Anser about this pocemon thing

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh gambo.

I think it's not so much the beard as it is who's sporting it. How they behave...kind of like with most everything/everyone else.

Both my husband and I work next to places rife with variations of the modern-day male hipster. Yes, many of them have beards (similar beards, at that! - talk about conforming) but more have this certain "too cool and unique for you" attitude. Many are rude little fuckers. That's annoying to those of us who aren't.

Now, toss the hokey-pokey-mon into the mix?

Nooooo! It just encourages more self-absorbed nonsense at others' expense.

...and bluegrace, sorry! At least you found out what he was about right off the bat.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    I have a beard. Should I throw a huge hissy fit, too?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

Oh gambo.

I think it's not so much the beard as it is who's sporting it. How they behave...kind of like with most everything/everyone else.

Both my husband and I work next to places rife with variations of the modern-day male hipster. Yes, many of them have beards (similar beards, at that! - talk about conforming) but more have this certain "too cool and unique for you" attitude. Many are rude little fuckers. That's annoying to those of us who aren't.

...and bluegrace, sorry! At least you found out what he was about right off the bat.

hedonist said:

Oh gambo.

And that's the most annoying thing about hipster hate, that the biggest conformist generation ever, that practically invented the "cooler than thou" attitude is sitting in conformity, passing judgement on how uncool are the kids who think they are cool.
    I am between these generations, you are older than either. Maybe you will disagree, but I will take a man bun hipster douche over a backwards ballcap frat douche any day!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    #EvenBros
    vs
    #Hipsters

The showdown of the new millenium!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Back to Pokemon...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

#BacktoPokemon...

fixed.

rgambs said:

And that's the most annoying thing about hipster hate, that the biggest conformist generation ever, that practically invented the "cooler than thou" attitude is sitting in conformity, passing judgement on how uncool are the kids who think they are cool.
    I am between these generations, you are older than either. Maybe you will disagree, but I will take a man bun hipster douche over a backwards ballcap frat douche any day!

I don't think age even has to do with it.

I judge (and really dislike) certain actions and behavior - noticing physical commonalities is just gravy for me =)

Oh yeah...the game :whistle:
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Pocenmen
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,766
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    bluegrace said:

Went on a date today and guess what, he turned out to be a Pokemon Go player and played the game while we were dating. Guess if I'm going to ever see him again...

If you like him, you could set up a strategic part of your body as a Pokémon site, and he'd have to find it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • rgambs said:

Isnt the bearded hipster thing ready to jump the shark yet? C'mon it has been years already -- looking like Grizzly Adams is not a cool thing.
    Bearded person older than 20 + Pokemon Go = hilarious. Bearded Person older than 30 + Pokemon Go = pee your pants hilarious.

Some people prefer to look natural, you think you are cooler than they are, and since you look like all the other other ex-frat guys you must be right!

The beard hatred is just pathetic around here, and while I am sitting in my pissy pants, I will go ahead and throw it out there that this little AET clique is not nearly as funny as it's constituents seem to think they are.
    See, I think you are funny.
    Are you part of the clique? (Perhaps the AMT clique rather than the AET one?)
    I agree with Hedonist on the hipster thing...you can certainly make fun of the sports fans (which you did, comparing us to small rodents) and I won't go nutty on the board.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Still laughing at the "all people who shave are ex-frat boys" assertion. See....funny!

Driver Smashes Into a Cop Car While Playing Pokemon Go, Gets Out Of Car And Says “That’s what I get for playing this dumb ass game” - http://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/driver-smashes-into-a-cop-car-while-playing-pokemon-go-gets-out-of-car-and-says-thats-what-i-get-for-playing-this-dumb-ass-game/ via @barstoolsports
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Driver Smashes Into a Cop Car While Playing Pokemon Go, Gets Out Of Car And Says “That’s what I get for playing this dumb ass game” - http://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/driver-smashes-into-a-cop-car-while-playing-pokemon-go-gets-out-of-car-and-says-thats-what-i-get-for-playing-this-dumb-ass-game/ via @barstoolsports

Poke-fucks! It's not the game that's the dumb-ass, it's the player.

(unnecessary disclaimer - *some of the players)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    I tried to get a side job driving people around to catch these Pokemon, but everyone has declined after seeing my van

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    do pokemon frat shits sport reverse ball caps & well trimmed beards? we are talking grown ass men are we not? we are talking about vomiting are we not? whatever happened to throwing knives & axes outdoors or indoors? whatever happened to dating someone not holding a gadget but holding ... oh never mind.

not a fan of reverse hat wearing or none hat brim bending pokemon fuckers with fancy ass beards. fancy beards, skinny jeans & pokemon piss me off. stop wearing your girlfriend's pants while pokemoning
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    chadwick said:

do pokemon frat shits sport reverse ball caps & well trimmed beards? we are talking grown ass men are we not? we are talking about vomiting are we not? whatever happened to throwing knives & axes outdoors or indoors? whatever happened to dating someone not holding a gadget but holding ... oh never mind.

not a fan of reverse hat wearing or none hat brim bending pokemon fuckers with fancy ass beards. fancy beards, skinny jeans & pokemon piss me off. stop wearing your girlfriend's pants while pokemoning

It takes all kinds chadwick. :) I would never bother with this game, but I know a few people who are doing it, and they are friends and not losers, lol. And what they've told me is that it's actually created a new reason to get out of the house with friends and get some exercise and go places they have never gone before. Going out to find a fucking Pokemon leads to going for a nice walk with friends and then stopping by a new pub or whatever that has a fucking Pokemon in it, having a couple drinks, etc. Sounds okay to me. It's a hell of a lot better than sitting at home playing video games on a PS4.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

It takes all kinds chadwick. :) I would never bother with this game, but I know a few people who are doing it, and they are friends and not losers, lol. And what they've told me is that it's actually created a new reason to get out of the house with friends and get some exercise and go places they have never gone before. Going out to find a fucking Pokemon leads to going for a nice walk with friends and then stopping by a new pub or whatever that has a fucking Pokemon in it, having a couple drinks, etc. Sounds okay to me. It's a hell of a lot better than sitting at home playing video games on a PS4.
    You had me convinced until this bullshit.

Nothing is better than sitting at home playing video games!

Well, except for sleeping. Sleeping is the best.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hey im just a grumpy old bastard who truly dislikes a few things. i am pleased tho that folks are walking to & from pubs

what is a ps4?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited July 2016
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

You had me convinced until this bullshit.

Nothing is better than sitting at home playing video games!

Well, except for sleeping. Sleeping is the best.
    :lol: Okay, nothing wrong with video games at home (hey, I have an N64, super high tech because the controller has the rumble stick attachment). I guess I meant it's a lot better than sitting at home all the time playing video games 15 hours a day. ;)

(Chadwick, it's a PlayStation 4, which I think is the newest version of the PlayStation gaming console)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • It is better to be outdoors in general than inside all day -- agree. It is not better to be so engrossed in this game that we see example after example of foolish people causing chaos by walking into traffic, running around the Holocaust Museum and the Louvre collecting fucking Pokemon.

Agree, it is not the game's fault. It is some of the people.
    (Be they sports fans (us stupid lemmings), backward hat wearing guys, or skinny jean, no job having, bearded disappointments.)
    ;)
    My hat only goes backwards if it's a fitted hat and I'm sweating. I don't wear skinny jeans though...I'm bear shaped.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Agree on hat backward if fitted. Doesn't bother me if someone thinks I am an idiot for doing this.

Agree on hat backward if fitted. Doesn't bother me if someone thinks I am an idiot for doing this.

What if someone just thinks you're an idiot?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Gym Bro > Frat Douche > Hipsters
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

My hat only goes backwards if it's a fitted hat and I'm sweating. I don't wear skinny jeans though...I'm bear shaped.

....sweatin' to the oldies.
  • dankind said:

Agree on hat backward if fitted. Doesn't bother me if someone thinks I am an idiot for doing this.

I might be inclined to agree with them some days. Try not to take myself too seriously.

dankind said:

I might be inclined to agree with them some days. Try not to take myself too seriously.
    How could you, with a backward hat on and all?