Options

Should the US institute a ban on assault weapons.

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    other

I also have the right not to be killed by your guns. The unalienable right to life. That trumps your second amendment.

nothing trumps our 2nd amendment stop being paranoid.

Godfather.

your right to bear arms trumps my right to life?? you have officially lost your fucking mind.

paranoid is thinking everyone in a turban is out to blow you up.
    no, my mind in tact but I seem to be driving you crazy, are you experiencing any delusional thoughts about turtle migration or un-necessary feelings of happiness ?
    it's only a forum man take it easy and have a Xanax .....put the lime in the coconut

Godfather

and out comes the "you need to relax" passive aggressive bullshit. so predictable. no substance. just nonsense.

sometimes I just get tired of your know it all bullshit...and have to realize that you and everybody else are no wiser than the next guy, so what would be the point of getting all ugly all the time ?

Godfather.

Hahaha when a mom nowadays tells her kid "you and everybody else are no wiser than the next guy" it's considered the Pussification of America lol
    :dizzy:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    lolobugg said:

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” HST

this is what I always think of when the godfather lays down his wisdom.

you're too kind, have you had your med's today ?......lets party !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Yes

lolobugg said:

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” HST

Godfather.

I always take mine, how bout you?
    have you have your dosage of Fox News yet?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Yes

Jason P said:

disagree, I agree there should be some laws and back ground checks but have you done the home work to get a fully automatic gun ??? pretty spendy.

Godfather.

And how many mass shootings have occurred due to an automatic gun?????????

????????

????????????
    automatic weapons are already illegal to own unless you do a mountain of paper work and a huge fee not to mention an additional back ground check but that aside mass killing don't happen due to automatic weapons they occur do to people and if a nut case wants to kill he/she will find a way, a little history should tell you that....on top of all that I think this auto gun show is a bunch of bullshit used as a distraction by the government and the media.

Godfather.

History should also tell you that if people don't have access to machine gun style weapons, they won't kill nearly as many people when they do flip out.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Yes
    PJPOWER said:

I also have the right not to be killed by your guns. The unalienable right to life. That trumps your second amendment.

Godfather.

Actually, my right to not die does trump your second amendment. There are many exceptions that Trump many amendments.
    That's a slippery slope. Should my right not to be plagiarized or verbally attacked trump the first amendment? Should I call for a repeal? Apples and oranges I know, but repealing the 2nd could very well put in jeopardy all of the rest.
    I've never called for an appeal of the second amendment. I'm calling for an outright ban on guns that are not meant to be in the hands of civilians.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes

Godfather.

your right to bear arms trumps my right to life?? you have officially lost your fucking mind.

no, my mind in tact but I seem to be driving you crazy, are you experiencing any delusional thoughts about turtle migration or un-necessary feelings of happiness ?
    it's only a forum man take it easy and have a Xanax .....put the lime in the coconut

Godfather

and out comes the "you need to relax" passive aggressive bullshit. so predictable. no substance. just nonsense.

sometimes I just get tired of your know it all bullshit...and have to realize that you and everybody else are no wiser than the next guy, so what would be the point of getting all ugly all the time ?

Godfather.

know it all. ha. that's one thing I have never been called. you are so way off base you have zero clue.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    No
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Godfather.

I always take mine, how bout you?
    have you have your dosage of Fox News yet?
    hahahhahahh yeahhhhhh ! every morning and night......I take the noon hours off LOL !!!

Godfather.

• Options
    No

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

know it all. ha. that's one thing I have never been called. you are so way off base you have zero clue.
    I just did ! and happy to be the first even if I am off base. LOL !

Godfather.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited June 2016
    Yes
    mace1229 said:

callen said:

mace1229 said:

Free said:

pjalive21 said:

Free said:

There are 2 uses for assault weapons.

1. Target practice
    2. To kill

If you're not going to the shooting range why would one own an assault weapon?

You just contradicted your own vote...target practice is enough of a reason

And how many people with "collections" actually go to target practice?
    I would think almost everyone. I have a gun collection and have only ever used any of them for target practice/sport. Same with everyone I know who owns a gun, And with the exception of those in military or law enforcement, target practice is just for fun and not any sort of tactical training. I don't know anyone with a gun collection who doesn't go out and shoot them every once in a while, except maybe those who inherited a couple 100 year old family relics and wouldn't even know how to shoot them, but that's hardly a gun collection in my opinion.
    So your little thrill of a Hobby kills thousands. But fk it you have rights. Fuck everyone else.
    Actually I was answering another question about who actually does target shooting, never made a comment about gun control. But thank you for jumping to conclusions without any real knowledge of the situation. Assault rifles aren't even the real problem, they account for less than 1% of gun deaths. But I'd still support some restrictions on assault rifles. I would agree 100% there is no practical need for large magazines and fast reloading capabilities.
    Sorry to take you off your high horse, but almost everyone has that attitude you accused me of. Second hand smoke kills more every year than guns, but fuck it, you have the right to smoke right? Drunk driving kills more children than guns, but who wants to restrict alcohol right? Lets just ignore all other statistics and accuse anyone who owns a gun of being selfish and having a small penis. And lets not acknowledge the real problem behind gun violence and just focus on assault rifles that will solve nothing.
    Lets not focus on the gangs of Chicago and South Central LA and try to get kids back in school, and harsher penalties for gang involvement, or strict enforcement of gun laws already in place because most gun deaths occur from illegally purchased or carried hand guns because that actually would solve something if we did focus n that. I'm just going to criticize assault rifles and anyone who owns a gun instead because it makes it sound like I care if I do,
    You really think that anyone here thinks that if we ban assault weapons that gun violence will magically disappear? I haven't heard anyone make that argument. It's just one step in many that needs to take place to lessen the collateral damage.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    other

Jason P said:

disagree, I agree there should be some laws and back ground checks but have you done the home work to get a fully automatic gun ??? pretty spendy.

Godfather.

????????

????????????
    automatic weapons are already illegal to own unless you do a mountain of paper work and a huge fee not to mention an additional back ground check but that aside mass killing don't happen due to automatic weapons they occur do to people and if a nut case wants to kill he/she will find a way, a little history should tell you that....on top of all that I think this auto gun show is a bunch of bullshit used as a distraction by the government and the media.

Godfather.

History should also tell you that if people don't have access to machine gun style weapons, they won't kill nearly as many people when they do flip out.
    Do you even know what a machine gun is. Does anyone know that keeps talking about Assault weapons and automatic weapons. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon. One pull one shot, just like a Pistol. I am for tougher laws but not an all out ban. Please educate what you want to ban. I feel like I have the same argument with the Anti Pot people that know nothing too and want to keep that prohibited.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    other

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

Do you even know what a machine gun is. Does anyone know that keeps talking about Assault weapons and automatic weapons. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon. One pull one shot, just like a Pistol. I am for tougher laws but not an all out ban. Please educate what you want to ban. I feel like I have the same argument with the Anti Pot people that know nothing too and want to keep that prohibited.
    Exactly...said this earlier too. How are you going to ban something you know nothing about...
  • Options
    Yes

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

I have smoked pot...
    I have seen what semi-automatic weapons at close range can do to people.

I support legalization of pot.
    I support the ban for semi-automatic weapons.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2016
    Yes
    PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

Exactly...said this earlier too. How are you going to ban something you know nothing about...
    I'm pretty sure the people who have anything to do with gun regulation know everything they need to know about it... Unless you guys know something about Degeneratefk that I don't, it really doesn't matter if he or she understands the intricacies of the weapons. Believe it or not, most people do not need to know that shit to form an opinion on whether or not assault rifles should be sold in stores. Semi-automatic, automatic, whether or not someone calls a semi-automatic a machine gun because they aren't obsessed with the minutiae of the fucking weapons in question.... it TOTALLY doesn't matter, and I think that when any gun supporters starts pulling this shit out it is simply a massive red herring that they are throwing into the debate. Yes, the actual law makers need to know so they can write some good, detailed legislation. Joe schmoe does not need to focus on that shit to understand the issue or the big picture.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_ taking it to you....
    if I had my way the only legal guns would be single shot rifles and shotguns.
    they is absolutely no need for the rest of your "toys"

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    lolobugg said:

PJ_ taking it to you....
    if I had my way the only legal guns would be single shot rifles and shotguns.
    they is absolutely no need for the rest of your "toys"

yep.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited June 2016
    other
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

I'm pretty sure the people who have anything to do with gun regulation know everything they need to know about it... Unless you guys know something about Degeneratefk that I don't, it really doesn't matter if he or she understands the intricacies of the weapons. Believe it or not, most people do not need to know that shit to form an opinion on whether or not assault rifles should be sold in stores. Semi-automatic, automatic, whether or not someone calls a semi-automatic a machine gun because they aren't obsessed with the minutiae of the fucking weapons in question.... it TOTALLY doesn't matter, and I think that when any gun supporters starts pulling this shit out it is simply a massive red herring that they are throwing into the debate. Yes, the actual law makers need to know so they can write some good, detailed legislation. Joe schmoe does not need to focus on that shit to understand the issue or the big picture.
    This is completely, "TOTALLY" wrong, there has been example after example of lawmakers trying to make talking points on guns spouting off wrong information. As I said earlier, CO lawmakers technically made the most used hunting shotgun illegal because it "could be converted into one with a higher round count". If you want to be taken seriously by those who own firearms, even those that do not have the "scary" ones, then technicalities do matter. It may not matter to you, but those making the laws are not nearly as educated as you think...or they are trying to dumb down to their voters' level.
    Example: You make 30 round "clips" illegal...then technically that would not have any impact on 30 round "magazines".
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

This is completely, "TOTALLY" wrong, there has been example after example of lawmakers trying to make talking points on guns spouting off wrong information. As I said earlier, CO lawmakers technically made the most used hunting shotgun illegal because it "could be converted into one with a higher round count". If you want to be taken seriously by those who own firearms, even those that do not have the "scary" ones, then technicalities do matter. It may not matter to you, but those making the laws are not nearly as educated as you think...or they are trying to dumb down to their voters' level.
    Example: You make 30 round "clips" illegal...then technically that would not have any impact on 30 round "magazines".
    I already specifically said that I'm not talking about lawmakers, and that they DO need to know that shit (I didn't say one way or the other if they actually do know that shit. I just said they should). Didn't you read my whole post?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    other
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

I already specifically said that I'm not talking about lawmakers, and that they DO need to know that shit (I didn't say one way or the other if they actually do know that shit. I just said they should). Didn't you read my whole post?
    You said that "those having to do with gun regulation know everything they need to about it"... How else am I supposed to interpret that?
  • Options
    Yes
    Gee, sorry. Those having to with gun regulation should know everything they need to about it. Obviously that is not related to the main point I was making at all, but yeah...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    other
    PJ_Soul said:

Gee, sorry. Those having to with gun regulation should know everything they need to about it. Obviously that is not related to the main point I was making at all, but yeah...

No reason to be sorry, I realize now that it was a simple misunderstanding or typo. I just get tired of the incorrect language. An analogy would be that it is like saying you want to ban apples when you mean that you want to ban oranges. Both fruits...major differences.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    As a gun owner I understand reasonable gun laws. Reasonable being background checks, no gun-show loopholes, hi capacity magazines to name some examples. I spent most of my life in CA and never even heard of the gun show loop hole because every gun sold at a gun show in CA must go through a third party who will hold it for 10 days and complete a background check. That was just part of buying a gun. I believe most gun owners would be okay with background checks too.
    But banning a broad category of guns (assault rifles) doesn't make sense to me, just ban the aspects that make it more deadly. In a similar thread I mentioned other guns banned for ridiculous reasons as well. Something can be banned just because it has a pistol grip. Pistol grips don't kill anyone. Yes, you can shoot from the hip and pretend to go a Miami crime boss, but you'll be less effective that way, you lose control after the second or third shot. Our military kicks butt, we have a kill ratio of 20:1 or higher, and that's partly because the dumb terrorists stand up and shoot from the hip without being trained and have no control, while we have very well trained forces.
    A lot of gun owners like the AR-15, personally I don't see the appeal in that gun, but a lot do. Many just like the looks, or former military nostalgia, whatever-let them buy it, require a permanently fixed magazine with a capacity of 6 rounds, and now it will function a lot differently. I think that's realistic, and the hobbyist will just have to reload sooner before shooting their next watermelon.
    Just don't make more ineffective gun laws that only affect sane, legal gun owners. I added sane because yes, the Orlando shooter bought his guns legally, but he never should have, anyone on an FBI watch list and known ties to terrorists should be denied access to guns.
  • Options
    Yes
    mace1229 said:

As a gun owner I understand reasonable gun laws. Reasonable being background checks, no gun-show loopholes, hi capacity magazines to name some examples. I spent most of my life in CA and never even heard of the gun show loop hole because every gun sold at a gun show in CA must go through a third party who will hold it for 10 days and complete a background check. That was just part of buying a gun. I believe most gun owners would be okay with background checks too.
    But banning a broad category of guns (assault rifles) doesn't make sense to me, just ban the aspects that make it more deadly. In a similar thread I mentioned other guns banned for ridiculous reasons as well. Something can be banned just because it has a pistol grip. Pistol grips don't kill anyone. Yes, you can shoot from the hip and pretend to go a Miami crime boss, but you'll be less effective that way, you lose control after the second or third shot. Our military kicks butt, we have a kill ratio of 20:1 or higher, and that's partly because the dumb terrorists stand up and shoot from the hip without being trained and have no control, while we have very well trained forces.
    A lot of gun owners like the AR-15, personally I don't see the appeal in that gun, but a lot do. Many just like the looks, or former military nostalgia, whatever-let them buy it, require a permanently fixed magazine with a capacity of 6 rounds, and now it will function a lot differently. I think that's realistic, and the hobbyist will just have to reload sooner before shooting their next watermelon.
    Just don't make more ineffective gun laws that only affect sane, legal gun owners. I added sane because yes, the Orlando shooter bought his guns legally, but he never should have, anyone on an FBI watch list and known ties to terrorists should be denied access to guns.

I'm thinking shooting from the hip would be really effective while standing in the middle of a dance floor within feet of your victims. A battlefield comparison doesn't really make sense. And that's the point, these guns belong on the battlefield, not in the hands of civilians.

You're last two paragraphs make more sense.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    Yes
    Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn't Intend It for Civilians

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/family-ar-15-inventor-speaks-out-n593356

The AR-15 is the most talked about gun in America.

But the AR-15's creator died before the weapon became a popular hit and his family has never spoken out.

Until now.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47," the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."

The inventor's surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to NBC News by phone and email, commenting for the first time on their family's uneasy legacy. They requested individual anonymity in order to speak freely about such a sensitive topic. They also stopped short of policy prescriptions or legal opinions.

But their comments add unprecedented context to their father's creation, shedding new light on his intentions and adding firepower to the effort to ban weapons like the AR-15. The comments could also bolster a groundbreaking new lawsuit, which argues that the weapon is a tool of war — never intended for civilians.

Eugene Stoner would have agreed, his family said.

The ex-Marine and "avid sportsman, hunter and skeet shooter" never used his invention for sport. He also never kept it around the house for personal defense. In fact, he never even owned one.

And though he made millions from the design, his family said it was all from military sales.

"After many conversations with him, we feel his intent was that he designed it as a military rifle," his family said, explaining that Stoner was "focused on making the most efficient and superior rifle possible for the military."

He designed the original AR-15 in the late 1950s, working on it in his own garage and later as the chief designer for ArmaLite, a then small company in southern California. He made it light and powerful and he fashioned a new bullet for it — a .223 caliber round capable of piercing a metal helmet at 500 yards.

The Army loved it and renamed it the M16.

But after Stoner's death in 1997, at the age of 74, a semi-automatic version of the AR-15 became a civilian bestseller, too, spawning dozens of copy-cat weapons. The National Rifle Association has taken to calling it "America's rifle."

The bullets that tore through the Pulse nightclub in Orlando were Stoner's .223 rounds, fired from a AR-15 spin off made by Sig Sauer.

In all, an AR-15 style rifle has been used in at least 10 recent mass shootings — including at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and a work party in San Bernardino, California.

"What has happened, good or bad, since his patents have expired is a result of our free market system," Stoner's family said. "Currently, a more interesting question is 'Who now is benefiting from the manufacturing and sales of AR-15s, and for what uses?'"

That's the question for the rest of us.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Yes
    All guns should be banned.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

Yes, I do. I don't care about your one pull one bullet. It makes no difference. Civilians should not be allowed to own any type of assault rifle. I know exactly what I'd lime to see banned. Thanks though.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
  • Options
    Yes
    This article is pretty eyeopening.

How can the pro gun crowd argue with this? The numbers don't lie.....more guns=less safe

Pro-gun groups point out that rates of gun ownership tend to be highest in rural, sparsely populated states, where crime rates are low. By the same token, over the past two decades, as the number of guns in America has risen sharply, crime rates have fallen. Yet even as the number of guns in America has grown, the share of households with a gun has dropped steadily. Research published in 2000 by Mark Duggan of the University of Chicago concluded that the homicide rate had been falling in tandem with the proportion of households where guns were kept. What’s more, the homicide rate was falling with a lag, suggesting that reduced gun ownership was causing the decline, and was not simply a side-effect of a falling crime rate.

http://www.economist.com/news/business-and-finance/21700596-evidence-growing-gun-violence-america-product-weak-gun-laws-guns
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    dignin said:

mace1229 said:

I'm thinking shooting from the hip would be really effective while standing in the middle of a dance floor within feet of your victims. A battlefield comparison doesn't really make sense. And that's the point, these guns belong on the battlefield, not in the hands of civilians.

You're last two paragraphs make more sense.
    Although I don't own any assault rifles, I know some who do and have shot them. And I can tell you from experience as well as hearing from others and watching military documentaries, shooting from the hip is very ineffective, even in the scenario you described. It doesn't really allow you to shoot faster, just lose control and very inaccurate.
    Prime example, I had a cardboard cutout of Strider (Lord of the Rings) I found at a yard sale. Took it target shooting in the middle of the desert. Had a friend with a few assault rifles and unloaded a magazine shooting from the hip. Only the first 2 or 3 shots were even in the right direction, some hit the ground just a few feet in front of me and others went 10 feet above the target. This is fairly common and why our military doesn't train to shoot from the hip in any scenario. In fact there was about 5 or 6 of us doing this at the same time, with a total of about 50 or 60 bullets flying, and we only hit the thing a total of about 4 or 5 times between everyone. Did it totally legal, nothing fully auto so don't worry, just shot as fast as we could just for fun. Even in a crowded room half of them would have hit the floor wall or ceiling. That also gives you an idea of how most assault rifles are used by people I know who own them.
    I'm not in any means saying don't regulate guns, but my point being some gun laws are apparently made by people without any gun knowledge and therefore have none of the intended effect. So in my opinion keep the pistol grip, maybe the next guy will use it and waste his ammo and save some lives.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    No
    No, it`s not the gun... The 1 sitting in my closet is no more deadly than a clothes hanger it self.... We need to take care of the vermin who want to use it...
    I live in Indiana, There are virtually no murders in my entire county. Ever. Lot`s of people live in this county. Damn near everyone has guns, even yes "assault" rifles... There is also rarely muggings, home invasions, cops have it easy. Our main crimes are from people getting caught with opiates, meth, theft, bud, and occasionally fighting....

Yet if you watch the news there are murders every day, multiple. These murders are from across the mighty Ohio river, take a right off of 2nd street bridge, drive 5 minutes, and you`re now in the West end of Louisville. The ghetto, where there is constant gang violence, robberies, home invasions, etc.... From my eyes, this is the problem, and the answer is not taking protection from the individuals who live there, so they can drive 10 minutes to my house, or my friends/families and hurt the,.... Just for the fact that they know we use our 2nd amendment rights, they do not mess with us.

From the FBI`s website, more are killed by hands/fist/ect on average than rifles and shotguns combined.

What happened is wrong, but we should not let our emotions dictate the out come, and put the blame of the shooting where it should be...The FBI, who knew this guy was bad news, and did jack shit about it....His co-workers said he was bad, his High School knew he was bad, The FBI was just warned by a gun shop that denied him body armor... Wahhabism is a threat to America, Europe, and Australia.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    other
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Godfather.

????????

????????????

Godfather.

You mention "scary" ones", and this line of thought is either ignorant or dishonest.
    I see it all over FB, and it is annoying. If you are as informed on weapon design as you claim to be, you know that the modifications that make it "scary" were invented and added to military rifles for utility reasons. They make the weapon more effective, you don't seriously think the military uses mods and attachments because they look scary do you? I feel like the pro-gun crowd is often using their more intimate knowledge of firearms to slip lies past people who don't know any better.
    Don't be dishonest and pass on the misinformation in the vein of "the only difference in these 2 rifles is one looks scary" and "there is no such thing as an assault weapon" when you know perfectly well that they are untrue.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?