What the fuck is this shit?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188

Kids shouldn't be allowed in GA. No reason for them to be there, if not for selfish parents. The GA would be a better place without having to worry about kids.

They have as much fun on their "first concert" up in a seat.

They're fine there... but pull them to the very back of GA so they are out of the fray.
    Yeah, I menat up front ofc.

If these kids enjoyed Pearl Jam – they could have had a sign asking for a cool song to be played, or tell Eddie which Pokemon they like the most.

But instead THEY – OR THEIR PARENTS – ARE FUCKING BEGGING FOR A TAMBOURINE.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    No 7 year old kid ever said "dad, I want to go to pearl jam and I want to make a sign, and I want that sign to say "it's my first show, give me a tambourine"".

Pretty pathetic adults use their kids like this. There is wanting to experience great moments together and then there is dragging them to a pj show til 11:30 pm with everyone hammered and smoking weed pimping them out for a tambourine and telling them what a great time they're having.

And I don't these parents put this much effort into getting their kids noticed/things/special requests when they take them to sesame place or the zoo, you know, places kids actually want to go and would be psyched to spend time with their parents
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    I have been to several shows in GA where parents push their kids up to the first or second row early on knowing that most adults aren't going to push a kid back. If you want your kid to see, get a seated ticket.

It is a joke, and any time I see a parent with their kid in GA I know exactly their intentions to use them for stage merch or shout outs from Ed. Every time.
    nycrats said:

No 7 year old kid ever said "dad, I want to go to pearl jam and I want to make a sign, and I want that sign to say "it's my first show, give me a tambourine"".

Who knows, maybe the rumour of getting free tambourines at PJ shows are spreading through Minecraft.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    My 7 year old watches wrestling every week. Those fans have 100's of signs at these things. I took him to one live, kid never asked me to take a sign. I think he was just happy going. No way in hell a kid says "mom, dad...I want to make a tambourine sign".

100% agree with nycrats
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Speaking of greed, OP, how is your attempt to make money off the band going?

https://teespring.com/yummy-jam-from-specia-may-2016
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Yeah.
    The kids at shows thing has been debated time and time again here with various viewpoints.

This photograph in the OP pretty much sums up the 'anti' kid crowd's argument.
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532

I think it's a mindset that has invaded the PJ fan culture - me me me - I am entitled to everything!!!
    It's kinda sad....I just wanna dance and have a good time.

Nope, it's an entitlement culture across America, people feel entitled to anything and everything not just PJ.

• RP112579 said:

shit just got interesting.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited May 2016
    RP112579 said:

Not that good.

But I try to be creative and not be an asshole att the shows atleast. Some people might disagree on that though.
  • my 6 year old daughter keeps begging me to take her to a pearl jam show. I keep telling her she's too young for that. Maybe in 5 years or so (and if they ever come back to Winnipeg).

www.headstonesband.com

Hoccapuk said:

I think it's a mindset that has invaded the PJ fan culture - me me me - I am entitled to everything!!!
    It's kinda sad....I just wanna dance and have a good time.

Nope, it's an entitlement culture across America, people feel entitled to anything and everything not just PJ.

All of the western world. Not just America :)
  • my 6 year old daughter keeps begging me to take her to a pearl jam show. I keep telling her she's too young for that. Maybe in 5 years or so (and if they ever come back to Winnipeg).

Could be a good dad/daughter time.

Solid earplugs and some reserved seats... a beer for you and an iced tea for her... good times!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680

my 6 year old daughter keeps begging me to take her to a pearl jam show. I keep telling her she's too young for that. Maybe in 5 years or so (and if they ever come back to Winnipeg).

Im hoping they hang on until my kid is 10-12 (he is 3). I will take him one time just so he can say he went. Just reserved seats... and maybe even TM so he could see better (everyone standing in 10c seats).
  • Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,810
    RP112579 said:

nicely done.
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2016
    RP112579 said:

LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! !

"Please vote for my t-shirt design (@ threadless)"

seems odd to post on the Forum 3+ times 'begging' for votes...but a kid can't have a sign 'begging' for a tambo?

check yourself sir

Post edited by andrew68 on
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...

Solid earplugs and some reserved seats... a beer for you and an iced tea for her... good times!
    yeah, the music would be. I just wouldn't want to expose her to the Even Bros I have encountered at shows at 6.

www.headstonesband.com

• euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    jessebasi said:

If parents are taking advantage of their kids to get a tambourine, that's disgusting. If they are helping their kids get a cool souvenir from their first show, all to them.

What worse was in section 118/119 last night, Ed threw a tambourine to someone. The guy caught it, and then this 400 pound fat guy grabs the tambourine and tackles the guy to get the tambourine, then tackles his wife/girlfriend/just someone else (not sure, I was on the other side of the arena). He takes the tambourine triumphant and bangs it for the rest of the show. Stone shakes his head in frustration.

If anything, that's why Ed should quit with the tambourines.

That was 117 about 2 people away from me...crazy. Dragged the smaller guy across a couple seats. PJ Security broke it up and then came back with a tambo for the lady.

yeah, the music would be. I just wouldn't want to expose her to the Even Bros I have encountered at shows at 6.
    Lol!

A legitimate concern for sure. You might get lucky though. Most sections are free of assholes. It's the chance you take.

I took my son to see the Goo Goo Dolls in a smaller venue to see if he had the aptitude. He was 10. He was fine. He's seen a lot of bands now that he's 18.

Taking your daughter will add a touch of special to the show for you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    MayDay10 said:

back not too many years ago, he would actually use tambourines, smash them apart and toss them into the crowd not caring what happens to it.

Now its a whole cheesy thing. He just gets tambos and gives them directly to people, usually people propping their kids up. To be honest, Im not sure I would even want one at this point.

yeah, i don't get it. he touches it for 3 seconds and people go crazy. the begging and shit has gotten really over the top.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    I've said it before, unbeknownst to them, the band has jumped the shark....
    andrew68 said:

RP112579 said:

LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! !

seems odd to post on the Forum 3+ times 'begging' for votes...but a kid can't have a sign 'begging' for a tambo?

check yourself sir

Not even close to being the same thing.

Please don't derail the thread.

jessebasi said:

If parents are taking advantage of their kids to get a tambourine, that's disgusting. If they are helping their kids get a cool souvenir from their first show, all to them.

What worse was in section 118/119 last night, Ed threw a tambourine to someone. The guy caught it, and then this 400 pound fat guy grabs the tambourine and tackles the guy to get the tambourine, then tackles his wife/girlfriend/just someone else (not sure, I was on the other side of the arena). He takes the tambourine triumphant and bangs it for the rest of the show. Stone shakes his head in frustration.

If anything, that's why Ed should quit with the tambourines.

would love to see the video for that.....
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    photo image_zpsjgzifuoy.jpeg
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805

andrew68 said:

RP112579 said:

LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! !

check yourself sir

so you're entitled to beg for votes? but they can't ask for a tambo?

one day I will be as righteous as you so I can judge all...good for you sir
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
    andrew68 said:

andrew68 said:

RP112579 said:

LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! !

check yourself sir

so you're entitled to beg for votes? but they can't ask for a tambo?

one day I will be as righteous as you so I can judge all...good for you sir
    Have you even read the OT?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    edited May 2016
    I think a kid getting a tambourine means a hell of a lot more to the band and the kid then 30 or 40 year old adults fighting over a tambourine that ed touched for 3 seconds. That kid gets a tambourine he's an instant fan for life.
    It's like getting a foul ball at a baseball game; a kid snags one of them and he's hooked on the game for a long time.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    my friend went to columbia with me and it was his first show. once the tambo stuff started he asked me why anyone would want that. i just laughed.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    mcgruff10 said:

I think a kid getting a tambourine means a hell of a lot more to the band and the kid then 30 or 40 year old adults fighting over a tambourine that ed touched for 3 seconds. That kid gets a tambourine he's an instant fan for life.
    It's like getting a foul ball at a baseball game; a kid snags one of them and he's hooked on the game for a long time.

True.
    edited May 2016

The band really should start focusing on just rocking out and not feed the greedy pick- and tambourine-vultures up front. It's fucking disturbing being up front to Mike as it is with all 10clubbers stop caring about the music and throwing their hands out like pick-beggers every time he steps forward. The escalation of throwing out stuff from the band is the wrong way to go IMO.

My. Fucking. God.

Thank you for posting this awful picture. My have things changed.....Pre- 2005 Ed would have ripped up those stupid fucking signs up, then started playing Not For you, at a very intense level...thanks a lot you fuck faces.
    Post edited by Kat on
This discussion has been closed.