Options

Jill Stein for President

Comments

• Options
    ^^^
    Don't know if you're trolling right now or not.
    However, getting a mass of people to give you money for no reason other than blind faith is very Hitlerish.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

^^^
    However, getting a mass of people to give you money for no reason other than blind faith is very Hitlerish.

how is that in any way, shape, or form, like hitler?

just because people are tossing around hitler/trump comparisons, you can't just throw one back that makes absolutely zero sense.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

^^^

Hitler and his little-known philanthropic period.

^^^

just because people are tossing around hitler/trump comparisons, you can't just throw one back that makes absolutely zero sense.
    Of course he can, and regularly does. Just find the amusement value in it, HFD. As for myself, that post got me wondering if in fact Hitler did have masses of people giving him money, which led to me googling topics like "Hitler fundraising" and "Nazi philanthropy". Just typing it made me laugh*. Since hewillneverleave, might as well laugh at it.

(*post not meant to imply any endorsement of Hitler...)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

^^^

^^^

Of course he can, and regularly does. Just find the amusement value in it, HFD. As for myself, that post got me wondering if in fact Hitler did have masses of people giving him money, which led to me googling topics like "Hitler fundraising" and "Nazi philanthropy". Just typing it made me laugh*. Since hewillneverleave, might as well laugh at it.

"nazi philanthropy"! LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

^^^

^^^

"nazi philanthropy"! LOL
    "Hitler - The Not-for-Profit Years"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

^^^

^^^

"nazi philanthropy"! LOL
    "Hitler - The Not-for-Profit Years"
    Priceless =)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited December 2016

^^^
    Peoples hard earned money going to her pipe dream does damage.

They are donating their money for a specific thing. They know what is being done with the money, and know that results are not guaranteed. Her pipe dream is their pipe dream. It damages nobody.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    her fault ➡ Stein

has Dean ever admitted he too was once DNC railroaded? 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    edited August 2017

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    next time i see that name, it better have word 'indicted' in the same sentence. she's a quack and a crook.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:
    next time i see that name, it better have word 'indicted' in the same sentence. she's a quack and a crook.
    Yeah, I think people who are suspected of a crime should be thrown to the lions before they are convicted.  Why not?  Saves a lot of time and money and, besides, it's so much fun watching them scream and bleed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

vaggar99 said:
    Yeah, I think people who are suspected of a crime should be thrown to the lions before they are convicted.  Why not?  Saves a lot of time and money and, besides, it's so much fun watching them scream and bleed.
    simple enough. let's do it
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

vaggar99 said:
    Sure, or we could pretend to be civilized and wait for a verdict.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

vaggar99 said:
    i like your first idea better. 
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

vaggar99 said:
    i like your first idea better. 
    Why am I not surprised?  :lol:

• Options
    l will say this, if Stein is proven beyond doubt to be guilty, I will not defend her.   I hope she is not guilty but these days, who knows? We live in such an absurd world, nothing surprises me anymore.  Welcome to "The King of Hearts" World, 2017/2018 version.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    l will say this, if Stein is proven beyond doubt to be guilty, I will not defend her.   I hope she is not guilty but these days, who knows? We live in such an absurd world, nothing surprises me anymore.  Welcome to "The King of Hearts" World, 2017/2018 version.
    thats why i used the word indicted and not gassed. 
  • Options
    I'm getting to the point where I don't trust any politicians any more.  Sad, sad, sad. :frowning:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm getting to the point where I don't trust any politicians any more.  Sad, sad, sad. :frowning:
    i basically don't trust humans anymore.
  • Options
    10,000 years from now, will anyone of this matter?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    Unless you can see into the future

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    the green party needs a new face.  even without the shady russian stuff... stein failed miserably in 2016.  the movement regressed, and that was with a poor candidate vs a reality show troll.  the party hit its ceiling with stein at the front of it.

i had to turn off notifications from her facebook.  way too frequent, pointless, and annoying.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Unless you can see into the future

well, i have a pretty good track record with that actually.  Very Trumpian thing to say....
    probably had too much wine last night, but my gut tells me humanity will be facing a completely different set of dilemmas in that time.  Collusion with "foreign" governments will likely be a laughable and petty blip in ancient history.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    brianlux said:
    Wait.....there was a time when you did trust politicians?

Wow!
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Wait.....there was a time when you did trust politicians?

Wow!
    Yes, one in particular- California Senator Alan Cranston.  Cranston was on the forefront of creating federally protected wild lands and open spaces.  In my 30's, I wrote him a letter outlining my concerns and hopes.  He replied with a full, two-page single-spaced typed letter responding to all my my concerns (I still have that letter).  This was a personalized letter, not a form letter.  I would be hard-pressed today to find someone at the level in office who shows as concern and interest in his or her constituents as Senator Cranston did.  And we are in a time when this kind of leadership is needed more than ever!

• Options
    Another one:  Tom Hayden who served in the CA State Assembly from 1982 to 1992 and State Senate from 1992 to 2000.  I met Mr. Hayden twice and was impressed by his active concern.  The second time I met him was just a few years ago.  He was in the CA capitol building in a wheel chair, still working hard to make a difference when he could have been on the beach sipping on a cold beverage.  Quite a gentleman and a hard working, honest politician.

• Options
    Jill Stein's FB post today:

Welcome to the Fireside Chat! Tonight we’re talking about the Russia investigation and how we can defend our democracy from the bipartisan crackdown on our Constitutional rights.
    The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence has requested documents from our campaign relevant to their investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election. At least that’s what they told us. But when they talked to the press, the charge had escalated to investigating our campaign for “collusion with the Russians”.
    We are cooperating with the committee, but we weren’t born yesterday. While interference in our elections is something we take seriously, sensationalism, politicizing and ulterior motives tarnish the process and pose a serious threat. The investigation must not be allowed to become a tool for intimidating and silencing political opposition to the two corporate political parties.
    This investigation - which Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Glenn Greenwald likened to the dark days of McCarthyism - is happening in the context of a bipartisan campaign to control information, criminalize dissent, and silence principled opposition to the political establishment. Join the conversation!

OK, let's put the lions back in their cages for now (better yet, let them loose on the Serengeti) and wait to see how this shakes out.

• Options
    So is Jill Stein parroting the Kremlin or Trump in her comments playing down meddling?
    And If there is a difference between the 2 surely the doctor will know?
  • Options
    All of this is more distraction from the fact that neither major party has their shit together.  I don't hold out much hope at this point for a good future presidency unless by some miracle someone like Elizabeth Warren runs and wins (not likely).