Stranger Things (Netflix TV show)

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Just finished S2. Liked it about as much as the first season. Nice they made a bit more pg13 than last season and assuming they’ll ramp it up more in the next 2seasons. Hope they can keep the charm. They’ve made it impossible to totally hate any character, aside from 

I thought the first season leaned a little too Goonies/ET mashup and the second season started following the first season for a sec with the map spread through the house. Those are my quibbles. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    DewieCox said:
    Just finished S2. Liked it about as much as the first season. Nice they made a bit more pg13 than last season and assuming they’ll ramp it up more in the next 2seasons. Hope they can keep the charm. They’ve made it impossible to totally hate any character, aside from 

I thought the first season leaned a little too Goonies/ET mashup and the second season started following the first season for a sec with the map spread through the house. Those are my quibbles. 
    Aside from... ? Which character do you hate? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Whoops...Max’s stepdad
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
    DewieCox said:
    Whoops...Max’s stepdad
    Ah, yeah. I actually hate her piece of shit step-brother as well. I don't care if he was mistreated, he's still a racist prick, and where the fuck does he get off treating Max like that? She's not even his sister.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Your Juggler is 4 episodes into the first season.....pretty fucking intense so far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    YOU'RE pretty fucking intense so far.

Watching multiple episodes of this at a time was such a fun trip.  Absolutely love this show and am slightly pissed that it'll be a while till next season airs.

And this guy!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What is that telling me? That more info will be out on 11/6?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Good question. No clue. I thought there would be a new season really soon, but there seems to be no word about it.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Good question. No clue. I thought there would be a new season really soon, but there seems to be no word about it.
    I'm guessing that we can re-watch series 1&2 that day?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Aren't seasons 1 and 2 still available on netflix? So that wouldn't mean anything.
    I heard about a year ago there is a green light for season 3, but they had to delay due to something. Maybe it was delay because of the commitment the main kid had filming "It" or something, I can't remember for sure.
    mace1229 said:
    Aren't seasons 1 and 2 still available on netflix? So that wouldn't mean anything.
    I heard about a year ago there is a green light for season 3, but they had to delay due to something. Maybe it was delay because of the commitment the main kid had filming "It" or something, I can't remember for sure.
    Season 3 is well on its way. It started filming last April.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Halloween just wasn't the same this year without some Stranger Things.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229 said:
    I think you're right.  I had read that it should be coming outinNov so maybe that IS the release date?
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Season 3 is well on its way. It started filming last April.
    Yeah, I wasn’t clear.
    I think season 3 had the green light before 2 even aired. But there was a delay from what I heard which was why we didn’t get it by Halloween. I think it was supposed to be a few months late. If this ST day was the new release that would only make it a few weeks late.

Anyway i also heard they were taking it in a new direction, in that it isn’t the same kid (mike I think? I can’t remember the names anymore) who is going to be the one screwed over for the 3rd time. His character needs a break.
    Thought I heard last year that the next season wasn't coming out till sometime in 2019. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Thought I heard last year that the next season wasn't coming out till sometime in 2019. 

That’s what I heard a while back, early 2019. Could have been bumped up though.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    According to IMDB it will not be out until 2019...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mace1229 said:

It got moved again?

Geeze.  The kids are teenagers now and still growing...
    mace1229 said:

It got moved again?

Geeze.  The kids are teenagers now and still growing...
    That’s why however awesome this show is, it’s limited to about 3-4 seasons max. Part of the appeal is the age of the kids, won’t be the same in high school
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    6 more months? Ughh
  • 6 more months? Ughh
    Damn kids aren't kids anymore.  They'll be in college...
    Right?! Pretty close to it.
  • Right?! Pretty close to it.
    We have Fios commercials out here in NY and Dustin isn't a little kid anymore.  He's hit quite the growth spurt!

Eleven is a young lady.

Mike is touring the world w his band and hit a growth spurt too.

Haven't heard much about the others though but I'm sure they've all grown like weeds too.
    Right?! Pretty close to it.
    We have Fios commercials out here in NY and Dustin isn't a little kid anymore.  He's hit quite the growth spurt!

Eleven is a young lady.

Mike is touring the world w his band and hit a growth spurt too.

Haven't heard much about the others though but I'm sure they've all grown like weeds too.
    I'm honestly really concerned about this. They will all look and sound different. That's one of the problems of starting a show based on kids in their young teens and then waiting almost two years for the next season. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think they could still get two or three seasons and age them down somewhat believably. The actors are all pretty babyfaced.
  • DewieCox said:
    I think they could still get two or three seasons and age them down somewhat believably. The actors are all pretty babyfaced.
    But all 6' tall now...

I wonder if they do a fast forward and age them in the show?
    Well now maybe if they're all 6' tall it won't be quite as noticeable. Just make the parents and teachers stand on blocks ;)