Options

Jill Stein for President

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    PJPOWER said:

brianlux said:

polaris_x said:

the reality is that the majority of people can vote for jill stein without any real consequence ... only the people in swing states need to decide if voting strategically is something they want to do ...

That makes sense.

Either way, I'm so disgusted with the whole mess. Trump is a joke. Clinton is almost as bad. I'm voting for Stein.
    Doesn't look like you are alone.
    https://youtu.be/nUOtnHcQ7FI
    Right on. Good to see Cornell West on there.

Go Stein!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2016
    I am still having trouble believing that anyone thinks that Hillary is "almost as bad" as Trump in terms of who is the next POTUS (since it's going to be one of them). I don't think it's even remotely close, and I don't like her.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

I am still having trouble believing that anyone thinks that Hillary is "almost as bad" as Trump in terms of who is the next POTUS (since it's going to be one of them). I don't think it's even remotely close, and I don't like her.

Really...I think many people think he's better than her, neither is really worthy of being the next POTUS.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Really...I think many people think he's better than her, neither is really worthy of being the next POTUS.
    Agreed. I think it's a moot point. Like falling 200 feet onto concrete or 180 feet. Either way, splat!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. I think it's a moot point. Like falling 200 feet onto concrete or 180 feet. Either way, splat!
    Good for you for sticking to your principal and voting for the candidate who best fits your philosophy.

Somehow you guys ended up with your choices as Trump or Clinton .... argh, I still think a trump presidency would be a hoot, talk about a man with no filter, sure says some crazy ass shit, hahaha.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Good for you for sticking to your principal and voting for the candidate who best fits your philosophy.

Somehow you guys ended up with your choices as Trump or Clinton .... argh, I still think a trump presidency would be a hoot, talk about a man with no filter, sure says some crazy ass shit, hahaha.
    I actually went back and forth there for a while but the thought of voting yet again for someone I can't really back just didn't hold up for me. I thought to myself, "Shoot, life's to short. Do what you believe and feel. You might not get another chance."

Some of my friends have strongly suggested to me that a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump. I listened and strongly considered their words. It's been on my mind a lot for weeks. I appreciate their concern and position that way. But in the end, I have to do what feels right. To my thinking a vote for Stein is a vote for Stein.

In any case, beyond all the politics, I completely agree with Edward Abbey when he said: "I would never betray a friend so serve a cause. Never reject a friend to serve an institution. Great nations may fall in ruin before I would sell* a friend to save them."

*I believe he meant sell as in sell-off or sell-out.

Right on E.A.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    That thing about being a Bernie supporter Brian, and we really hold Bernie's integrity to heart and believe what he said to be true. It makes us all have more integrity ourselves especially with our votes.

:bow:
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Why are you deciding who to vote for now? There's still over 3 months until election day. A lot cold happen in that time.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I completely agree with Edward Abbey when he said: "I would never betray a friend so serve a cause. Never reject a friend to serve an institution. Great nations may fall in ruin before I would sell* a friend to save them."

Bernie doesn't believe this.
    Try explaining that to is ex followers.
  • Options
    Free said:

That thing about being a Bernie supporter Brian, and we really hold Bernie's integrity to heart and believe what he said to be true. It makes us all have more integrity ourselves especially with our votes.

I was very unhappy with Bernie when he threw his support to HRC but I think I get it now. And I'm very certain that when the smoke has cleared, he will still be a voice worth listening to. We are lucky to have him. No doubt about it.

• Options

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I completely agree with Edward Abbey when he said: "I would never betray a friend so serve a cause. Never reject a friend to serve an institution. Great nations may fall in ruin before I would sell* a friend to save them."

Bernie doesn't believe this.
    Try explaining that to is ex followers.
    Oh, for sure, a lot of people don't believe that. People sell their friends for a cause, for a buck, for a god all the time. If we taught Abbey's words to kids, what they mean, why the count, I bet there would be fewer sell offs. A lot fewer.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I could not disagree more. Trump is a much much worse prospect.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I could not disagree more. Trump is a much much worse prospect.
    He's a ridiculously bad choice but what does that make America if he wins? But I still don't see it happening. I really just don't.

Also, I'm not in a swing state so that makes it easier to vote for Stein. In fact, it almost seems like a responsibility to do so. Does that make sense?

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I actually went back and forth there for a while but the thought of voting yet again for someone I can't really back just didn't hold up for me. I thought to myself, "Shoot, life's to short. Do what you believe and feel. You might not get another chance."

Some of my friends have strongly suggested to me that a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump. I listened and strongly considered their words. It's been on my mind a lot for weeks. I appreciate their concern and position that way. But in the end, I have to do what feels right. To my thinking a vote for Stein is a vote for Stein.

In any case, beyond all the politics, I completely agree with Edward Abbey when he said: "I would never betray a friend so serve a cause. Never reject a friend to serve an institution. Great nations may fall in ruin before I would sell* a friend to save them."

Right on E.A.

you live in california ... no chance trump wins california ... he'd be lucky to get 35% ...
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Free said:

I was very unhappy with Bernie when he threw his support to HRC but I think I get it now. And I'm very certain that when the smoke has cleared, he will still be a voice worth listening to. We are lucky to have him. No doubt about it.
    i'd say that there's a good chunk of people voting for clinton because of trump ... not because they believe she is the best candidate ...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    polaris_x said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

i'd say that there's a good chunk of people voting for clinton because of trump ... not because they believe she is the best candidate ...
    It's all about fear man. So many people are wrapped up in fear that if they vote they vote with fear. There's also several who vote with fear of a Clinton presidency.

My God, just look at these threads from the past couple months. I have been berated numerous times for not voting for Clinton because the sky is falling and Trump might win.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

polaris_x said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

It's all about fear man. So many people are wrapped up in fear that if they vote they vote with fear. There's also several who vote with fear of a Clinton presidency.

My God, just look at these threads from the past couple months. I have been berated numerous times for not voting for Clinton because the sky is falling and Trump might win.
    Living in fear is so futile. Be pissed, be concerned, be motivated, but fear- no. Besides, if our fears were rational, wouldn't most people vote for a candidate most likely to help create better conditions for their own lives and wouldn't they vote for the candidate most concerned about an environment that is on target to become inhospitable for most human life? Voting for people who are strongly tied to corporate wealth will not alleviate those fears. Neither Trump nor Clinton will do enough to solve the problems that the average person faces.

It's difficult to not judge people by whom they vote for. One of my relatives is going to vote for Trump. But I actually like the guy. He would give me the shirt off his back in a tight spot. He's a great dad. He spent his career as a fire fighter. As a family man and a friend, he's hard to beat. I hate it that he is going to vote for Trump but I will not hate him FOR voting for Trump. That would be shallow and pathetic on my part.

• Options
    the dude in the above video that said ... sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we can rise up nailed it on the head ... there is a fundamental flaw with governance in the US ...

revolution
  • Options
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Right on E.A.

California will not likely vote Trump? Am I correct in this assumption? If so, then you should be safe voting your conscious...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Right on E.A.

California will not likely vote Trump? Am I correct in this assumption? If so, then you should be safe voting your conscious...
    Calif. is strongly Hillary country. I live in hill country so I'm going with Stein, haha. Yeah, I think it's a safe vote.

I'm lucky. Being in a swing state would make the decision far more difficult.

• Options
    polaris_x said:

the dude in the above video that said ... sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we can rise up nailed it on the head ... there is a fundamental flaw with governance in the US ...

revolution

For sure, sad but true.

• Options
    polaris_x said:

revolution

For sure.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    i def have the hots for jill
  • Options
    Nina Turner weighing offer to join Green Party ticket as vice presidential candidate

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/07/nina_turner_weighing_offer_to.html
  • Options
    what does she need to do to get on the tv debates?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    polaris_x said:

She has to have 15% support across 5 national polls to be included.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

polaris_x said:

That would be fantastic! Just to have her get the opportunity to voice a green/rational perspective on things!

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:

jeffbr said:

polaris_x said:

That would be fantastic! Just to have her get the opportunity to voice a green/rational perspective on things!
    I wish the debates were more inclusive so that we could have different perspectives. My candidate, Gary Johnson, has been edging closer to making the cut, but the 15% / 5 polls bar is actually pretty high for a 3rd party in our current 2-party system, so I'm afraid we get to watch more of the same two parties with their stale ideas talk about hope and change without offering any.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ^^^Yeah, I would like to see Gary Johnson in the debates as well.

• Options
    jeffbr said:

polaris_x said:

thanks ... that's not gonna happen ... especially in the year of trump ... same goes for Johnson as well ...