What the fuck is this shit?

13»

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

RP112579 said:

Speaking of greed, OP, how is your attempt to make money off the band going?

https://teespring.com/yummy-jam-from-specia-may-2016

nicely done.
    :clap:

andrew68 said:

RP112579 said:

LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! !

"Please vote for my t-shirt design (@ threadless)"

seems odd to post on the Forum 3+ times 'begging' for votes...but a kid can't have a sign 'begging' for a tambo?

check yourself sir

Not even close to being the same thing.

Please don't derail the thread.

Since Santos commented, I believe that it wasn't viewed as derailment. And to that we say, "Oh, snap."
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,011
    DeLukin said:

Pearl Jam shouldn't be kid-friendly. Not their shows, not their music, not any of it. Unpopular view, I know, but rock concerts are no place for kids and bands shouldn't cater to them. That's why Chuck E Cheese was invented.

I like pizza. I would not like feeling like I was at Chuck E. Cheese during a rock concert. Man, it's been so long since I have been to a PJ show I'm getting a little worried with the kids begging for tambourines, tons of song request signs, and people puking on each other. Maybe I will get really drunk at Fenway, puke on the fans in front of me, while holding a sign that says, "Play "Bugs" for my dead neighbor's birthday and give me my fucking tambourine!".
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,137
    This thread = rubbernecking

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    edited May 2016
    KP_McMinn said:

The band really should start focusing on just rocking out and not feed the greedy pick- and tambourine-vultures up front. It's fucking disturbing being up front to Mike as it is with all 10clubbers stop caring about the music and throwing their hands out like pick-beggers every time he steps forward. The escalation of throwing out stuff from the band is the wrong way to go IMO.

My. Fucking. God.

Thank you for posting this awful picture. My have things changed.....Pre- 2005 Ed would have ripped up those stupid fucking signs up, then started playing Not For you, at a very intense level...thanks a lot you fuck faces.
    word
    Post edited by Kat on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
    edited May 2016
    KP_McMinn said:

The band really should start focusing on just rocking out and not feed the greedy pick- and tambourine-vultures up front. It's fucking disturbing being up front to Mike as it is with all 10clubbers stop caring about the music and throwing their hands out like pick-beggers every time he steps forward. The escalation of throwing out stuff from the band is the wrong way to go IMO.

My. Fucking. God.

Thank you for posting this awful picture. My have things changed.....Pre- 2005 Ed would have ripped up those stupid fucking signs up, then started playing Not For you, at a very intense level...thanks a lot you fuck faces.
    Horrible. We need Pre-2005 Ed back.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    my 8 year old wouldn't care one bit if eddie gave her a tambourine. she thinks autographs are silly too though.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 133
    Pearl Jam is Dad Rock now and has been for awhile. This is to be expected.
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
    edited May 2016

My. Fucking. God.

"I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film." - Airplane 1980.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,453
    ComeToTX said:

my 8 year old wouldn't care one bit if eddie gave her a tambourine. she thinks autographs are silly too though.

Smart 8 year old! Only thing I would spend extra on with an autograph is my favorite poster.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,453
    I would rather shake a hand and get a pic than have something that was touched by them (unless it's a personal gift)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882

RP112579 said:

nicely done.
    :open_mouth: burned
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    imagine having to fight people over a loaf of bread due to collapse of society :scream:

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
    edited May 2016
    ComeToTX said:

Most kids dig autographs. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just not a fan of the feeding of the entitlement and having people caring more for pics than the music upfront.

And this kind thing can be seen as a sign of that. But, yeah.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141
    KP_McMinn said:

I've said it before, unbeknownst to them, the band has jumped the shark....

I think you may be right.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,687
    Full disclosure. ....I got a tambourine from Ed at STL '10. Have it framed on the wall with a pic of Ed playing it.

Now....at Tampa this year I was in the first section Stones side when just after the tambo tossing a fan (from Argentina) got a picture with the wife of a band member (who shall remained unnamed). Shortly thereafter she had a tambo brought to him. He went crazy. Keep in mind it came from a pile of tambos. Had never been touched or used by Ed. He went nuts. I was confused by his over the top ecstasy over getting a tambourine that hadn't even been used by Ed. But to each his own.

People are bringing their kids to Springsteen shows to get swag or a moment with Bruce as well.
    Annoying.
  • Fucking losers. Fuck these bastards dead.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I'm guessing most kids could give a shit for a tambourine.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    It's getting a bit too heated in here maybe. haha.

To me it's more just a sign of a mentality the band shouldn't feed. because it's actually makes the time in the GA worse.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037
    Who cares? Don't you have anything better to worry about. So some kids got a tambourine tossed at them - sure it's become routine but is it really something to get all worked up about? The idea that you want the band to go back to angry, pre-2005 Ed is odd to me. Will you enjoy the show more if the band is pissed off? If you enjoy the shows, go to them and have a good time. If not, don't buy a ticket. If the 2 minutes of tambourine tosses bothers you that much that it ruins the other 3 hours of show, stop going.
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,983

RP112579 said:

nicely done.
    I love when Santos drops into a thread.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,983

To me it's more just a sign of a mentality the band shouldn't feed. because it's actually makes the time in the GA worse.

Who cares about the tambourines and signs? People are having a blast at these shows and clearly Ed enjoys doing it.

Why the need for negativity for an issue that has no impact on anyone?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    I remember Ed threw a tambourine out during Yellow Ledbetter. I thought that was odd and when the tambourine throws jumped the shark. THey didn't play RITFW or Baba that night so I guess he was compelled to throw out a tambourine.
    on2legs said:

Who cares about the tambourines and signs? People are having a blast at these shows and clearly Ed enjoys doing it.

Why the need for negativity for an issue that has no impact on anyone?
    I think it has an impact. I don't care about signs or people wishing for a tambourine. But as I said in the OT I think it does have an impact on the GA. And them feeding the behaviour will not make anything beter – rather, the signs in this case is a sign that stuff is going to get worse.

Now I'm gonna go to the city to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street and Frida the 13th on the big screen because it's Friday the 13th. Good times. Will leave the signs at home.

I remember Ed threw a tambourine out during Yellow Ledbetter. I thought that was odd and when the tambourine throws jumped the shark. THey didn't play RITFW or Baba that night so I guess he was compelled to throw out a tambourine.

Haha. Oh my god.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    one step away from a kiss cam
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2016
    Well, some posts are way over the line and PJ fans hating on PJ fans over tambourines and picks is not what we're about. This one is done. Have a beautiful weekend.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.