Hey Eddie, why dont you grow the fuck up?

13»

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    my2hands said:

Shut up and sing!!!!! :rofl:

That's not what I'm saying at all... have no problem with the usual banter... I'm pretty sure I align with eddie on a lot of issues...

I was listening with a buddy when I heard it... didn't say anything, we were having a good time so why distract from that... but it bothered me and I thought it was hateful, hypocritical, distasteful, and ignorant

Flame me if you wish, but I stand by my feelings on this

Grow up Ed
    Got ya, but I often try to diffuse a difficult situation with humour. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I respect everyone's right to an opinion. bUCK
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803

my2hands said:

That's not what I'm saying at all... have no problem with the usual banter... I'm pretty sure I align with eddie on a lot of issues...

I was listening with a buddy when I heard it... didn't say anything, we were having a good time so why distract from that... but it bothered me and I thought it was hateful, hypocritical, distasteful, and ignorant

Grow up Ed
    it certainly doesn't fall in line with the "kid friendly" vibe they are being accused of having at shows now.

"die fat guy! oh hey, kid, want a tambourine?"
    To be fair... it was 'die fat guy with a bad attitude'. It wasn't like he was saying 'die fat guy who's taking too long in the Tim Horton's line'.
    I know.

I will preface this by saying I obviously don't know Ed personally, but I think sometimes his emotions get the best of him. He has faults like we all do. Sometimes his message comes out harsh when he honestly wouldn't legitimately wish death upon another. I think he just gets frustrated that these antiquated ideas are still alive in the present.
    Thats also assuming he meant it literally and it wasn't just hyperbole which it most likely was.

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,255

Big deal.

Is this a joke thread?

I fucking hope so but unfortunately it seems like it's not.
  • my2hands said:

Grow up Ed
    it certainly doesn't fall in line with the "kid friendly" vibe they are being accused of having at shows now.

"die fat guy! oh hey, kid, want a tambourine?"
    To be fair... it was 'die fat guy with a bad attitude'. It wasn't like he was saying 'die fat guy who's taking too long in the Tim Horton's line'.
    I know.

I will preface this by saying I obviously don't know Ed personally, but I think sometimes his emotions get the best of him. He has faults like we all do. Sometimes his message comes out harsh when he honestly wouldn't legitimately wish death upon another. I think he just gets frustrated that these antiquated ideas are still alive in the present.
    Thats also assuming he meant it literally and it wasn't just hyperbole which it most likely was.

exactly.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    benjs said:

I thought it was a bit tragic. Even a self-professed pacifist saw "death to bigots" as a more viable solution than "death to bigotry". I think our society needs to do some major teaching/learning on the plausibility of condemning discriminatory acts/words to the end of changing their utterers - rather than condemning their utterers. Hate begets more hate, and we don't get anywhere.

Ed would have got his point across better if he would have eloquently spoke like you just did...the way he delivers his message sometimes (while drinking mostly) comes out sloppy and the message gets completely lost.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

my2hands said:

Spags said:

That was a classic to be fair.

That wasn't classic at all...

I guess that is where we are at now in the world of politics & social issues... wish death upon those we disagree with...

Dont expect me to cheer that dumb shit
    It is the left's playbook. Suppress and eradicate any viewpoint they don't agree with.
    this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on here. and that says a LOT.
    Tell that to the ex-CEO of Mozilla who happened to disagree with gay marriage and was forced out of his job. Regardless of whether he is right or wrong it is wrong that even if he never discriminated against anyone he is fired for holding a belief (and one where he was with the majority in California at the time).

• KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.