Options

Pearl jam headlining Pinkpop 2017

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2017 European tour that almost mirrors the tour that almost happened this year.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    BeerBaron said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2017 European tour that almost mirrors the tour that almost happened this year.

Anyone cares to share the supposedly 2016 dates?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

Amsterdam (x2), Pink Pop, Paris, London (x2), Rome, Bologna, Milan, Prague, Belgium, Switzerland, Barcelone, Lisbon.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,829
    BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

Amsterdam (x2), Pink Pop, Paris, London (x2), Rome, Bologna, Milan, Prague, Belgium, Switzerland, Barcelone, Lisbon.
    No Greece? Worse Euro tour dates EVER!!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,154
    CopperTom said:

And Jan confirmed that they were slated to play Europe 2016 prior to the Paris terror attacks.

It bugs me how they say they "cancelled" their tour. The tour never got announced. If they were able to back out of it that easily that I imagine contract never got signed. It seems they walked away from it in the planning stages. Not exactly cancelling. Cancelling is bailing on shows that have already been announced and the tickets have been sold. I'm sure bands try to plan tours all the time, and then go a different direction. That's not cancelling.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,493
    CopperTom said:

And Jan confirmed that they were slated to play Europe 2016 prior to the Paris terror attacks.

Who's Jan?
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited June 2016

CopperTom said:

Who's Jan?
    Jan Smeets. From PinkPop.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

I believe it was Berlin, not Belgium.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    CopperTom said:

BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

I thought they were doing Werchter again in Belgium.
  • Options
    PJWrelandPJWreland Malmö, Sweden Posts: 39
    edited June 2016
    BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

I hope they add Stockholm, Copenhagen (http://www.arenacphx.dk/en/Pages/default.aspx), Helsinki, Berlin, Glasgow and Dublin to the list :)
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Copenhagen
    2009: Berlin
    2010: Berlin
    2012: Prague, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    2014: Amsterdam x2, Berlin, Stockholm
    2015: Rio de Janeirio
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami 
    2018: Krakow, Berlin 
    2020: Frankfurt, Berlin, Copenhagen
  • Options
    BeerBaron said:

Mahalo! :hang_loose: I could have seen them both nights in London and then maybe one more show... :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    demetrios said:

+1
  • Options
    PJWreland said:

I hope they add Glasgow and Dublin to the list :)

That's feasible for me! :smiley: I'm in! :plus_one:
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

Not on the list that I saw. It was a festival in Belgium. I believe Switzerland was also a festival.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    There was no Germany
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I really hope that they return to Europe next year! My 5 months old daughter didn't allow me to see them this year but she is fine with summer 2017! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Ducht said:

June 3 till june 5.

Ducht said:

June 3 till june 5.

Thanks....I am not allowed to use vaca days between April and July....ugh
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Zod said:

CopperTom said:

It bugs me how they say they "cancelled" their tour. The tour never got announced. If they were able to back out of it that easily that I imagine contract never got signed. It seems they walked away from it in the planning stages. Not exactly cancelling. Cancelling is bailing on shows that have already been announced and the tickets have been sold. I'm sure bands try to plan tours all the time, and then go a different direction. That's not cancelling.
    If the tour was cancelled or not is a matter of semantics. Allegedly, tickets were sold within Live Nation to employees in Holland, and Rock Wercther was obviously missing a headliner act in their presentation of the program. It took them months to get another headlining act, and I'm pretty sure that if you ask the venues that they should had played at, the tour was cancelled last minute.

That said, the Pinkpop dude is way out of line confirming a 2017 show, when nothing has come from PJ themselves. It might be some sort of tradeoff for the – cancelled – appearance this year, but it might as well be a pre-ticket sale salespitch, with no actual barring. And now PJ will look even worse if they don’t show up at Pinkpop, “cancelling” two years in row.
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,493
    Funkez said:

Zod said:

CopperTom said:

If the tour was cancelled or not is a matter of semantics. Allegedly, tickets were sold within Live Nation to employees in Holland, and Rock Wercther was obviously missing a headliner act in their presentation of the program. It took them months to get another headlining act, and I'm pretty sure that if you ask the venues that they should had played at, the tour was cancelled last minute.

That said, the Pinkpop dude is way out of line confirming a 2017 show, when nothing has come from PJ themselves. It might be some sort of tradeoff for the – cancelled – appearance this year, but it might as well be a pre-ticket sale salespitch, with no actual barring. And now PJ will look even worse if they don’t show up at Pinkpop, “cancelling” two years in row.
    Here's an idea: Why don't you contact these venues and actually ask instead of spreading allegations? (you yourself used the word allegedly). You seem so sure if it, why don't you actually find out instead of contributing to misinformation?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,001
    Funkez said:

Zod said:

CopperTom said:

What headliner did werchter scramble together?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    It was booked. Rock in Roma leaked Pearl Jam and Iron Maiden as headliners three days before they

Funkez said:

Zod said:

CopperTom said:

What headliner did werchter scramble together?
    Paul McCartney
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    I dont know how early festivals book for the next year but imagine having 2017 in the bag contractually at this stage is very unlikely.

Hope im wrong as a june tour would be amazing, but lets see how it pans out.

I saw a lot of news articles linking guns and roses to the european cicruit next year so 2017 can come as soon as it likes for me!!
  • Options

Funkez said:

Zod said:

CopperTom said:

Here's an idea: Why don't you contact these venues and actually ask instead of spreading allegations? (you yourself used the word allegedly). You seem so sure if it, why don't you actually find out instead of contributing to misinformation?
    Everything i wrote, as you so kindly point out, is grammatically perfectly balanced. I wrote exactly what I should, to point out the level of knowledge available.
    Now, the venues (if any kind of professional and with hopes of a later PJ booking) would never spill the beans. Nor would I be the first to ask. Pinkpop apperantly being an exception to the rule.
    Ironically, if I somehow found other sources than the Pinkpop dudes saying so, the Italien slip, the guy who said he - allegedly as I never saw them - bought staff tickets within Line Nation to the a Amsterdam show, that a tour was cancelled, you'd be the one spreading misinformation.
    So... Think again?
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    dudes, it really doesnt matter, the tour didnt happen. isnt that all that matters?
  • Options
    JP LosmanJP Losman Raleigh Posts: 149
    I hope they only play in countries that have progressive laws for the LGBT community.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

dudes, it really doesnt matter, the tour didnt happen. isnt that all that matters?

I agree fully, its not like this forum is some sort of timemachine that can go back and change anything anyway. But this thread is about the Pinkpop dude stating two things: 1) PJ are to play in '17 and 2) PJ was booked for the '16 show.
    Naturally it's now much more interesting if 1) is correct or not, as it would be basis for a Euro17 tour. But if 2) is true, well. PJ have their right to choose whatever they want. Just hoping that it was not the Paris attack nor the Bonaroo-$$ that was the deal breaker. Neither seem very PJ'ish to me.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    demetrios said:

BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

It's been 10 years now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    demetrios said:

BeerBaron said:

Pap said:

BeerBaron said:

It's been 10 years now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..