Options

**THE OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS CARDINALS BASEBALL THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Wobbie said:

Hopefully we haven't lost Holliday for the year. Let's hope Waino brings his 'A' game this afternoon!

I have no idea what happened, but his slide on scutaro in '12 was very bad cosmic juju :nuh_uh:
    Unintentionally hit by a pitch. I do think know why, but I always like Holliday he always seemed to play the game the right way.
    Sucks the way the fans her are turning on him and not wanting the team to exercise his option next year...always been a Holliday fan but I think his days are done here

Cards finding ways to win with the youth on this team...Reyes looking good

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Winning streak! Carlos looking sharp today & decidedly more mature. Gotta keep winning if we want in come October.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited August 2016
    Stanton out for Miami certainly hurts them in the wild card race.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    pjalive21 said:

Wobbie said:

Hopefully we haven't lost Holliday for the year. Let's hope Waino brings his 'A' game this afternoon!

I have no idea what happened, but his slide on scutaro in '12 was very bad cosmic juju :nuh_uh:
    Unintentionally hit by a pitch. I do think know why, but I always like Holliday he always seemed to play the game the right way.
    Sucks the way the fans her are turning on him and not wanting the team to exercise his option next year...always been a Holliday fan but I think his days are done here

The fans have always been too hard on Holliday. I'm not gonna say I've never chimed in, but he's been a big stabilizing presence since Pujols exit. It might be time to move on, but I wouldn't be too upset if he'll return the loyalty the Cards showed him.

Definitely loving the youth on the team. I'd like to see them make a decent splash in the offseason, but they'll have a really good time if they could kick the injury bug they've had these last couple years.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

pjalive21 said:

Wobbie said:

The fans have always been too hard on Holliday. I'm not gonna say I've never chimed in, but he's been a big stabilizing presence since Pujols exit. It might be time to move on, but I wouldn't be too upset if he'll return the loyalty the Cards showed him.

Definitely loving the youth on the team. I'd like to see them make a decent splash in the offseason, but they'll have a really good time if they could kick the injury bug they've had these last couple years.
    Me and you are on the exact same page about Holliday, I always found myself having to defend him when his numbers spoke for themselves since coming to this team. Everyone gets wrapped up on homeruns and I never saw him as a power hitter but a line drive hitter...I hope they bring him back for all that he has done on and especially off the field here in this city

After seeing the youth perform definitely excited for the future of this team and when the new tv deal kicks in after next season I see us making a splash considering the '18 Class is going to be deep

As far as the rest of this year with the Dodgers and Marlins being struck with the injury bug we have a chance with the Wild Card

• Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    thank goodness for the extra Wild Card spot or Matheny's playoff appearance streak could be at jeopardy
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

thank goodness for the extra Wild Card spot or Matheny's playoff appearance streak could be at jeopardy

It is in jeopardy..
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

It is in jeopardy..
    I've lost faith in winning the division at this point unless the cubbies tank...
  • Options

It is in jeopardy..
    I've lost faith in winning the division at this point unless the cubbies tank...
    That's what I'm saying. They are only 2 games up in the second wild card hunt. They could easily lose that.
  • Options

It is in jeopardy..
    Blowing a 13 game division lead would be the monumental collapse since ???
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Jedd has been on fire, Matheny can't keep him out of the line up.
  • Options
    great late come from behind win for the Red Birds!
  • Options
    Shutout! Best road team in MLB! #happyflight
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Let's put those Mets out of the race a little further starting tonight! Go Redbirds!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ugh, Garcia had another bad night and Cards are back to losing at home. Too many pitches high in the zone. Not ok in MLB and the Mets made Garcia pay for it. Carpenter should be back batting lead off, but with Holliday out, someone has to fill that 3 spot. Damn.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Ugh, Garcia had another bad night and Cards are back to losing at home. Too many pitches high in the zone. Not ok in MLB and the Mets made Garcia pay for it. Carpenter should be back batting lead off, but with Holliday out, someone has to fill that 3 spot. Damn.

No reason piscotty can't hit 3rd.
  • Options

No reason piscotty can't hit 3rd.
    Yeah, that reason is Matheny. Guy frustrates the hell out of me sometimes - he'll sit too long on particular lineups (and pitchers).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Had a dream the other night - made WC, drew Cubs. Beat Cubs.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I take it we were on the road for all the games? ha

and yes Matheny's lineups drive me nuts...why do you bat Peralta in the clean up spot? guy cant hit a beach ball right now

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

I take it we were on the road for all the games? ha

and yes Matheny's lineups drive me nuts...why do you bat Peralta in the clean up spot? guy cant hit a beach ball right now

Haha! Yep!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ugh, the Turdinals showed up in Cincy last night. Can't load the bases 4x in a game and expect to come out with a win.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wow, 3 homers in the 9th?!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    This is the kind of team the Cardinals are - scrappy fighters to the last. If they can keep the lead I think any NL team would be scared to draw them. Lots and lots and lots of HRs....if the pitching can get itself sorted out in time, hmmmmm. We could make a serious run again this year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    No clinching at Busch - its the little things...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Saving it for Wrigley :wink:
  • Options

I think Matheny managed that game like he did pulling Garcia so they wouldn't clinch in St. Louis...Speaking of Garcia can we finally say he is a goner? If it wasn't for him being left handed he would have been gone a long time ago

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

I think Matheny managed that game like he did pulling Garcia so they wouldn't clinch in St. Louis...Speaking of Garcia can we finally say he is a goner? If it wasn't for him being left handed he would have been gone a long time ago

Ah man! I really thought he could turn it around. He was super fuckin' solid early on but fell to pieces. I don't think they'll keep him - not after hanging on to him for so long. Matheny's stick-to-itness with these pitchers DRIVES ME UP THE WALL.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

And that's as it should be mate. You guys are the fucking team to beat this year. Pains me to say it, but hey, you all come around every 10 years or so, so why not! :wink:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

And that's as it should be mate. You guys are the fucking team to beat this year. Pains me to say it, but hey, you all come around every 10 years or so, so why not! :wink:
    Actually its every 100 years or so.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

I rooted for the Cards in the WS five years ago against Texas... there's gotta be some good karma in that, no?