Options

Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records!!!

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Should have said them Pearl Jam fans are nuts...... :rock_on:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Sorry if posted but when should we expect to receive them?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I'm thinking there were a lot of double purchases of these. eBay will be flooded with them plus Lost Dogs will be full of them to trade. Heck I was tempted to buy a spare myself to hold onto for a while but with extra postage to the UK it's a little risky if they make absolutely loads of these. Recent TMR Vault stuff has not been reselling that well recently from what I'm can see, only the early ones command big prices. I'm not condoning flipping but if like this it is available to order then I see no problem with buying more than one.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421
    ComeToTX said:

September
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517

ComeToTX said:

September
    Yep, September... and they usually announce HOW they're going to release them (like internationally, reverse alphabetical order of FIRST names first, then domestically, alphabetical order of last names... they're funny like that). People tend to post under the "Vault #__ has been released" post on TMR's site as to when they've received it (I think there's a Third Man Records thread in "Other Music" on our beloved Ten Club site as well that people post in as to when THEY'VE received their vault, as well). Every single vault I've received from TMR for the last 2+ years has been like opening the coolest Xmas present each time. Jack White and his crew really have done something quite special for music fans everywhere. Wish I had started subscribing to it WAY earlier than Lazaretto!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Cool. Thanks!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,748
    FR181798 said:

I'm thinking there were a lot of double purchases of these. eBay will be flooded with them plus Lost Dogs will be full of them to trade. Heck I was tempted to buy a spare myself to hold onto for a while but with extra postage to the UK it's a little risky if they make absolutely loads of these. Recent TMR Vault stuff has not been reselling that well recently from what I'm can see, only the early ones command big prices. I'm not condoning flipping but if like this it is available to order then I see no problem with buying more than one.

I would think the 10club would of placed a couple box sets for them to sell down the road online or at their Pop Up Shop events. It's too bad TMR Vault members can't buy more then one Vault per account instead of creating a 2nd or 3rd or 4th etc.. account. With the 10club we can buy as many Vaults as possible, but one per transaction. Can't combined Vault orders.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    FR181798 said:

I bought a spare, but I do with all PJ releases. One to play, one to stay sealed and admire on a shelf.. :confounded:
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

I bought a spare, but I do with all PJ releases. One to play, one to stay sealed and admire on a shelf.. :confounded:
    Moi aussi
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    This is a shot in the dark, but is there anyone who will NOT be ordering Third Man Records Vault #29 and has a spare discount code to share?
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    ZeldaZonk said:

This is a shot in the dark, but is there anyone who will NOT be ordering Third Man Records Vault #29 and has a spare discount code to share?

I don't think that's possible. When you join TMR, you automatically pay the 60 and get the package. If you don't want the package, you have to cancel your membership, likely rendering the code obsolete
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

ZeldaZonk said:

I don't think that's possible. When you join TMR, you automatically pay the 60 and get the package. If you don't want the package, you have to cancel your membership, likely rendering the code obsolete
    No, I'm talking about the discount code that was emailed to all of the Ten Club members to purchase it at a discounted price. If they don't use it, the code should still be valid. I have subscribed to the Vault for years and have never seen anything other than the usual $60 until this particular discount for Ten Club members to order it. Plus it's not a recurring subscription like the normal Vault memberships.
  • Options
    scurtis said:

MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

Moi aussi

I used to do this but cant really justify it anymore, Id rather spend the money on another record that I dont have. I guess its a decent investment with PJ when its stuff like this which wont be reissued but prices on binaural, riot act and avocado will surely plummet once reissues come out no matter what they sound like.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2016
    FR181798 said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

Moi aussi

I used to do this but cant really justify it anymore, Id rather spend the money on another record that I dont have. I guess its a decent investment with PJ when its stuff like this which wont be reissued but prices on binaural, riot act and avocado will surely plummet once reissues come out no matter what they sound like.
    They won't plummet. Original pressings retain their value if for nothing else collectibility. Just look at Led Zeppelin or the Beatles or even the new Pink Floyd reissues. They help the normal guy get a good pressing, but the originals are still worth much more.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    FR181798 said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

Moi aussi

I just do it where I can, I only "collect" records of a couple of bands. I also do it less for what they're worth and more for how cool it will be to have 20 years from now. The nostalgia I guess.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:

mrussel1 said:

ZeldaZonk said:

No, I'm talking about the discount code that was emailed to all of the Ten Club members to purchase it at a discounted price. If they don't use it, the code should still be valid. I have subscribed to the Vault for years and have never seen anything other than the usual $60 until this particular discount for Ten Club members to order it. Plus it's not a recurring subscription like the normal Vault memberships.
    So you don't think the discount code is linked to a membership or name? Interesting. Maybe not.
    I did think it was the normal recurring, so perhaps not.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    You had to click on the link in the email to use your discount code, so just getting the code won't work.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

FR181798 said:

Moi aussi

They won't plummet. Original pressings retain their value if for nothing else collectibility. Just look at Led Zeppelin or the Beatles or even the new Pink Floyd reissues. They help the normal guy get a good pressing, but the originals are still worth much more.
    Well maybe plummet is a strong word as yes there will always be some who want the first pressing and will pay good money to get a sealed copy etc. but I reckon the reissues will definitely affect the value but that's just my opinion. I suppose we will know soon with No Code and Yield. Im someone who collects originals where I can over reissues but prices are pushed up by the supply being less than the demand. If there are loads of reissues on the market then surely a large percentage seeking the LP will make do with one. People were buying the fake copies simply because it was the closest thing and they weren't going to spend $200.

To people like me PJ are up there with Led Zep etc. I'm just not sure others see them in the same way. Although I'm always surprised out how collectible PJ have become.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

ZeldaZonk said:

mrussel1 said:

ZeldaZonk said:

So you don't think the discount code is linked to a membership or name? Interesting. Maybe not.
    I did think it was the normal recurring, so perhaps not.
    Yes, it was just something that was sent from the Ten Club to all current members enabling them to purchase the Vault package at a discounted rate and as a one time purchase without the recurring subscription. The code can be entered in the shopping cart at TMR's website and it deducts $15 from the price. If someone chooses not to use their code and order it, the code should still be valid until it gets used.
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 596
    I purchased the set... is there any advantage of buying another one with my wife's membership? Is this going to be a highly-coveted, valuable commodity? (Settle down, haters. It's not a crime)
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18
  • Options
    wnh1977 said:

I purchased the set... is there any advantage of buying another one with my wife's membership? Is this going to be a highly-coveted, valuable commodity? (Settle down, haters. It's not a crime)

My guess is yes, but I'm purchasing a second one to have because I know my husband will want some of the extra items like the patch, etc. I don't want to part with those, so a second one will definitely be ordered just to keep the household peace.
  • Options
    It's like every Pearl Jam vault... Once the pre-order ends, it's gone. You can't buy no mo from them. Made to order. Flippers will have a field day with this one, unfortunately. :-/
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    I'm definitely buying two of them. Also buying two of Vault 6... also got two DMB Crash splatters delivered today.. I think I have a problem.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm definitely buying two of them. Also buying two of Vault 6... also got two DMB Crash splatters delivered today.. I think I have a problem.

There are worse addictions to have. You're fine.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    Quick question, guys: did anybody get this weird message while trying to pay through PayPal?

"PayPal gateway has rejected request. The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts (#10413: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details)."

I don't know what the problem is...
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 581
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Did you spin crash slpatter yet? Amazon or warhouse ?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266
    Sirens4 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Thought it was out on 15th? Amazon hasnt shipped mine yet.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266

Quick question, guys: did anybody get this weird message while trying to pay through PayPal?

"PayPal gateway has rejected request. The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts (#10413: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details)."

Its been mentioned several times already. Paypal doesnt work with the discount for people outside the US.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Sirens4 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Not yet... at work. It was from Amazon. I don't recall getting a notice of the splatter from the Warehouse, but I may have skipped over it.

It was supposed to be on the 15th but mine were delivered today. I also ordered Groo the other day and they put them together, so maybe that's why I got them early. Groo was marked down to 12.99 which is a good price for a solid album.
  • Options
    leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    Horse2345 said:

Its been mentioned several times already. Paypal doesnt work with the discount for people outside the US.
    Oops! Thanks