Options

2016 Pearl Jam Vault #6 Vinyl .. on sale now

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Can we get a few Tenacious D songs on side A please?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Question is.... what songs will be omitted?

Ugggghhhhh please say none.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Going by setlist I def would have preferred the other night but this is fine.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    BS44325 said:

You can't "MANUFACTURE" inspirado!!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Its a alright setlist in my opinion, nice to finally get Small Town and Baba in a vault show, was hoping for a 96 show but itll do, the Do the Evolution from this show is on Live on Two Legs
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    PJ_Soul said:

TL170678 said:

98 setlists look tiny compared to today... Like a greatest hits festival gig.

This Vault doesn't look like a greatest hits list IMO. Not with those Yield tracks and Baba.
    Yea I thought the same about Constitutional Hall, but it`s 1 of my favorite shows now.... No complaints.... But like everyone Else I wanted an official Jack Irons gig...
  • Options
    EdsmusicEdsmusic Posts: 5
    Strange that they gonna press them on 150 gram records, all the previous vault were on 180 gram records...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    BS44325 said:

That would be awesome. Too bad no known audience recording from that show. :(
    http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=366273
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Edsmusic said:

Strange that they gonna press them on 150 gram records, all the previous vault were on 180 gram records...

As are the Yield and No Code reissues.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,971
    eh. 180 v 150 doesn't really make that much of a difference. Other than less likely to warp, the extra weight does nothing. It all about the source and the cut IMO.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Vault # 7

1995 San Jose please....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Wonder what is special about this show and why the band picked it to be the next vault release.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    hsohi said:

Wonder what is special about this show and why the band picked it to be the next vault release.

the two night la run was up there with the msg run that same year. it was an incredible two nights!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    hsohi said:

I wish they would do a small commentary with each vault release done by the band inside the front cover, kinda like in lost dogs, where they recall memories of the show and why they picked it as the new vault. That would be really cool.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    PJ_Soul said:

I consider myself a diehard and I never ordered any of the vaults :blush:

I got the first one at PJ20 and traded it after ripping it to my computer :lol:

If they weren't getting the vinyl treatment there is no way I would buy them. Before the vinyl, I just used my 10C download code to get Vice theatre, and I don't know if I have even listened to Vault 1. But as records they are fantastic.
    All or None as an opener? You have to give it another listen. Love that show :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    She didn't listen to Vault 1.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,566
    edited June 2016
    TL170678 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TL170678 said:

98 setlists look tiny compared to today... Like a greatest hits festival gig.

This Vault doesn't look like a greatest hits list IMO. Not with those Yield tracks and Baba.
    Yea I thought the same about Constitutional Hall, but it`s 1 of my favorite shows now.... No complaints.... But like everyone Else I wanted an official Jack Irons gig...
    Yeah, would be cool.... In My Tree would have to be in the setlist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

She didn't listen to Vault 1.

I don't have the download, so I don't think so.... maybe on 10C radio. I actually can't remember what show it was. Why? Is there something so spectacular about it that it's crazy that I might not have heard it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

hsohi said:

I wish they would do a small commentary with each vault release done by the band inside the front cover, kinda like in lost dogs, where they recall memories of the show and why they picked it as the new vault. That would be really cool.
    +1
  • Options
    Not really.

I was just pointing out to On2Legs that it was 1 not 2 (with the All or None opener) that you didn't listen to. He thought it was 2 you have passed on.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I consider myself a diehard and I never ordered any of the vaults :blush:

I got the first one at PJ20 and traded it after ripping it to my computer :lol:

If they weren't getting the vinyl treatment there is no way I would buy them. Before the vinyl, I just used my 10C download code to get Vice theatre, and I don't know if I have even listened to Vault 1. But as records they are fantastic.
    All or None as an opener? You have to give it another listen. Love that show :smiley:
    I do love All or None.
    (Admittedly, I'm not a bootleg junkie by any means. There are just too many of them for me to focus on them, and i spend a lot of time on non-PJ music too. There are only 24 hours in the day, lol)
  • Options
    Interesting that this is 633 after the last 2 were 634 and 635. I wonder why they waited on this one. Also I wonder how far out they have planned out this series.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 495
    edited June 2016
    hsohi said:

This was a tremendous show. It was the first time the band was playing in LA in almost 6 years because of the TM battle and anticipation was sky high. They blew the roof off. I thought this was the better of the two nights even though I had front row, dead center the next night from the 10C.

Personally, I liked the San Diego show from that week the best but this is still a fabulous choice.
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

Interesting that this is 633 after the last 2 were 634 and 635. I wonder why they waited on this one. Also I wonder how far out they have planned out this series.

Those numbers don't mean anything in regards to the releases. They're just made to look like road case stamps.
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    I immediately added this to my shopping basket, but when the shipping cost came up and I converted the $87.49 to Swedish Money (730 SEK) I had to cancel. Yikes.

The contest will get this for me. Thanks.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    On facebook they just posted a photo of the PEARL JAM logo which I absolutely love. Anyone know if this logo is posted anywhere else or perhaps something when you pre order it? Just because it'd be a great wallpaper so want as high resolution as possible.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Brisk. said:

On facebook they just posted a photo of the PEARL JAM logo which I absolutely love. Anyone know if this logo is posted anywhere else or perhaps something when you pre order it? Just because it'd be a great wallpaper so want as high resolution as possible.

It's also up over @ their Google + account.

• Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    I'm still confused by what these numbers even mean. These shows aren't consecutive but yet the the last three are 633, 634, and 635? Someone enlighten me.....
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    epie said:

I'm still confused by what these numbers even mean. These shows aren't consecutive but yet the the last three are 633, 634, and 635? Someone enlighten me.....

They don't mean anything. They are just numbers from their tour cases. Nothing more to it. Seems they are just using the same format in numerical sequence now to show the order of the Vaults.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Horse2345 said:

$37.50 shipping! Damn, probably be able to get it cheaper on Ebay after lol

37.49 to buenos aires, but I dropped Hail Hail in the package as well so 8.99 more for me, but what the heck...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...