Options

TONIGHT'S SHOW @ TMR spoiler

124»

Comments

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

I mean, you can still cancel. And just sign up when this vault goes live. Having stayed in affects nothing.

there's no seniority, member number, etc.?? that sucks.

I thought of joining years ago but way too expensive for me plus half the bands featured I could care less about.

Doesn't suck, it's awesome. No pressure and you can pick and choose which vaults you want rather than being basically suckered into buying all of them. They are too expensive for that.
    Do you have a subscription with the Vault? How is the shipping to Canada? I see they use FedEx. http://thirdmanstore.com/customer-service . Is the customs charges intense?
    Apparently, they have changed it around recently after a couple of vault releases were subject to crazy customs charges. I think that they just switched carrier/service in order to avoid that. There was certainly a lot of chatter about it in the TMR groups over the past few months.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,873

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

I mean, you can still cancel. And just sign up when this vault goes live. Having stayed in affects nothing.

I thought of joining years ago but way too expensive for me plus half the bands featured I could care less about.

Doesn't suck, it's awesome. No pressure and you can pick and choose which vaults you want rather than being basically suckered into buying all of them. They are too expensive for that.
    Do you have a subscription with the Vault? How is the shipping to Canada? I see they use FedEx. http://thirdmanstore.com/customer-service . Is the customs charges intense?
    Apparently, they have changed it around recently after a couple of vault releases were subject to crazy customs charges. I think that they just switched carrier/service in order to avoid that. There was certainly a lot of chatter about it in the TMR groups over the past few months.
    Cool. Thanks for the info. :)
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

FR181798 said:

Whilst I think it is strange a black and blue wasn't available to order at the show I am struggling to see it as the main LP part of a future Vault release as they are usually more Jack related or Third Man artists with the exception being the Willie Nelson Vault or the Wanda Jackson or the Loretta Lynn vault. More likely part of the live series with Black & Blue splits available through 10c and a 7 inch as part of a future Vault.

Fixed...if you think about it, that is vault 9, 17 and 24 - so every 6 or 7 is a non-JW release. There is no reason why this wouldn't be a vault release.
    Splitting hairs but Loretta Lynn and Wanda were Third Man artists. The Willie Nelson Vault is the one that was a little different in my opinion.
  • Options
    I also think we are a little biased on this board thinking that Vault subscribers would want a Pearl Jam record. I may be wrong and it will be a Vault record but Even though I subscribe I think being part of the Live Series would be better.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I think it will eventually be sold through 10C
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    FR181798 said:

I also think we are a little biased on this board thinking that Vault subscribers would want a Pearl Jam record. I may be wrong and it will be a Vault record but Even though I subscribe I think being part of the Live Series would be better.

I'm a member of both and I'd much rather have a PJ TMR Vault package than a few of the ones mentioned above (Loretta, Wanda, Willie). Would be cool to see what added goodies they would include.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    We asked a few people in the know last night and they said they had no idea when it would be released, but it would be. They said they were still trying to decide if it was going to be Vault, 10C or both. My guess, and this is just a guess, is it'll be both
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Just throwing this out there, I've got the first 8 Vault packages and they're pretty much collecting dust so if anyone needs them, shoot me a PM. Happy to listen to any and all offers (vintage concert Ts, records, cash).

If this is the wrong venue, my apologies. Yay Third Man + PJ!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited June 2016
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

I go on and off of it depending on what the Vault is. The shipping to Canada is pretty good. Not amazing, but good enough. Sometimes there is a big silence in the tracking between it being accepted in Nashville to it reappearing somewhere on its trip up. Might now even show up again until it's cleared Canada Customs. Tends to take at least a week after the shipping notification. But anyway, it always arrives safe and sound, with excellent packaging.
    I have never once paid customs charges for it. They don't put the $80 amount on it, since that includes the cost of shipping. They price it below the amount that would get us charged (have for me anyway).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    First time my avatar has been relevant in this forum...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    FR181798 said:

TMR puts out plenty of stuff that Vault subscribers wouldn't want, lol. It doesn't stop them. And since people can subscribe or drop after they know what the Vault is, TMR always has an interested market for the Vault, no matter who is featured. All PJ fans could just subscribe for that one release. TMR will clean up if they release it as a Vault.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    FR181798 said:

They assumed JW fans would want a Wanda Jackson record. So there is precedent.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    TMR/Bonnaroo Vault from Third Man would be amazing.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

They just switched to Fed Ex with the last vault. Cost me an extra $20 CAD ontop of the $10Usd to buy an international vault subscription.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,873

TMR/Bonnaroo Vault from Third Man would be amazing.

Yes, yes it will.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    scurtis said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

They just switched to Fed Ex with the last vault. Cost me an extra $20 CAD ontop of the $10Usd to buy an international vault subscription.
    Fcuk , fedex sucks balls. They're the sneakiest bastards, they'll just deliver the package to your door with no charges and you'll be like "sweet no customs" then a month later you'll get a huge bill from them in the mail.
    Last time i just took the info to the customs office after i got the bill and self cleared it then told Fedex to bugger off, they were pissed. Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options

FR181798 said:

They assumed JW fans would want a Wanda Jackson record. So there is precedent.
    Yeah, I was happy for a break from the Vault when the Wanda etc appeared but my point is that they were Third Man artists unlike PJ so not so unexpected. My prediction for the next Vault is some Margo thing.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Live from the Gold Dollar was my first, and I thought it was incredible, can't wait for more! The packaging is top notch. Really wish PJ did more than 1 per year!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    The Jack White Bonaroo #22 and White Stripes Amazonian Lights #23 both had great packaging. PJ Vaults are a bit dull in comparison when you think of the posters etc.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    edited June 2016
    I love them. I love the 78 replica books. I think the all black with white logo looks sleek. b/w phots are great too.

Other than the ob Jones Stripes packages, I've never been crazy about the Vault looks. I hate the telescoping boxes too.
  • Options
    Liked them but just lost a bit of interest in the artwork the more they make. I do get a kick out of them all matching on the shelf and they cant really change them now, thats like when they change a books cover artist half way through a series - I hate that.
    I like what they did with the Stones Vault releases thats pretty cool.