smarter to fly to an airport with more daily flights from your home area in case your selected flight gets cancelled.
  • Options
    bpgolen716bpgolen716 Chicago Posts: 3
    nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

Midway is def not closer. O'hare is on the north side and also a train ride away.
    Champaign, IL 4/23/03 - Chicago UC 6/18/03 - Chicago UC 5/16/06 - Chicago UC 8/23/09 - Chicago UC 8/24/09 - Amsterdam 6/27/12 - Wrigley Field 7/19/13 - Hartford 10/25/13 - Milwaukee 10/20/14 - Wrigley Field 8/20-8/22/16
  • Options

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

Midway is def not closer. O'hare is on the north side and also a train ride away.
    Midway orange
    Ohare blue
    Both train rides away.
    Midway is the easier of the two airports hands down.
  • Options
    RE4790 said:

peeps, please remember than flights get delayed and cancelled. It might be smarter to fly to an airport with more daily flights from your home area in case your selected flight gets cancelled.

Unless that airport you're flying to is O'Hare because O'Hare sucks my balls. lol
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

RE4790 said:

Unless that airport you're flying to is O'Hare because O'Hare sucks my balls. lol
    o'hare definitely sucks on balls....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    I had a perfectly fine experience at O'Hare, although I did find it a little bit difficult to find where I wanted to go. I basically got lost, lol. But besides that... I guess I got lucky!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    I am going with the same 2 people that I went to Alpine 1 and Wrigley 2013 with. Its going to rain for sure
  • Options

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

A train ride away??? Where are you getting off at? Addison Blue and walking over three miles east? Or worse yet, taking the bus
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861

I am going with the same 2 people that I went to Alpine 1 and Wrigley 2013 with. Its going to rain for sure

We all survived Alpine Valley with no problems, it was really only the first day of heavy rain. If what we get at wrigley this year the same as PJ20 we will be fine, and the night will still be epic.
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    Ray J. T. said:

We all survived Alpine Valley with no problems, it was really only the first day of heavy rain. If what we get at wrigley this year the same as PJ20 we will be fine, and the night will still be epic.
    Were you in the lawn night 1? Because we barely survived. Literally had to have everyone hold you up as you walked across from the aisles. So people were just peeing in the lawn and I ended up losing the 2 people i went with by showtime because they couldnt make it back. Alpine 1 was actually worse because wrigley our seats were under the upperdeck.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861

Ray J. T. said:

Were you in the lawn night 1? Because we barely survived. Literally had to have everyone hold you up as you walked across from the aisles. So people were just peeing in the lawn and I ended up losing the 2 people i went with by showtime because they couldnt make it back. Alpine 1 was actually worse because wrigley our seats were under the upperdeck.
    I was lawn night 2 with reserved seats night 1. I never really heard any horror stories about lawn night 1 until now. I guess your experience wasn't the best. Our lawn night 2 was smooth with no complaints except for a couple of drunk evenbros next to us. Hopefully our Wrigley experience will be nothing like that or even anything like 2013. Everything so far has been saying skies clearing up by showtime. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

A train ride away??? Where are you getting off at? Addison Blue and walking over three miles east? Or worse yet, taking the bus
    Lol. OH NO! THE BUS!! ..... It's not exactly hard.
    Of course, you can take a shuttle from the airport directly to whatever hotel you're staying in for around $24. They drive around dropping people off. Pretty simple, and often fun if you get a good group of people in your shuttle.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

Of course, you can take a shuttle from the airport directly to whatever hotel you're staying in for around $24. They drive around dropping people off. Pretty simple, and often fun if you get a good group of people in your shuttle.
    youre clueless.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    looks clear now, please for the love of god stay that way
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

You must've never done the drive on the Kennedy in the hours of 6AM-8PM
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

It was probably around 6:30pm. It took about 45 minutes.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

Ray J. T. said:

I was on the lawn night 1 at Alpine. I never saw or experienced any of this.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

youre clueless.
    How so? I did it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

youre clueless.
    How so? I did it.
    YAGI
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

I would not chance it on the Kennedy on show day when you have 42000 people trying to get to the same place on an already overly congested cluster of an expressway. Maybe you can make the second set

http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-worst-traffic-bottlenecks-us-avoid-driving/story?id=35372288
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Yes, you can get to Wrigley from O'Hare. I can also get to my tonsils through my asshole, but it's not the preferred route.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885

I would not chance it on the Kennedy on show day when you have 42000 people trying to get to the same place on an already overly congested cluster of an expressway. Maybe you can make the second set

http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-worst-traffic-bottlenecks-us-avoid-driving/story?id=35372288

Plus Air and Water show traffic. (yes, not going to the same place but another event to deal with)
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    The latest from the Severe Storm Forecast Center out of OKC:
    Have much higher confidence in widespread showers and storms
    Saturday as the cold front and associated low move through the
    region. Thunderstorm coverage will increase from the mid morning
    onward. CAPE and shear values are low so not expecting widespread
    severe weather. However stronger storms may produce gusty winds.
    PWATS will be around 1.5-2 inches so all storms will likely produce
    heavy rain, but storms should be moving quick enough that flooding
    is not expected.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

looks clear now, please for the love of god stay that way

Yes the zip code forecast for Saturday now says "Saturday Night" cloudy and mostly clear! Maybe we will be ok and the show can proceed as planned!!!

• Options
    edited August 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

locals

thanks

No, I guess not on show day. I would never arrive on show day anyhow though. I don't trust the planes to not be cancelled or re-routed or something!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on