• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    edited September 2016
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Amazing that the media lets Clinton and Trump lie away and when someone is honest, they are immediately disqualified to be POTUS.

When they're honest about how they don't know the basics when it comes to Seria and what's happening with ISIS? I think that matters. Anyway, Johnson isn't becoming President in any case. He knows it and we know it. He's just using this election to further his own political standing.
    I feel the other two goombas have had much greater gaffes and the media doesn't declare them unfit to serve. Plus, military expansion isn't high on his to-do list.
    Sorry? You don't think the media has declared Trump and Clinton unfit to serve?????? Have you been avoiding the media for the past 4 months?
    There were / are media outlets that will defend or deflate any piece of monkey poop that flies out of Trump or Clinton. The knives came out for Johnson across the media spectrum.

Have u been avoiding the media for the past 4 months??????? (ha ... one more ?, sucka)
    The knives? I think you are being overly dramatic. He is a libertarian who has no chance in hell of being President and the media is simply pointing out that he is an uninformed candidate (not that Trump isn't as well, but yeah, the media is biased).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Although Sanders endorsed Clinton - he is still putting country and out democracy first, or it could just be that Johnson would take away votes from the bigger pile of shit candidate.

http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id5118
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    I really wish Johnson would get his shit together and siphon some votes from trump, but not knowing what Aleppo is is pretty inexcusable.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The Koch brother was VP nominee of this party. Tells us all we need to know.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Pretty hilarious:

GARY JOHNSON: If I had to choose between Clinton and Trump with a gun to my head, I'd 'let it go off'

You're not alone on this one, Johnson.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

I really wish Johnson would get his shit together and siphon some votes from trump, but not knowing what Aleppo is is pretty inexcusable.

I've been saying the same thing.

side note: A Johnson/Trump debate would be comedy gold. Idiot America would think they are a smart pair.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

side note: A Johnson/Trump debate would be comedy gold. Idiot America would think they are a smart pair.
    And what would intellectual America think is a smart pair?
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Smellyman said:

Doesn't really matter. Idiot America would despise a smart pair because they would feel like a smart pair is lecturing or talking down to them. Idiot America likes their pandering to be done at a 4th grade level, which is why they love trump.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I'd still take him over Trumpary but I've thought less of him with Aleppo and TPP of late. Stein all the way.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2016
    What's Aleppo?? :giggle:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

George Soros owns the Democrats. You see a difference?
  • Options
    unsung said:

George Soros owns the Democrats. You see a difference?
    When did Soros run for VP?

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    As if a VP has any influence.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    unsung said:

What about Dick Cheney?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

unsung said:

What about Dick Cheney?
    Or George Bush? Or Lincoln's vp? Or garfield's?

• Options
    unsung said:

Yes, Biden has zero influence. President of the Senate has zero influence or responsibility. What was I thinking?

• Options
    And let's not forget about LBJ. No influence there at all.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Jesus christ he couldn't name ONE foreign leader in his town hall tonight. That's just stupid on a Trumpian level.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Smellyman said:

Noam Chomsky's bollocks.
  • Options

Jesus christ he couldn't name ONE foreign leader in his town hall tonight. That's just stupid on a Trumpian level.

That was unreal not sure how he continues after this gaf .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

That was unreal not sure how he continues after this gaf .
    I like the guy but damn....that's bad. Why in the helll would they let him on the debate stage when he can't answer simple questions.

He really needs to stop smoking weed.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    His biggest liability is that he isn't trained to spin or deflect questions that he isn't prepared to answer.

Hillary would have spun it into another topic because if you name someone, Trump's campaign would accuse you of endorsing the downfalls of that leader.

Trump would have just called him a dummy for asking.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,563
    He needs to stop doubling down on the edibles before these events :dizzy:
  • Options
    Jason P said:

His biggest liability is that he isn't trained to spin or deflect questions that he isn't prepared to answer.

Hillary would have spun it into another topic because if you name someone, Trump's campaign would accuse you of endorsing the downfalls of that leader.

He shouldn't have to spin it. That's his problem.

• Options

Jason P said:

He shouldn't have to spin it. That's his problem.
    He needs to give non-answers or launch into a pre-loaded topics like Hillary.
  • Options
    He is honest and transparent, unlike Hillary
  • Options
    Jason P said:

He is honest and transparent, unlike Hillary

Yeah he honestly has no business running for President.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    It's fine to support Johnson, but let's not spin his deficits into a strength. I would expect a Libertarian to not know boo-squat about international relations. Not getting involved is part of the platform. Do you ask a vegan about the best cut of meat? This small government thing sure is fun and can channel peoples frustration, but don't act surprised when those candidates show their skill set.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631

It's fine to support Johnson, but let's not spin his deficits into a strength. I would expect a Libertarian to not know boo-squat about international relations. Not getting involved is part of the platform. Do you ask a vegan about the best cut of meat? This small government thing sure is fun and can channel peoples frustration, but don't act surprised when those candidates show their skill set.

So from that I assume the Libertarian plan would be to .... what? Just throw out the White House Rolodex on Inauguration Day and dump the international community like a bad date?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    That's a very good question. I would imagine the foreign policy would be to pull out, cut funding, don't get involved, and observe.