Options

TONIGHT'S SHOW @ TMR spoiler

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

No idea why everyone assumes this will be a vault package. It could very well just be one of their 12" live series.

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

You have to assume Kevin was filming?
    Can't really assume anything when it comes to this band.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962

CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

so I just sign up with TMR now, or just wait for the announcement?

I have https://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/ bookmarked so if Vault #29 is Pearl Jam ordering ASAP!!!
    Could I buy a Vault membership after it gets announced and still get the show?
    Its a quarterly membership, so you might have jumped the gun.
    It is quarterly, but you have time after they announce the next quarters release to join or drop out, etc. Many people are selective and only stay signed up if they like the sound of the next release.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    i know people are excited, but no one should race to sign up. They produce as many as ordered (and a few more for replacement copies). And there is a window of a couple weeks to do it. People need to chill.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    So Vault 29 is next with TMR.

CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

I have https://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/ bookmarked so if Vault #29 is Pearl Jam ordering ASAP!!!
    It is quarterly, but you have time after they announce the next quarters release to join or drop out, etc. Many people are selective and only stay signed up if they like the sound of the next release.
    What I'm saying is people that rushed to sign up, what if TMR 29 isn't Pearl Jam? Too late you paid the dues and then will have to pay AGAIN to get TMR 30 assuming that's Pearl Jam.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    29 will be announced just after the 4th of July weekend (unless they announce it today in the 10c newsletter - but that would be surprising). You'll have from the announcement date to July 31st to sign up. It's not a race. They manufacture to order. Ordering earlier gets you nothing. 29 ships in the last couple weeks of September and sometime during the first week of October they announce 30, then you have until Oct 31st to order that Vault.

When it gets announced, every music site picks up on it and I'm sue there will be more coverage if there is a PJ vault. You won't miss it. No need to panic.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

i know people are excited, but no one should race to sign up. They produce as many as ordered (and a few more for replacement copies). And there is a window of a couple weeks to do it. People need to chill.

You have some inside info that this is 100% going to be a vault package? Not a live 12" series, or a joint PJ/TMR release? Assuming it is ever released.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    and if they didn't take orders after the show for a Black and blue, it won't be a B&B live 12". It must be a Vault or they were just recording it for the band.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

29 will be announced just after the 4th of July weekend (unless they announce it today in the 10c newsletter - but that would be surprising). You'll have from the announcement date to July 31st to sign up. It's not a race. They manufacture to order. Ordering earlier gets you nothing. 29 ships in the last couple weeks of September and sometime during the first week of October they announce 30, then you have until Oct 31st to order that Vault.

When it gets announced, every music site picks up on it and I'm sue there will be more coverage if there is a PJ vault. You won't miss it. No need to panic.

I read a few posts in here about people signing up already, so hopefully nobody else jumps. Unless TMR 29 is something just as cool as Pearl Jam, then hey, fucking eh! Have any of you seen TMR 28? Jack White solo stuff?! Holy shit! Anyone on here who's never had a Vault package in their hands is in for a fucking treat! Everything is done up quality. I owned 3 at one point - sold part of the Dead Weather package I bought on here, gave the rest away to my buddy Matt. I did end up with a dud one year. Sharon Jones or something. Absolutely terrible.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

So Vault 29 is next with TMR.

CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

What I'm saying is people that rushed to sign up, what if TMR 29 isn't Pearl Jam? Too late you paid the dues and then will have to pay AGAIN to get TMR 30 assuming that's Pearl Jam.
    Yes, you are absolutely correct in that case!
  • Options
    The recording engineers Instagram post about "off to see them at Bonnaroo" makes me wonder. If he will be recording Bonnaroo too. Or he's just a fan.
  • Options

The recording engineers Instagram post about "off to see them at Bonnaroo" makes me wonder. If he will be recording Bonnaroo too. Or he's just a fan.

Dude, can you imagine if they do indeed make this a vault package?! A vinyl bootleg of Bonnaroo included?!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Would be fantastic. I could see them doing 4 LPs instead of having a 7" and DVD/Shirt/USB/whatever*

*for non-TMR Vaulters, the usual Vault is a 2-3 LP set, a 7" and some other item. In the past it's been one of many things such as a DVD, a flag, a shirt, pins, screen prints, postcards, USB drive. But it's never been a 4LP release, so I'm saying they would forgo other ephemera and add an additional LP.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053

Dude, can you imagine if they do indeed make this a vault package?! A vinyl bootleg of Bonnaroo included?!
    I would assume the legalities of releasing an individual festival performance are beyond the understanding of anyone here. Chances are good they won't even own that set.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options

I would assume the legalities of releasing an individual festival performance are beyond the understanding of anyone here. Chances are good they won't even own that set.
    TMR already did it with JW's performance being released as Vault 22 - it is a tremendous set!

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053

TMR already did it with JW's performance being released as Vault 22 - it is a tremendous set!

Good to know. Anything is possible.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363

All that for only $60? I wish I was a bigger Jack White fan...
  • Options
    AO253126 said:

All that for only $60? I wish I was a bigger Jack White fan...
    Yep!
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Whilst I think it is strange a black and blue wasn't available to order at the show I am struggling to see it as the main LP part of a future Vault release as they are usually more Jack related or Third Man artists with the exception being the Willie Nelson Vault. More likely part of the live series with Black & Blue splits available through 10c and a 7 inch as part of a future Vault.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Whilst I think it is strange a black and blue wasn't available to order at the show I am struggling to see it as the main LP part of a future Vault release as they are usually more Jack related or Third Man artists with the exception being the Willie Nelson Vault or the Wanda Jackson or the Loretta Lynn vault. More likely part of the live series with Black & Blue splits available through 10c and a 7 inch as part of a future Vault.

Fixed...if you think about it, that is vault 9, 17 and 24 - so every 6 or 7 is a non-JW release. There is no reason why this wouldn't be a vault release.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Other than it being a bit skimpy. That's the only thing working against it being a vault.

It's possible TMR recorded it for the band and we'll see a 12" at some point through Monkeywrench.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    Assuming it gets filled out, I don't see this as much different than the Willie Vault
  • Options
    We'll see.....we've got some great bootlegs to digest in the meantime.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

Other than it being a bit skimpy. That's the only thing working against it being a vault.

It's possible TMR recorded it for the band and we'll see a 12" at some point through Monkeywrench.

Perhaps a few more things were recorded yesterday...?
  • Options

I agree with this completely. There have been a few single LP vaults - the closest one to this I was thinking of was Vault 5 or 10 (Dead Weather or Raconteurs live at Third Man). If it was going to be purely a "Live at TMR" release I would have expected that they would have given the attendees a black and blue.
  • Options
    wg said:

Perhaps a few more things were recorded yesterday...?
    Thats the dream
  • Options

I agree with this completely. There have been a few single LP vaults - the closest one to this I was thinking of was Vault 5 or 10 (Dead Weather or Raconteurs live at Third Man). If it was going to be purely a "Live at TMR" release I would have expected that they would have given the attendees a black and blue.
    Agreed. Thats what rules this out as a B&B 12". So its either a Vault, or MW release later.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Agreed. Thats what rules this out as a B&B 12". So its either a Vault, or MW release later.
    That is my thought also.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,546

I mean, you can still cancel. And just sign up when this vault goes live. Having stayed in affects nothing.

there's no seniority, member number, etc.?? that sucks.

I thought of joining years ago but way too expensive for me plus half the bands featured I could care less about.

Doesn't suck, it's awesome. No pressure and you can pick and choose which vaults you want rather than being basically suckered into buying all of them. They are too expensive for that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,875
    PJ_Soul said:

I mean, you can still cancel. And just sign up when this vault goes live. Having stayed in affects nothing.

there's no seniority, member number, etc.?? that sucks.

I thought of joining years ago but way too expensive for me plus half the bands featured I could care less about.

Doesn't suck, it's awesome. No pressure and you can pick and choose which vaults you want rather than being basically suckered into buying all of them. They are too expensive for that.
    Do you have a subscription with the Vault? How is the shipping to Canada? I see they use FedEx. http://thirdmanstore.com/customer-service . Is the customs charges intense?