Anser about this pocemon thing

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited July 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Whats going on??
I. read in social media andout pocemon or bitching about pocemon
What is this all about??i dont have a clue

Give me some anser!!
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by dimitrispearljam on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    Pokemon unreal my son use to collect the cards when he was 10 yrs old now his 22 and they are running around town looking for trophies lol unreal ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I had a coworker spend all day yesterday collecting these lil dudes that pop up. Took a picture of me at lunch with one sitting next to me. She couldn't help with anything else, but she collected 12 in 2 hours. Hmmmm. My husband's park has been invaded by teenagers giving total disregard to trails. Going off trail and all kinds of places that they don't belong. They get stung or bit, the park will get sued.

Not a fan.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Pokémon is a game where players are using a map of their actual location to find and "collect" these little creatures. The problem is that people are walking around like zombies staring at their phones instead of worrying about their surroundings, causing safety hazards (like when crossing the street, near water, and even driving!). It's making people more obsessed with their phones than usual, which seemed hard to do.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Pokémon is a game where players are using a map of their actual location to find and "collect" these little creatures. The problem is that people are walking around like zombies staring at their phones instead of worrying about their surroundings, causing safety hazards (like when crossing the street, near water, and even driving!). It's making people more obsessed with their phones than usual, which seemed hard to do.

So true! Had a guy walk into a ditch the other day,, what had he been doing? Playing that stupid game! Oh well. Their life.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Look at it this way, there are more people using that stupid app than on Tinder now. This younger generation instead of procreating and adding more stupid people to this planet are to wrapped up in that game to try and hook up with other young dumb people. This may be a good thing.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Look at it this way, there are more people using that stupid app than on Tinder now. This younger generation instead of procreating and adding more stupid people to this planet are to wrapped up in that game to try and hook up with other young dumb people. This may be a good thing.

Darwinism in action...I hope.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

Oh its a game at mobile..and people walk and look at their phones,like their real life is like in a map in the phone??wtf
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

What is tinder??

Oh its a game at mobile..and people walk and look at their phones,like their real life is like in a map in the phone??wtf
    I'm guessing Google information is limited in Greece =)
    hedonist said:

I'm guessing Google information is limited in Greece =)
    Haha..i was at work and buzy search actually and i check facebook and twitter snd all posts was about it or bitch about it..i was like wtf is goimg on??lol
  • What is happening is a full display of idiocy.
    Hopefully nobody walks into traffic chasing these things.

Agree on the Darwin approach but that would be sad.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    F Me, I told my husband that with so many close calls around numbnut drivers focused on their phone, it's just a matter of time before I (unintentionally, of course) plow into one of them as they walk into traffic.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    it already has more users than Twitter. i suspect it will slow quickly though. put me in the i don't get it group though. i mean adults have nothing better to do than this, really?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    pjhawks said:

it already has more users than Twitter. i suspect it will slow quickly though. put me in the i don't get it group though. i mean adults have nothing better to do than this, really?

Yeah, I really hope this goes away soon because it is so damn annoying. And I'm right with you in the I don't get it group...seems pretty ridiculous.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Why now don't u pokemonning?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    edited July 2016
    grown adults playing a mobile game to kill time: do they have nothing better to do!?
    grown adults waiting in line for 3+ hours for a pearl jam poster and sticker: COOL MAN!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    it's a fad, just like angry birds & candy crush. it will die out.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Let me add some perspective. I am 25 years old and the original gameboy pokemon games came out "Red, Blue, and Yellow versions" came out when i was 6 or 7. I remember many car rides when my brother and I were allowed to play pokemon. I was only allowed to play in the car, so the road trip to South Dakota and back was great!

Fast forward to a couple months ago when I heard about this game. I thought it was a stupid idea. I was against spending time on your phone while outside. I am against spending time on your phone while hanging out with friends. I am against people walking around without situational awareness and driving with their phones.

I downloaded the app because I was hanging out with a friend that downloaded it. We walked around her neighborhood and caught some pokemon. The little kid in me came out, and it was a total nostalgia trip. Much of the knowledge I had about these things I was able to remember and use for the game now. I was getting some exercise, replaying my childhood, enjoying the nice weather and sunset in a park with a friend, and we were playing pokemon. It completely changed my mindset about the notions I had a couple months ago. (I still hate that people are driving while using it... but that's a different point.)

We decided to head into the nearest city to try to catch other types. After 3 miles of walking and seeing parts of the city that I have never had a reason to go walk around and see, we met up with about 15 other random people playing Pokemon. We were all hanging out, telling stories about our old games, or about how we caught a pokemon over by a specific location, etc. I was surprised as shit that this game was able to help me make that connection with these random people.

I want to end by saying that I am not a gamer. I don't own a playstation. I don't own an xbox. I don't play computer games (except for chess, does that even count?). This game has the right combination of nostalgia, fun, exercise, and socializing that has made it a success. I do see it declining in success quickly, but for now I am playing it.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    rival. said:

grown adults playing a mobile game to kill time: do they have nothing better to do!?
    grown adults waiting in line for 3+ hours for a pearl jam poster and sticker: COOL MAN!

But, there's a difference between being fairly stationary for a period of time, vs walking around oblivious to other people, traffic, sidewalks, ditches, etc.

Want to put yourself in danger? Great!

Want to put me in danger because you can't be arsed to pay attention to what's going on in your vicinity?

Nope...screw you!

(and Frankie, I was never into Pokeman but I do get your nostalgic interaction with it...just please don't be one of THEM!)
    pjhawks said:

more than twitter??wow

Why now don't u pokemonning?

hahaha
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    hedonist said:

rival. said:

But, there's a difference between being fairly stationary for a period of time, vs walking around oblivious to other people, traffic, sidewalks, ditches, etc.

Want to put yourself in danger? Great!

Want to put me in danger because you can't be arsed to pay attention to what's going on in your vicinity?

Nope...screw you!

(and Frankie, I was never into Pokeman but I do get your nostalgic interaction with it...just please don't be one of THEM!)
    It's a pretty simple concept. Don't use your phone while driving for anything. Pokemon included. I am not one of the idiots :wink:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,008
    edited July 2016
    Police are also issuing warnings because criminals are targeting players.
    edited July 2016
    Sea said:

Police are also issuing warnings because criminals are targeting players.

http://www.local10.com/news/weird-news/pokmon-go-player-stabbed-keeps-playing

i have no words
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pokemon: Catch them all.
    PJ stickers: Collect them all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Jesus, I didn't think people could become even more self-absorbed.
  • The fact that this crap is a few google clicks away baffles.
    You asked for it -- I give you Jesus and Pokemon....and a Jesus song, sung to the Pokemon theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0kRJX_jR4
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    go get 'em pikachu, you goofy little bastard. i was informed the other day this is pikachu, a type of pokemon, not strictly pokemon like i had thought. i'll be damned. either way pikachu/pokemon are squirrely little shits

& have a nice day

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790

The fact that this crap is a few google clicks away baffles.
    You asked for it -- I give you Jesus and Pokemon....and a Jesus song, sung to the Pokemon theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0kRJX_jR4

Does FSM have a Pokemon song?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle