Anser about this pocemon thing

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If you are a sports fan and you talk shit about Pokemon Go, you are a huge hypocrite. You sit in front of a screen and watch someone else play games, you file into stadiums like herds of lemmings to watch someone else do what you can't/won't, and you act like zombies when immersed in your virtual experience. The only difference is that Pokemon Go players are actually playing their game, and they aren't sitting on the couch to do it.

For those that "just don't get it", it's a scavenger/treasure hunt, what's not to get about that?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:

If you are a sports fan and you talk shit about Pokemon Go, you are a huge hypocrite. You sit in front of a screen and watch someone else play games, you file into stadiums like herds of lemmings to watch someone else do what you can't/won't, and you act like zombies when immersed in your virtual experience. The only difference is that Pokemon Go players are actually playing their game, and they aren't sitting on the couch to do it.

For those that "just don't get it", it's a scavenger/treasure hunt, what's not to get about that?

Hi, gambo. While I'm not a sports fan, I get what you're saying and I also get the premise of the game. THAT, in and of itself, I don't have a problem with.

It's always the idiots who ruin it. Just exercise awareness while your face - and attention - are planted in your phone. I've had people walk into me while talking or texting. Screw that! Play your game but don't be rude to or inconsiderate of others while doing so (and also please don't fucking drive in the process).
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I see a bunch of Pokemon players sitting in their car seats speeding through our community park while my kids are playing sports.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    I live near a Pokemon gym and my work place is a Poke-stop. Non stop parade of people Pokemoning.
    At least some of them are getting outside who might not otherwise.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    This is for kids and hipsters.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Yeah, most I see speeding thru the park are the bearded hipster types
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Yeah, most I see speeding thru the park are the bearded hipster types
    I bet they reek of Patchouli as well.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Isnt the bearded hipster thing ready to jump the shark yet? C'mon it has been years already -- looking like Grizzly Adams is not a cool thing.
    Bearded person older than 20 + Pokemon Go = hilarious. Bearded Person older than 30 + Pokemon Go = pee your pants hilarious.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    rgambs said:

I agree with Empty. Perhaps if this game was just confined to on foot, I wouldn't be as irritated. As with texting, put the phone down and watch what you are doing. Is it too much to ask people to just drive when they are driving?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Malroth said:

Listening to 720 outta Chicago and they stated the Holocaust Museum had to ban Pokemon.
    Is it okay to laugh?

:lol: Yes
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    rgambs said:

Try telling that to Steve Bartman.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Be a fuckin' man and shave your face.
    Also, I'd fuck that snake up.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    edited July 2016
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

Hi, gambo. While I'm not a sports fan, I get what you're saying and I also get the premise of the game. THAT, in and of itself, I don't have a problem with.

It's always the idiots who ruin it. Just exercise awareness while your face - and attention - are planted in your phone. I've had people walk into me while talking or texting. Screw that! Play your game but don't be rude to or inconsiderate of others while doing so (and also please don't fucking drive in the process).
    Yeah, that's the thing. I think playing the game is just fine - it seems like a fairly positive thing overall. But Pokemon Go players are still subject to the same expectation as anyone else: Don't be an idiot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Went on a date today and guess what, he turned out to be a Pokemon Go player and played the game while we were dating. Guess if I'm going to ever see him again...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • bluegrace said:

Went on a date today and guess what, he turned out to be a Pokemon Go player and played the game while we were dating. Guess if I'm going to ever see him again...

:lol:
    This is what I mean. Work to try and make a connection with someone (and possibly a union ;) ) or play your stupid walkabout game while on a date. Tough choice.
    Did you wash today and everything? (jk, I am sure it was him. Who in the hell plays Pokethemon on a date?)
    Can I ask how old he was? Did he have a beard? Skinny jeans?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

bluegrace said:

This is what I mean. Work to try and make a connection with someone (and possibly a union ;) ) or play your stupid walkabout game while on a date. Tough choice.
    Did you wash today and everything? (jk, I am sure it was him. Who in the hell plays Pokethemon on a date?)
    Did he have a manbun?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    going on a date & playing pokemon means you're still a child & an ass
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    skinny jeans guys playing pokemon might should be slapped around a bit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

bluegrace said:

Might have been a test. He wanted to meet someone who would play Pokemon Go with him. bluegrace failed the test. :lol:
    If I was on a date I'd be hunting Pokemon too.... Pokemon being another name for "happy parts"
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    bluegrace said:

Soooo....you're still available? :smirk:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

If I was on a date I'd be hunting Pokemon too.... Pokemon being another name for "happy parts"

Pokémon are furry little things, right?
    Hobbes said:

The one's from the 70's are
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Hobbes said:

Empty, those were not "furry".
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    hedonist said:

Hobbes said:

Empty, those were not "furry".
    There is a character named Bushoo.

(I hate myself a little more for looking that up.)

Poke Blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Hahaha sure, that makes sense.
    Scrape your face with a blade every day so you look more androgynous and fit in, that will make you a man lol
    I saw an article today about how business owners are using the game to draw people to their businesses. They pay whatever amount (as individual players just like anyone else - it's not like the game company is specifically selling deals to businesses... yet), get one of these virtual Pokemon things in their business or in front of it, and just sit back and watch them come. It's especially useful to those with businesses that are a bit out of the way. I am not sure if I think this is good or not. I guess it is if we're talking small businesses. I don't feel good about employees of Wal-mart or something fucking doing it, which they probably are. But hey, whatchya gonna do?

Isnt the bearded hipster thing ready to jump the shark yet? C'mon it has been years already -- looking like Grizzly Adams is not a cool thing.
    Bearded person older than 20 + Pokemon Go = hilarious. Bearded Person older than 30 + Pokemon Go = pee your pants hilarious.

Some people prefer to look natural, you think you are cooler than they are, and since you look like all the other other ex-frat guys you must be right!

The beard hatred is just pathetic around here, and while I am sitting in my pissy pants, I will go ahead and throw it out there that this little AET clique is not nearly as funny as it's constituents seem to think they are.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    rgambs said:

Hahaha sure, that makes sense.
    Scrape your face with a blade every day so you look more androgynous and fit in, that will make you a man lol
    Who said every day there, Paul Bunyon?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.