6/8/16 Psst.....

Comments

• andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,968
    Santos FTW!!
  • twhite1221twhite1221 Posts: 97
    It honestly only takes a second longer to just refresh the poster page. I wouldn't trust refreshing a url that I was guessing on to begin with. I mean you have a few minutes to get these, it isn't like a Sperry or EMEK drop where you are battling bots and milliseconds matter.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Sarava said:

I legit left my desk at 10:57 to go to the bathroom. Came back and it was up and gone. Rats!

Are people refreshing the forum to see if Santos posts? Or just refreshing the poster page of the goods page? I feel waste more than a second or two, you're SOL

I went to the poster page, and clicked on the link for the Philly 1 poster. That poster's item number was 4467. Yesterday's Philly 2 poster was item #4468. So I used the same url as the Philly 1 poster, but changed 4467 to 4469, which was obviously going to be today's item number. I had one screen open on this, next to a different page I was randomly surfing on the internet for fun. Every 10-30 seconds, I would go to the poster page click command-r (I'm on a mac). All of the sudden the Owl showed up, and I bought it.
    thats exactly one of the ways people did and score during tix sales before lottery..while others refresh to see the tix at ticket page,them had the buy button infront of them,and gett always tix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    Sarava said:

Sarava said:

I legit left my desk at 10:57 to go to the bathroom. Came back and it was up and gone. Rats!

Are people refreshing the forum to see if Santos posts? Or just refreshing the poster page of the goods page? I feel waste more than a second or two, you're SOL

I went to the poster page, and clicked on the link for the Philly 1 poster. That poster's item number was 4467. Yesterday's Philly 2 poster was item #4468. So I used the same url as the Philly 1 poster, but changed 4467 to 4469, which was obviously going to be today's item number. I had one screen open on this, next to a different page I was randomly surfing on the internet for fun. Every 10-30 seconds, I would go to the poster page click command-r (I'm on a mac). All of the sudden the Owl showed up, and I bought it.
    So skus will now be random. Enjoy.
    slh
    Doh. Honestly I figured most were doing the same thing. Good thing I'm done with posters this tour. :)
    dude, you are lucky that Santos didn't cancel your order.
    I remember them doing that around 2009 when people were doing this to secure 10club tix.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Sarava said:

thats exactly one of the ways people did and score during tix sales before lottery..while others refresh to see the tix at ticket page,them had the buy button infront of them,and gett always tix
    wow, we posted at the same time about the same subject.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:

Sarava said:

wow, we posted at the same time about the same subject.
    yep,..viva lottery..they end cheating for good
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sarava said:

slh
    Lol. That's some funny shit right there
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Eek, I was trying to help the person so they have a chance with the rest if us. Didnt intend to piss anyone off. Sorry.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Sarava said:

Wow, makes me think others with bots could do this. At least its really random now.

Prolly the only ones really mad now are the ones using this scheme to get first dibs.
    as i said so many times...guy thought lottery for tickets need to get double salary
    thank u dude..u end up cheaters for good
  • Pssssshhhhh!!
    www.cluthelee.com

Pssssshhhhhiiiiiit!!

fixed it

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    Sarava said:

I'm obviously not smart enough, can someone explain to me how this is faster than just F5'ing the poster page?

Does this method enable someone to see the item before anyone else?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:

Sarava said:

I'm obviously not smart enough, can someone explain to me how this is faster than just F5'ing the poster page?

this way u see only the product and u just clik add in card,without loosing time to see poster page and clik the specific poster and then u see the add in card page..so figure how IMPORTANT this was at tix sale when site crashed and u try to open the ticket page of the show you want and others just clik add in card and have tickets in their card and procced to check out
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    lolobugg said:

Sarava said:

Sarava said:

slh
    Doh. Honestly I figured most were doing the same thing. Good thing I'm done with posters this tour. :)
    I remember them doing that around 2009 when people were doing this to secure 10club tix.
    He can do that if he wants to. Its all good. Again, sorry to those bothered.
  • scurtis said:

Sarava said:

Same thing, you are just not having to then click on the poster to get to the page to add to your cart. One click faster, nothing too crazy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    If anyone is looking for a show version of the Philly 2 Emek in a trade for this, let me know.
    Sarava said:

lolobugg said:

Sarava said:

Sarava said:

slh
    He can do that if he wants to. Its all good. Again, sorry to those bothered.
    it's cool, man.
    I don't think he would do that over a $35 poster. tix on the other hand were a huge deal and still are.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460

scurtis said:

Sarava said:

this way u see only the product and u just clik add in card,without loosing time to see poster page and clik the specific poster and then u see the add in card page..so figure how IMPORTANT this was at tix sale when site crashed and u try to open the ticket page of the show you want and others just clik add in card and have tickets in their card and procced to check out
    Ok thanks, doesn't seem out of line to me, smart actually. But based on the history with tickets I can see why Santos/10c would want as even as a playing field as possible.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • scurtis said:

scurtis said:

Sarava said:

Ok thanks, doesn't seem out of line to me, smart actually. But based on the history with tickets I can see why Santos/10c would want as even as a playing field as possible.
    Yeah, it is just being smart and making tech work for you. As you illustrate, it is only one click faster.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    scurtis said:

Sarava said:

If you keep F5'ing / refreshing that direct url page, sure it's faster than just F5'ing the poster page. While we all are F5'ing intensely the poster page over @ http://pearljam.com/goods/index.php?cPath=19 we first have to wait till the poster comes up, click the poster link then add to cart. Takes a while to load from page to page. Knowing the url all you needed to do is keep F5'ing that page. That's it. Better advantage. 10club kept changing the url #'s a while now. Weird these #'s are so close together.

Just imagine if the 10club store moved over to Shopify or BigCartel? :p
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    KC138045 said:

Anyone get their Lexington yet?

Nope and tracking # brings back nothing.
    My Ft. Lauderdale poster has been sitting dorment somewhere with USPS since 5/31. Was supposed to be delivered 6/3. Just filled out a lost mail form.
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    edited June 2016

Sarava said:

Pro. Nice job!
    :punch:
    Post edited by front spacer on
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897

Sarava said:

slh
    Now that's funny.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    edited June 2016
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself Posts: 8,818

Sarava said:

Pro. Nice job!
    :punch:
    I guess my tempered sarcasm didn't translate well. Should have included an emoji. My bad
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Sarava said:

Eek, I was trying to help the person so they have a chance with the rest if us. Didnt intend to piss anyone off. Sorry.

If it makes you feel better I don't understand why you're getting attacked for it. I never would've thought to do that, so maybe this is some kind of scammer's tip that I don't know about, but it sounds to me like you just figured out a way to F5 the item page. I'm not sure why that makes you a dick or a douche. Try not to take it personally.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141
    ldent42 said:

Sarava said:

If it makes you feel better I don't understand why you're getting attacked for it. I never would've thought to do that, so maybe this is some kind of scammer's tip that I don't know about, but it sounds to me like you just figured out a way to F5 the item page. I'm not sure why that makes you a dick or a douche. Try not to take it personally.
    Agreed, its not that big of a deal.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    ldent42 said:

Sarava said:

Listen I have bought zero posters since 2013 so I have no dog in this fight but this is a blatant form of cheating hence me calling it a douche move. I m guessing santos had the same line of thinking. Pretty sure people got banned in 09 for doing the same thing with 10c tickets.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    How is it cheating?

I'm not saying that to argue, or be hostile, or anything that warrants me getting called names or receiving the same treatment that Sarava got, I'm legitimately asking the question because I don't understand that opinion and I'd like to hear it explained to me, because it's possible I'm missing something.

I have no knowledge of the 2009 ticketing episode.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435