Options

Stranger Things (Netflix TV show)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited July 2022
    I started watching then stopped. Got pissed because of a scene that didn’t make sense.

I get the whole suspension of disbelief thing, but this was just poor writing.

(won’t spoil it for those who haven’t yet watched) 
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 671
    Just finished it and just want to say 'Master! Master!' 🤘
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    beano.79 said:
    Jeannie was in it?!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited July 2022
    Will, Mike and Jonathan are the worst characters on the show.  They needed the stoner guy for comic relief otherwise people would fall asleep in their scenes.  Last two episodes were okay, not great.  Some of the dialogue was really weak.  Like a 10 year old wrote it.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    Will, Mike and Jonathan are the worst characters on the show.  They needed the stoner guy for comic relief otherwise people would fall asleep in their scenes.  Last two episodes were okay, not great.  Some of the dialogue was really weak.  Like a 10 year old wrote it.
    Yea they’re plotline was easily the worst. Hopefully the last season keeps most of the characters together. These fractured storylines are annoying and make it feel so overly bloated. 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    beano.79 said:
    Beat scene of the last four hours. Way too long for just two episodes. My theory is they will need to kill Will Byers in season 5 to finally end it. He has a piece of the mind flayer/vecna/1 or whatever you wanna call it inside him. 
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    The “kids” have aged out and far too much crying, but I will still watch the final season 

they were over the top, but I liked Murray and Yuri

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    I could have sworn this was the last season, and at first thought the ending was kinda dumb and they should have left out the last few minutes of the last episode. Overall i enjoyed, some scenes were kinda emotional. Kinda bummed they killed off one character in particular.

Also did Jack Black make a cameo in the very last episode or was that just someone else? not really a spoiler but the scene i'm talking about is when Erica is in the treehouse and the hawkins basketball players come down and find her and Lucas and Max you randomly see a guy walking is dog. I thought it was him.
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yea they’re plotline was easily the worst. Hopefully the last season keeps most of the characters together. These fractured storylines are annoying and make it feel so overly bloated. 
    yeah i agree with you on that, didn't really care for it at all especially the Byers brothers.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    My daughter went back and watched the very first episode, and apparently, she spotted Vecna and heard the grandfather clock chime. 

I don’t care enough to confirm, but I thought that perhaps someone here might be interested. 

She’s probably just stoned. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    SPOILER ALERT

I really hated the "zoom" battle. All that time and they couldn't get the characters together for the big fight?

I still thought the season was very good. But the first time in the series that the current season wasn't the best yet.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    dankind said:
    My daughter went back and watched the very first episode, and apparently, she spotted Vecna and heard the grandfather clock chime. 

I don’t care enough to confirm, but I thought that perhaps someone here might be interested. 

my daughters have confirmed this through a number of tik tok edits or reels or whateverthefuckthey'recalled. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:

my daughters have confirmed this through a number of tik tok edits or reels or whateverthefuckthey'recalled. 
    Season 1 first episode or first episode of this terrible season?  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    static111 said:
    dankind said:

Season 1 first episode or first episode of this terrible season?  
    Season 1, Episode 1. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMRMFzRAm-8
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Can i ask a questiom - in Stranger Things 4 they go into a weapons supermarket, do they have these in America in real life? 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    Can i ask a questiom - in Stranger Things 4 they go into a weapons supermarket, do they have these in America in real life? 

sure.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    Basically an expanded gun shop. Yep, plenty of 'em. My dad's neighbor actually sells guns out of his house. Very robust business.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022
    Basically an expanded gun shop. Yep, plenty of 'em. My dad's neighbor actually sells guns out of his house. Very robust business.
    Crickey, that's nuts!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    Crickey, that's nuts!

you'll note. it was geared toward hunting and fishing etc...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    Crickey, that's nuts!

you'll note. it was geared toward hunting and fishing etc...
    https://youtu.be/VYOjWnS4cMY
    I SAW PEARL JAM