Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited June 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nothing near me. Unless the setlist is mind blowing I’m not driving to Philly to see them. I’ve seen them over 15 times so I’m good. Saving a lot of money this year on concerts. 
    Have you seen the leaked dates? 

Edit: I see them now haha
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070

• Options
    In the old days Mohegan, NH, Garden would have been a no brainier but pretty sure I'll stick with one given arena show prices
  • Options
    Hopefully there is a 2nd leg. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,795
    Those New England dates are awful for my work schedule. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    PJNB said:
    Those New England dates are awful for my work schedule. 
    I’m with you. Only was going to to Boston if it was a Friday or Saturday. Otherwise, I was only in for drivable shows.

The only show that is close is Knoxville, but hotels will be a shitload or not existent with a home game the next day (granted, it’s against UCONN, but it’ll still be packed).
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    I have hotels on hold for CT... I'm also thinking in the absence of a NYC date they might add a 2nd CT show on either the 9th or 11th (saw something a month or so ago about 2ne night in CT... I was skeptical of that until I saw no NYC this morning)

New Hampshire on a Monday night sucks ass, I won't entertain that, but Boston on a Wednesday night is easy enough for me. 

I'll probably go for CT being a Friday night (& a holiday) and Boston. 
  • Options
    I have hotels on hold for CT... I'm also thinking in the absence of a NYC date they might add a 2nd CT show on either the 9th or 11th (saw something a month or so ago about 2ne night in CT... I was skeptical of that until I saw no NYC this morning)

New Hampshire on a Monday night sucks ass, I won't entertain that, but Boston on a Wednesday night is easy enough for me. 

I'll probably go for CT being a Friday night (& a holiday) and Boston. 
    3 days on either side of that Mohegan show so something must be cooking
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    nice another philly date in Nov. Hoping for new music as well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    if it weren't for that Winnipeg date, Minneapolis on Halloween would be fun. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    Wow, that's a lot of PNW dates.
  • Options
    Man, those VIP price points are f'ing insane. 

Glad I did it when I did back in 2019. 
  • Options
    what do you get with VIP?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

INVINCIBLE FRONT ROW VIP EXPERIENCE
    Package inclusions:
    • One Front Row reserved ticket *
    • Exclusive access to a portion of TOOL’s sound check**
    • Group photo with members of TOOL*** 
    • Parking (1 parking space per order, where available)
    • Invitation to the pre-show VIP reception, which includes:
    • VIP check-in with early entry into venue
    • Exhibit of unique TOOL memorabilia
    • Chance to win one exclusive piece of TOOL memorabilia (to be raffled off at the end of tour)
    • TOOL photo booth & other photo opportunities to commemorate your night
    • Light refreshments
    • One specially designed merchandise kit, exclusive to VIPs
    • Early tour merchandise shopping opportunity 
    • One commemorative TOOL VIP laminate & lanyard 
    • One commemorative TOOL VIP ticket 
    • On-Site VIP staff
    *Locations vary. See map for exact location. All VIP activities occur pre-show. Package details & timing subject to change.
    **Sound check will include some band members & will vary by show. No phones/recording devices allowed in sound check. 
    *** Group photo will include some band members & will vary by show.

PNEUMA VIP EXPERIENCE
    Package inclusions:
    • One premium reserved ticket in rows 2 – 5*
    • Chance to win one exclusive piece of TOOL memorabilia (to be raffled off at the end of tour)
    • Light refreshments
    • On-Site VIP staff
    *Locations vary. See map for exact location. All VIP activities occur pre-show. Package details & timing subject to change.
    **Sound check will include some band members & will vary by show. No phones/recording devices allowed in sound check.

FEAR INOCULUM VIP EXPERIENCE
    Package inclusions:
    • One premium reserved ticket in rows 6 – 10*
    • Light refreshments
    • On-Site VIP staff

7EMPEST TICKET PACKAGE
    Package inclusions:
    • One premium reserved ticket *
    • On-Site VIP staff
    *Locations vary. See map for exact location. Package details & timing subject to change 

I don’t see pricing on the website, but a friend sent this to me: 

Some VIP pricing. $888 for the best, $770, $650, $334
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nothing near me. Unless the setlist is mind blowing I’m not driving to Philly to see them. I’ve seen them over 15 times so I’m good. Saving a lot of money this year on concerts. 

Maybe Tool (in addition to PJ)are not familiar with the NY metro area, it’s like triple the population of anywhere else in the US and Canada, if not quadruple. Like you said at least we’ll save $$
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    nicknyr15 said:

Maybe Tool (in addition to PJ)are not familiar with the NY metro area, it’s like triple the population of anywhere else in the US and Canada, if not quadruple. Like you said at least we’ll save $$
    Makes no sense but I honestly don’t give a shit anymore. Easier to boycott an absolutely terrible industry. 
  • Options
    God damn… these ticket prices are insane… I might just grab the cheapest available for CT & see what the setlist is like before I commit to my weeknight hometown show. Can’t imagine they’re going to sell out w/ what they’re charging. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    God damn… these ticket prices are insane… I might just grab the cheapest available for CT & see what the setlist is like before I commit to my weeknight hometown show. Can’t imagine they’re going to sell out w/ what they’re charging. 
    Those prices above are for the various VIP packages
  • Options
    Those prices don't seem that crazy for what you get
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    JT167846 said:
    Anyone hear that Matt Pinfield podcast with Maynard, Billy Corgan and Dave Grohl?

podcast title?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Granted, the VIP packages aren't an apples to apples comparison, but for Buffalo last year, I got the cheapest vip package for $300 + taxes and had a seat in the 3rd row. 
    This year anywhere in the 2nd-5th row is going to cost $770 +/-, with the only notable addition to the package being the soundcheck and group photo. (the former admittedly, is a pretty sweet perk) 

It's just the old man in me yelling at clouds at this point. I know. 
  • Options
    With Tool Army is it easy to get shut out during the presale, or pretty easy to get tickets?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    With Tool Army is it easy to get shut out during the presale, or pretty easy to get tickets?
    2022 was the first time I've seen them offer presale tickets outside of the VIP package. 

I was able to a regular presale for Boston easily enough. 
  • Options
    Thanks 👍. What were the seat locations like?  Scattered or premium?
  • Options
    Idk what the overall options were, but here’s where I landed: 

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Granted, the VIP packages aren't an apples to apples comparison, but for Buffalo last year, I got the cheapest vip package for $300 + taxes and had a seat in the 3rd row. 
    This year anywhere in the 2nd-5th row is going to cost $770 +/-, with the only notable addition to the package being the soundcheck and group photo. (the former admittedly, is a pretty sweet perk) 

$300 for a 3rd row ticket at an arena show is a steal
  • Options
    Thanks 👍. What were the seat locations like?  Scattered or premium?
    I had the same experience as Merkin Baller for the same show. Seats were scattered throughout the venue and the onsale was not frantic. I like sitting near the soundboard for Tool and got a pair there pretty easily at face.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

$300 for a 3rd row ticket at an arena show is a steal
    & only 18 months prior at that. 

I know who we're dealing with here, and don't expect them to leave money on the table... They're no dummies... everyone wants early access to guarantee getting a poster, and you have to pay $600+ for that VIP perk... the cheapest VIP doesn't even get you that. (& a healthy amount of the posters are ugly AF... these guys are laughing their way to the bank). 

I'm glad I took advantage of those things when the prices were a little more reasonable / realistic. Now just the regular priced tickets make it harder to do more than one show... 1st world problems, I'm aware. 
  • Options
    I still can't believe I passed on paying $70 more for a signed poster than a regular poster first and last time I saw them. 

STUPID STUPID STUPID
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I still can't believe I passed on paying $70 more for a signed poster than a regular poster first and last time I saw them. 

STUPID STUPID STUPID
    I passed on a Boston poster in 2012 for maybe $50... signed was $100. 

those things go for INSANE money right now (& they're ugly AF)  :D   

I'm past it now... I have so many posters in a file folder... I don't' even want any more. If PJ has a pop up store in St Paul, I may swing by, but my days of waiting in line to rush into the venue when the doors open are a thing of the past.