Of Potato heads and Polaroids

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    So glad I held out. Almost gave up and bought the regular version the other day
  • MH66460MH66460 Posts: 48
    anyone else having problems with CC checkout on this item? Tried 3 cards, always jumpin back to address page...
  • MH66460 said:

anyone else having problems with CC checkout on this item? Tried 3 cards, always jumpin back to address page...

Funny you say this.

It happened to me on the first go round. I just left it and then, of course, it sold out.

I chalked it up to the idea that I wasn't meant to have it; but I was able to purchase one this time around.

Good luck
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I ordered one yesterday with my debit card and it's already posted on my account. Looking forward to it!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    MH66460 said:

@MH66460 Let the entire page load before you try to do anything or else it kicks you back. I think you're just too fast
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pj said:

MH66460 said:

@MH66460 Let the entire page load before you try to do anything or else it kicks you back. I think you're just too fast
    That's what she said
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    BC62528 said:

Missed the first time around - thanks Mike for making more available to the fans.

Yes,thank you very much Mike.

I was charged immediately in the initial sale
    Authorization only. Please verify with your bank.
    slh
    I used my debit card and I swear I saw a charge go through but now I don't see it anymore so it must just be authorized like you said Santos thank you
    I got charged full amount. No authoritzation about it.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833

a5pj said:

MH66460 said:

That's what she said
    lol
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    demetrios said:

Hope @jason_94 got one this time around.

A big thank you to the great people here in our community!!!

Thank you PP193448, elwayvedder, & demetrios for the PMs and thank you cmalisze for the message on Wednesday when these were made available again!!!

As a result, I was able to get an order in for the deluxe book. Very much looking forward to seeing this when it arrives!!!

Thank you very much Santos & 10Club! I'm very glad that, for whatever reason, you were able to make more available in the shop. Hopefully all of the others that wanted this but had missed out were able to pick it up this time.

With all of the "thanks" going out, it only seems right to send a thank you to Mr. Mike McCready as well. Thank you for not only putting together what will be a fantastic book but for going the extra mile & taking the time out to sign & make available several copies for us to purchase!

Thanks again to everyone for all of your time & help!!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    When is the book expected to ship? Missed the first time around,God bless Mike,was able to secure one this time.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    joseph33 said:

When is the book expected to ship? Missed the first time around,God bless Mike,was able to secure one this time.

I'm hoping a few weeks before they hit store shelves on May 30th. I would LOVE to receive it here in Canada before that date. But that's inevitable.
    Still available! I'm surprised the regular edition Powerhouse copies are sold out @ their shop https://www.powerhousearena.com/shop/of-potato-heads-and-polaroids-my-life-inside-and-out-of-pearl-jam
    http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Pearl-Jam’s-Mike-McCready-to-Publish-Photo-Book.aspx

Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready to Publish Photo Book
    Michael Leonard

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is to be publish a photo book comprising an array of Polaroid pictures taken over recent years. Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam will arrive in May 2017 via Power House Books.

McCready has carried his Polaroid camera on countless Pearl Jam tours and throughout his own travels, documenting everything from concerts, art and architecture to candid shots of friends and family. And the book will be packed with other famous faces: candid shots include pictures of Neil Young, Questlove, Paul McCartney, Sting, Dave Grohl, Bono, Jack White, Lady Gaga, Dustin Hoffman, Venus Williams and more.

The book's title refers to a recurring character in McCready’s pictures — a Mr. Potato Head toy the guitarist also hauls around with him. Bless.

Pearl Jam spent much of 2016 on the road celebrating their 25th anniversary, while McCready also reunited with his early grunge supergroup, Temple of the Dog. Pearl Jam are now gearing up for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the band will perform at the April 7 induction ceremony at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It’s the group's only scheduled 2017 date, though Eddie Vedder will play a string of solo shows in Europe this summer.

U2 guitarist The Edge is also publishing a photo book this year as part of the 30th Anniversary edition of The Joshua Tree album. Bryan Adams has won awards for his photography, while Andy Summers’ has had his photos featured in numerous exhibitions.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    just ordered a deluxe edition. it's not like i'm buying pj tickets this year so why not? lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Was on the fence about this but pulled the trigger on the deluxe. Hope it's worth the $86
    I hope everybody gets a different signed Polaroid. That way we can come back to this thread and post the Polaroid we got signed.
  • I let my deluxe copy lapse in the basket the first time since I couldn't find any suggestion of limited quantities. Was picking up my new Analog Membership t-shirt today, checked and sure enough the deluxe is back in stock. 10c doesn't need to tell me thrice... bought it this time...
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    joseph33 said:

I hope everybody gets a different signed Polaroid. That way we can come back to this thread and post the Polaroid we got signed.

I don't think we're actually receiving a "signed polaroid" - they describe it as a "signed photo print".
    Can't see Mike giving up his original one-of-a-kind polaroids but I'll be plenty happy with a signed print.
    I wonder if they printed several different photo prints or just the same one for everyone.
    Well, it'll be fun waiting to find out!
    shecky said:

joseph33 said:

I don't think we're actually receiving a "signed polaroid" - they describe it as a "signed photo print".
    Can't see Mike giving up his original one-of-a-kind polaroids but I'll be plenty happy with a signed print.
    I wonder if they printed several different photo prints or just the same one for everyone.
    Looks like they will be signed Polariods ..

Just would be printed on card stock like the No Code Polaroids that were included in the CD & vinyl release.

2 months to go ... :)
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    demetrios said:

shecky said:

joseph33 said:

Looks like they will be signed Polariods ..

Just would be printed on card stock like the No Code Polaroids that were included in the CD & vinyl release.

2 months to go ... :)
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying: not an actual polaroid photograph but a photo print that LOOKS like a polaroid photograph.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    edited March 2017

I was charged immediately too
    Sorry didn't mean to hit the quote button.
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I hope they are all different polaroids too. Looking forward to the book
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Anybody have any idea when the book will be shipped?
    joseph33 said:

Anybody have any idea when the book will be shipped?

No idea but I'm hoping 10club orders arrive before they are available in stores May 30th. Maybe ship out international orders a month before? *crossing fingers o:)
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    I'm so exited!!! Thanking 10club, Thanking Mike, Thanking all that made this happen!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

I'm so exited!!! Thanking 10club, Thanking Mike, Thanking all that made this happen!

I wonder how many Mike actually signed? Book is gonna be a staple in my collection,lol.
    Preview! :)

• JojoRice said:

I hope they are all different polaroids too. Looking forward to the book

I bought one.

I'm assuming each special edition book will have a one of a kind unique to purchaser Polaroid signed by Mime!

How cool is that?
    "My brain's a good brain!"